Any new exhaust options for the 2015 FLRT Freewheeler. ??

KC international

Just got off phone with KC International and they told me it wouldnt fit the FreeWheeler. They just had to return the guys money. Going to go with American Customs they will take my stock ones and fix them for 200.

Just got off phone with KC International and they told me it wouldnt fit the FreeWheeler. They just had to return the guys money. Going to go with American Customs they will take my stock ones and fix them for 200.

Uhh,please read post #2 in this thread. The CFR knockoffs from KC Int'l work fine on a Freewheeler.

I ended up using fulsac cvo muffler cores. love the sound. Wasnt hard to do either. I couldnt finf a hole saw that would work to my liking. A lot less cost than new mufflers. They have gotten crazy with slip on mufflers prices.

Got the stage 1 done at my dealer but haven't had a chance to see the bike done yet. Still waiting on delivery. I got the V&H power duals head pipes, trike extension kit and the trike mufflers. Contacted V&H and they don't seem to know what a freewheeler is. Was wanting to know if the trike mufflers fit the freewheeler . No one seems to know much. I have no idea how or if the trike mufflers fit the FLRT since they were designed for the tri-glide. Anyone have any exhaust input or information for these trikes?? More curious than anything. Not much information seems to be out there on what slip on mufflers fit these things. Thanks in advance.

Vance & Hines now has a set listed specifically for the Freewheeler.
16798_1-500x400.jpg

Red,

Bought a set of Full Boar 3 1/2" slash cut slip ons by Jones exhaust off ebay for $179.00 plus $15.00 shipping. Don't stick out any further than the V&H and sound great. Didn't really mind the sound of the stock mufflers but hated the look of the 4" mufflers with the little hole in the end, If they had been recessed far enough not to seem I probably would have left them stock, but am really happy with the full boars. Especially the price.

thanks for the new info. When I got my exhaust set up , mufflers for the flrt had not been released yet. I am happy with the looks and performance of what I have but I know a ton of people hate the look of the mufflers sticking out the back of the trike . I think they look like an old hot rod and kind of dig it . But that is just me. Just out of curiosity ill go to the V&H website and see what they have come up with specifically for the freewheeler.

The way prices has gone up i find it hard for me to drop the kind of money to get a good performance set of mufflers.
This is what the fulsac cvo baffles look like at the end.

I will do a sound bite a little latter.
Everyone that has heard it wants me to do their bikes now.
Oh total cost was $70 for parts and $20 for shipping. With 2 hours work.

If anyone is close enough to come by can hear it and my shop is always open to use and do work using my tools. Just let me know in advance so I will be home. Got everything anyone would need for almost any type of build or just add accessories.

Update: on trikemufflers from Vance and Hines. Mine were the ovals. Not happy . Junk.

Just recently had the muffler tip for the trike ovals mufflers (and I use the term tip loosely since the V&H muffler tip and attachment to the muffler is a rather large unit) ; come off at hwy speed while riding.

I hope this does not happen to anyone else but mine flew off when I was on a road trip. I stopped at an HD shop on the road when it was coming off the first time and they put locktite on it. And changed and retorqued the attachment screws.
No charge so kudos to Rattlesnake HD in Kennewick, WA for trying to fix a crappy design flaw.
The HD shop mechanic that I talked to said one of there regular customers had that setup and the muffler tips kept coming off repeatedly.

Sure enough 200 miles down the road and the exhaust heat loosened the screws holding the muffler tip setup on and away the part went.
These parts are big enough to take out a car behind you and if it hit the windshield right could conceivably injure or kill someone.

I was done with the V&H setup at that point. I kept the headpipes since they are working well and the HD shop near me put a pair of Bassani mufflers on. It dented my pocket book pretty severely but it was better than getting sued for injuring someone with flying bike parts.

Way better mufflers and no flying parts. No more V&H mufflers for me. The Bassani mufflers do not fit flush but work so well I did not care. Yes they stick out slightly.

P.S. a couple of folks here have asked me to post pics of windshield , mufflers etc . I would love to but at this time have no camera . Used all my money on bike parts and unexpected travel obligations this summer.
Ride safe out there.

Bassani muffs

Both my Buddy/I put Bassani mufflers on our 2010 HD trikes several years - we like them/sound great and have never had any problems at all with them.:xszpv:

Just recently had the muffler tip for the trike ovals mufflers (and I use the term tip loosely since the V&H muffler tip and attachment to the muffler is a rather large unit) ; come off at hwy speed while riding.

I hope this does not happen to anyone else but mine flew off when I was on a road trip. I stopped at an HD shop on the road when it was coming off the first time and they put locktite on it. And changed and retorqued the attachment screws.
No charge so kudos to Rattlesnake HD in Kennewick, WA for trying to fix a crappy design flaw.
The HD shop mechanic that I talked to said one of there regular customers had that setup and the muffler tips kept coming off repeatedly.

Sure enough 200 miles down the road and the exhaust heat loosened the screws holding the muffler tip setup on and away the part went.
These parts are big enough to take out a car behind you and if it hit the windshield right could conceivably injure or kill someone.

I was done with the V&H setup at that point. I kept the headpipes since they are working well and the HD shop near me put a pair of Bassani mufflers on.

It dented my pocket book pretty severely but it was better than getting sued for injuring someone with flying bike parts.

Way better mufflers and no flying parts. No more V&H mufflers for me. The Bassani mufflers do not fit flush but work so well I did not care. Yes they stick out slightly.

P.S. a couple of folks here have asked me to post pics of windshield , mufflers etc . I would love to but at this time have no camera . Used all my money on bike parts and unexpected travel obligations this summer.
Ride safe out there.

Not having seen these mufflers I have to ask. Is it possible to add lock washers and nuts to the inside onto the screws?

Not having seen these mufflers I have to ask. Is it possible to add lock washers and nuts to the inside onto the screws?

im sure you could . I lost my parts before I could get home to try it. The dealer that re-attached the pipe ends for me was out so I tried to get home with just the locktite . Did not work out. Since the heat from the exhaust was loosening the screws I don't know if this would be effective or not but certainly would not hurt to try.

deep rumble

:AGGHH: I had Cobra headers and Cobra slipons, Phase 1 done, with Fuelpack FP3 tunner installed, before delivery. Love the deep bass you wanna rumble? sound, response is great, heat is minimal. Very happy with decisions. :D
ride safe,

Bassani muffs

My buddy and I have 2010 HD trikes - after MUCH research and listening to different mufflers on other Harley's we decided on the Bassani's -
been running them for several years now - NO
issues and sound is great (possibly a little loud for some people but NOT obnixious).
:p

Just dropped off my trike yesterday afternoon, fullsac headers, free flowing air filter, V&H Fuelpak, Rinehart 4"ers. Talking to the wrench and I mentioned the flying V&W tips... he rolled his eyes, shook his head, and said he's had three of them do that to him. He did mention that it was only the double-tip ones in his experience, all the other tips were ok.

Well, I chose to use the stock mufflers on my FLRT. I just removed the stock baffle cores and mounted removable/replace-able Vance & Hines baffles in them instead. That cost me less that $100.00 and I love the way they sound and perform.........

I don't like most of the replacement mufflers out there now because the FLRT actually uses a shorter muffler and most are standard length to fit the TGs - so they tend to stick back a bit farther than I like........

Springman

What kind of Vance & Hines baffles and is it louder? I am looking for more noise

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rramo
Back