Bought this.

Good deal Fuzzy. The Navi is a nice option and the pearl white is too, I like it. Fuzzy did you ask the dealer if the brake recall had been done?

Nice looking Ride! I have a 2007 Goldwing with a Champion conversion and I love it. I don't have experience with any of the other conversions but I am completely happy with my 2015 conversion with IRS.

Ride Safe and Have Fun:clapping:

Pearl white - yes

I agree on the pearl white got one myself GL 1800 08 with the road Smith HTS conversion two tone paint job with running boards. Had a trike without running boards and one with and I'll never do another one without if you're considering an investment or addition to your new trike consider running boards. Reduces wind on your passenger keeps you cooler when you have a hot pavement and also dryer on a wet pavement. Also saves on the small Road pit chips in your fenders.

Enjoy your new ride and ride safe fellow tricycler.

I went to the doctor today at the VA ... as I was driving there I got a call saying the doc's office was out sick and they had to reschedule me for Monday ... :AGGHH:... so ,much for picking up Fat Bottom Girl 2 on Monday. Go figure, a government employee "sick" on Friday. (nothing against government employees, I used to be one and know how the game is played). I rescheduled picking up the trike for Tuesday...I guess another 24 hours won't kill me ... but it might!!!

Well the dealer I was gonna buy this from called this afternoon and said he just got a pearl white, 2008 Gold Wing Navi trike. Incase you don't know, I love white bikes, especially pearl white. Needless to say, I put a deposit on it and will pick it up Monday the 26th. The dealer is 250 miles away, so, I get a last ride on Tweety, then a maiden voyage on Snow Bird.

Now the hard Part ... waiting. :AGGHH: I must say the sale is conditional on how the bike looks in person and how it rides.

Here's some picks.

View attachment 46148

View attachment 46149

View attachment 46150

View attachment 46151

I think it's a Champion Kit.

You might have noticed it is missing a seat. A seam had torn, so it's being recovered. It will been the bike tomorrow, hence, can't pick it up until Monday.
Nice Fuzz very nice see good things come to good people...:good: Fred

She is mine and she is fine.

Long day yesterday. Left my house at 5 am (first light). I don't ride much at night around here, we have lots of critters that like to cross the road. Did the over the rockies thing on Tweety. It was kind of nice to have a last ride on her. Got to Fort Collins right at 10am.

Checked out the trike and she was gorgeous. I did notice a few "problems".

The left running light on the mirror wasn't working.

She was missing the CB antenna (Just the top part). She had these funky (for lack of better word) boards, heal toe shifter and rear brake pedal, these made it very difficult for a tall "not so svelte" rider to shift or brake. On the test ride, I really had to mash down on the heal toe shifter to get it to go from 2nd to 3rd and reaching the rear brake was cumbersome to say the least. The trailer hitch was missing the little pin to hold hitch pin on. When I tried to start it the first time, it kinda hiccuped ... almost like a dead battery. The NAVI screen has a "spot" looks like bad pixels, but works fine. There is 3M Film on the rear fenders and at some point a rock hit it and made a tear that was allowing water to get in. The paint was untouched, so the film did it's job. The windshield has a little delimitation and a little fogging. I didn't mention it, I plan to purchase an F4? when my life slows a bit.

I talked to the salesman and he hooked me up with a service tech.

The running light turned out to be a bulb that was replaced.

The salesman authorized the tech to remove the CB antenna from a 2003 GL1800 that was sitting on their lot. He installed it on my trike.

The salesman authorized the tech to remove the pegs, shift linkage and brake pedal from Tweety and install them on Fat Bottom Girl.

The Hiccup turned out to be a loose ground on the Battery. Fixed.

The hitch pin had actually developed some rust and it took the tech a little while to get it out and the hitch removed. The did not have a pin to ensure that it didn't fall out, so I just put it in the trunk until I got it home and put one in.

We couldn't do anything about the NAVI screen as the local Honda dealer didn't have one. The dealer is going to "procure" one and I agreed to have it installed or do it myself.

The film tear is not fixable, but, my guy here in Junction said he could replace that fender's film and match the other side. The service tech "trimmed" the ragged edge of the film and now water can't get in any more.

Pretty impressed with the dealer. Treated me very well and even ordered me and my buddy who rode over with me a pizza and sodas while we waited.

About and hour to do the "repairs". Because of the unplanned delay's, we had to hustle if we where going to make it to Bible Study at 7pm. We left the dealer about 11:45 and hightailed it home. 300 miles in 7 hours wouldn't normally be a huge deal, but, here in Colorado, we have two seasons. We have winter and construction. There we 6 places that could of been bad. All bridges/overpasses where they were working on the guard rails and road surface. When they pour the concrete for the guard rails, they shut down traffic because the concrete pumper is huge. We got to Eagle, which is past 5 of the 6 areas that could slow us down around 3pm. We stopped at a Burger King, got a drink and copped a squat in a grassy area and kind of cooled off. It was already 90+ outside and my old bod needed the break. Thirty minutes later we where on the road again. I got home at 5:30pm, just enough time to get a little cleaned up and go to Bible Study. The biggest thing was getting the bugs out of my teeth. Lots of smiles on the way home.

All in all, a very long day. But a very satisfying day. I am once again a bonafide triker. :D Opps ... missed a bug I see.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyldesydedavid

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyldesydedavid
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png