Battery died

You want the 30L-BS. I did not say they all have a 4 year warranty, the red Banshee does. The Banshee has a higher CCA than the stock HD battery & that's not a problem.

Good info as usual Michael

Here is a riddle 4 u

9042505726:p

Reactions: MDO
For anyone who changes batteries every other year or needs a battery & doesn't know if there gonna keep the bike or are selling a bike/trike, I have had this brand battery in my Honda 1100 for a year & its performed well ($28). It's Sigmas Tek & here's a link for the HD model for trikes: you can find the brand at several sites, here I think shipping is around $20 for the heavy HD battery.

https://www.batterysharks.com/SigmasTek-STX30L-BS-p/STX30L-BS_M12-30-385-HD.htm

Well, got a reply from them today & none of the ones have 400 CCA. except the lilthium. $220 & 2 yr warranty. Looks like Deka is the way to go.

For anyone who changes batteries every other year or needs battery & doesn't know if there gonna keep the bike or are selling a bike/trike, I have had this brand battery in my Honda 1100 for a year & its performed well ($28). It's Sigmas Tek & here's a link for the HD model for trikes: you can find the brand at several sites, here I think shipping is around $20 for the heavy HD battery.

https://www.batterysharks.com/SigmasTek-STX30L-BS-p/STX30L-BS_M12-30-385-HD.htm

I ordered a battery from them last night and they cancelled the order .. See attached I guess the battery was miss price stated.

[h=3]Battery Sharks order@batterysharks.com via helpscout.net [/h]

2:45 PM (3 hours ago)

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me

cleardot.gif

Hello Theodore,

I'm contacting you regarding your order placed with us for one motorcycle battery. I'm sorry to inform you but we ran out of stock on this item and we do not expect it any time soon.

Your order is now cancelled and a full refund has been issued.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Mary | Battery Sharks

Sales and Customer Service

[h=3]Battery Sharks order@batterysharks.com via helpscout.net [/h]

2:45 PM (3 hours ago)

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me

cleardot.gif

Hello Theodore,

I'm contacting you regarding your order placed with us for one motorcycle battery. I'm sorry to inform you but we ran out of stock on this item and we do not expect it any time soon.

Your order is now cancelled and a full refund has been issued.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Mary | Battery Sharks

Sales and Customer Service

That is a crazy good price, I wonder if they will get it up again?

I had never heard of the brand, but it has been great in my Honda & it was around $34 delivered.

That MegaCrank for $89 delivered is a very good price.

I need to contact you & get some info, I have something I want to send you.

I had never heard of the brand, but it has been great in my Honda & it was around $34 delivered.

That MegaCrank for $89 delivered is a very good price.

I need to contact you & get some info, I have something I want to send you.

Cool, I hope its not an oil sample Just kidding about the oil:p

I'm a little nervous about that sample.

If they tell me that my oils shot after 2,100 miles, I'm gonna be devistated, I still have 10 quarts.:gah:

Yo will be fine, in fact I bet ya your report shows you could go longer on that oil, PLUS the break down of the really good needed stuff in that oil is going to prove to you ya got a winner

Then if you decide to try the Quicksilver oil you will know what I already know;)

Yo will be fine, in fact I bet ya your report shows you could go longer on that oil, PLUS the break down of the really good needed stuff in that oil is going to prove to you ya got a winner

Then if you decide to try the Quicksilver oil you will know what I already know;)

I have 4 quarts of Quicksilver 20W50 & my plan was to use it in the primary & transmission. The clearance price I paid of $4/qt. will make it fantastic for that.

Noon, your time. Yes, STL is central time.

Went to go for a breakfast ride this morning, hit the starter button and "click". Here are the particulars: 2012 Tri-Glide bought used, dealer installed a new battery as part of their trade-in servicing (according to service department invoice they gave me). It has been 2 1/2 years now since we bought the trike. We ride it all year long and if it sits for a few weeks (due to extreme heat or freezing cold) I have it on a battery tender. Volt meter shows a little over 14V at cruise speed. Last ride was Sunday and when we got home and stopped it restarted no problem to put it in the garage. No hint of impending doom - caught me by surprise only 2 days after our previous ride. Now, all my previous Harleys have easily gone 5 years on a battery (including 2 EFI bikes) so my question is how long have you gone on a battery in your trikes? Is there something particular about trikes that are hard on batteries or just my dumb luck to get a battery that failed early?

I have a 15 Triglide. Bought in May 16, battery died Aug 16, new battery died May 17, next one died April 18. Dealer checked entire system, found nothing wrong, says it is bad batteries. Can't believe this.

I have a 15 Triglide. Bought in May 16, battery died Aug 16, new battery died May 17, next one died April 18. Dealer checked entire system, found nothing wrong, says it is bad batteries. Can't believe this.

It can happen

We had a whole shipment of batteries that had NO acid in them

Batteries sit on the shelf sometimes too long and never come back to life

Went to go for a breakfast ride this morning, hit the starter button and "click". Here are the particulars: 2012 Tri-Glide bought used, dealer installed a new battery as part of their trade-in servicing (according to service department invoice they gave me). It has been 2 1/2 years now since we bought the trike. We ride it all year long and if it sits for a few weeks (due to extreme heat or freezing cold) I have it on a battery tender. Volt meter shows a little over 14V at cruise speed. Last ride was Sunday and when we got home and stopped it restarted no problem to put it in the garage. No hint of impending doom - caught me by surprise only 2 days after our previous ride. Now, all my previous Harleys have easily gone 5 years on a battery (including 2 EFI bikes) so my question is how long have you gone on a battery in your trikes? Is there something particular about trikes that are hard on batteries or just my dumb luck to get a battery that failed early?

One of my friends just replaced his OEM battery at about 3 years. He said the HD parts people told him they are warrantied for 1 year. Anything longer is just good luck.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndyX
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png