Battery died

15 tri-glide bought 7-15 and just replaced battery because i listened to the radio alittle to long. It was showing signs of slowing down anyway, so i replaced it with a big crank from battery mart. We will see how long it lasts.

I could have most likely run the other battery till the end of the year, but why take a chance for $112 bucks.

Big crank

15 tri-glide bought 7-15 and just replaced battery because i listened to the radio alittle to long. It was showing signs of slowing down anyway, so i replaced it with a big crank from battery mart. We will see how long it lasts.

I could have most likely run the other battery till the end of the year, but why take a chance for $112 bucks.

I’ve agree, been running that brand/company in both my Harley’s now for several years

and NO complaints + good price & quick delivery !

:Dorag:

The AGM batteries being manufactured now seem to improve, quality wise, every few years.

They are vastly improved from just a few years ago. That progress is nothing but good news for us riders.:cool:

All this talk about batteries made me decide to replace my battery. It was 2.75 years old and seemed to work fine, but I am taking a trip next week and don't want to risk being sidelined when you can spend $150 and not have to worry.

I bought a 2 year Duracell battery from Batteries Plus for $158 and got 10% off for ordering online. Installation was extremely simple!

The heat killed my oem battery today 28 months on oem

I got a Duracell from Batteries plus today with a 2 year warranty Happy camper again;)

Reactions: MDO
Jump start

Jumping in a little late. I've always was able to jump start big twins ( with no apparent ill effect) this method. From right side look in past your oil fill/trans fill holes, you'll see the starter end-- on top of this you'll see the solenoid with a rubber cap on a large nut/bolt with a thick cable hooked directly to the battery. Hook positive jumper clamp on nut, and negative clamp on engine block (chromed metal does not give good ground and you'll pit the chrome)

Jumping in a little late. I've always was able to jump start big twins ( with no apparent ill effect) this method. From right side look in past your oil fill/trans fill holes, you'll see the starter end-- on top of this you'll see the solenoid with a rubber cap on a large nut/bolt with a thick cable hooked directly to the battery. Hook positive jumper clamp on nut, and negative clamp on engine block (chromed metal does not give good ground and you'll pit the chrome)

Not for anything, What with all the electronics on all the newer vehicles i would be very careful how i would jump start a vehicle any vehicle...Not like way the it used to be done... As a matter of fact..

Last summer when i had to get a jump start at the school parking lot with my Wife's car From the custodians truck the jumper cables went from the good battery to the positive terminal of the wife's and the negative went to a ground [not the battery] in the engine compartment....

And if jumping a bike with a car, Make sure that the car engine isn't running...

The days of jumping a starter with a screwdriver to by pass a bad solenoid are long gone....:Shrug:

Jumping

I understand what you're saying, but, the positive post from the battery is connected directly to the solenoid, all the jumper cables is doing is powering the solenoid from a good power source. Grounding on the block a short distance away from the positive connection negates sparks unless you have a moron connect it to the air cleaner or carb. Then Darwinism is justified. If a person does not know to hook up dead battery first and do not start the other vehicle (only in certain circumstances to charge the weak battery) then again Darwinism. A running car/truck is putting out high amperage and can possibly destroy your scooters system.

I understand what you're saying, but, the positive post from the battery is connected directly to the solenoid, all the jumper cables is doing is powering the solenoid from a good power source. Grounding on the block a short distance away from the positive connection negates sparks unless you have a moron connect it to the air cleaner or carb. Then Darwinism is justified. If a person does not know to hook up dead battery first and do not start the other vehicle (only in certain circumstances to charge the weak battery) then again Darwinism. A running car/truck is putting out high amperage and can possibly destroy your scooters system.

:D:D......Yep, Morons are never in sort supply....:xzqxz:....

Hot batteries

Kinda makes me wonder if the fact that the battery is almost directly over the 1000 ° plus catalytic converter, and gets hot air off the engine is eating them up? Just kidding, it's typical poor engineering with built in obsolescence.

Kinda makes me wonder if the fact that the battery is almost directly over the 1000 ° plus catalytic converter, and gets hot air off the engine is eating them up? Just kidding, it's typical poor engineering with built in obsolescence.

Heat, cold and vibration are the big killers of standard design batteries

Reactions: MDO
Sealed gel

Had one of these in my 03 RK for over 7 years, cranked over without hesitation. Anyone stick one in their 3 wheeler

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png