Cooler Fans

I just ordered a LeNales fan that mounts in place of the horn . any feed back on them?
Yes, I have had a Lenale fan on my 2011 Tri Glide for the last three years. Easy install, looks like it came on the trike from the factory, does not cover the cylinders, has been thru many rains and it works.:D

I have the Wards fans. I have the manual switch...just a personal preference over the thermostat controlled ones.

I have somewhere around 20k miles on them, including lots of rain, sleet, snow, 110* temps, and all the dust and crap from the trip up to Alaska and back. No issues, still working fine.

I switch them on when my head temp hits 200-210 degrees.

I have played with them quite a bit, and they are good for lowering head temps (and oil temps as a result) anywhere from standing still to up around 80 MPH. Between 60-80 mph they do not lower the head temp as much as at lower speeds.

Just yesterday I was doing some work in the garage (ambient temp 65*) and after idling for awhile the head temp was up to 246* and still climbing. I then switched on the fans and within a couple of minutes the head temp had dropped down to 204* and still dropping.

Last week I was running down the interstate for awhile and decided to play a bit. Ambient temp was 55*. I had the fans on and head temp was fluctuating between 202-208. (speed was 70-85 mph) I switched the fans off and over a few minute period the head temps rose to 230*.

I have never used the Love Juggs, I just have not gotten past the look of them. I do like in their video how they submerse them to show how impervious they are to water. I did wonder why in their comparison they do not include the Wards fans.

If the Wards fans did not exist, or if they did not cool sufficiently, I would bite the bullet on looks and get the Love Juggs.

Wish I could give you an apple to apple comparison, but hopefully the above info is somewhat helpful.

Kevin

Kevin how do you know what your head temps are?

Tbear, when you say they are adding more fuel, you mean they have returned to a tune that richened right. So the question is was it the tune, or the oil capacity and cooler that helped them the most?

Fusionfool,
Socko was right on! with the explanation as to Tune and Oil Capacity. It made a difference to my bike afterwards. I personally feel that I have one of the best Tune Mechanics in the State. Those who know him,swear by him.

with the internal combustion engine (be it a car , bike , or lawn mower) the leaner you make it the better it runs until you get a drop in rpm or h.p.(as some of you know this was the principal in adjusting carbs) problem is the leaner mix increases heat in the cylinder. your tuner guy has to find the sweet spot with out damaging the motor.

with the internal combustion engine (be it a car , bike , or lawn mower) the leaner you make it the better it runs until you get a drop in rpm or h.p.(as some of you know this was the principal in adjusting carbs) problem is the leaner mix increases heat in the cylinder. your tuner guy has to find the sweet spot with out damaging the motor.

yes to that. Had a Larger Cam,Bigger AC,Dual headers (no cat) and Dyno done. Now-No unbearable heat,More torgue, no more ac cover hitting my knee, lower sound, zooooommm! I got my HotRod back~:pepper:

And fugly.

Guess thats just one of the reasons I went with Jason Ward and his FCS fans. I looked at functionality as well as the cosmetic aspect.. Most others were big and flashy which I did not want.

When talking to Jason he totally understood. AND like I've previously indicated I have a mini-Beast II horn. Jason fixed me up with a special MB horn mount and the FCS fans with black screens.

o~\o

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 90
Guess thats just one of the reasons I went with Jason Ward and his FCS fans. I looked a functionality as well as the cosmetic aspect.. Most others were big and flashy which I did not want.

When talking to Jason he totally understood. AND like I've previously indicated I have a mini-Beast II horn. Jason fixed me up with a special MB horn mount and the FCS fans with black screens.

o~\o

That looks nice.
Dennis

That looks nice.
Dennis

Thanks Dennis.

What ya can't see is the Zagg 751-FP2400 fan assisted oil cooler, your lifts in the rear and ClutchWiz.

This is what did to the inner fairing.

o~\o

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    448.1 KB · Views: 65
Guess thats just one of the reasons I went with Jason Ward and his FCS fans. I looked at functionality as well as the cosmetic aspect.. Most others were big and flashy which I did not want.

o~\o

That's the same set-up I have on my TG and like you I spoke with Jason. It was after speaking with Jason and hearing his explanation of the size & location of his fans that I decided to buy his fans, including the fact I didn't need to find another place for my mini-beast. Plus the fact his fans are not double huge & double fugly:D

put the le nale fan on over the weekend . no pics yet. install went easy. not much bigger than the cow bell. puts out a big flow of air to both cylinders. now I will just have to wait on summer to see how it works. now have to find a good place for my horn. thought about under the wife's seat facing up?

put the le nale fan on over the weekend . no pics yet. install went easy. not much bigger than the cow bell. puts out a big flow of air to both cylinders. now I will just have to wait on summer to see how it works. now have to find a good place for my horn. thought about under the wife's seat facing up?
First time you honk it she might find a better place up your !:D

o~\o

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png