air shocks

Personally I wouldn't use manual air shocks. I had them on my 1500 (in forks for a short time, plus rear shock, CB900 Custom, and recently my '08 Kawasaki Vulcan.

what I found is that the manual system is a PITA. You have to carry a small hand pump with you; the small volume of air in each shock is subject to temperature induced pressure changes; and it's just something else you have to check before every ride. Air shocks are also subject to developing leaks.

That said I have air shocks in my Roadsmith Accuride System but it is automatic and I don't have to do anything to them.

Other than what I have now I would not use air shocks again. A good coil-over is virtually non-destructible and not that hard change when necessary. YMMV :D

"Like riding on air"... sounds good but air doesn't compress... springs do. I have had NUMEROUS air shock bikes in the past and find coil over shocks far superior IF you buy good quality shocks with the correct spring rate.

"Like riding on air"... sounds good but air doesn't compress... springs do. I have had NUMEROUS air shock bikes in the past and find coil over shocks far superior IF you buy good quality shocks with the correct spring rate.

Air does indeed compress, wiredgeorge. It's liquids that don't compress. But I agree with you on the air shocks. Seems like it's just a matter of time and they will leak. Coil over shocks is proven technology that just plain works.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daddy Lew
Back