Eclipse of the Sun

Sully

Trike Talk Executive Chef
Gold Member
Mar 23, 2014
Kennesaw, Ga.
On Saturday, October 14, 2023, all of North America will experience an eclipse of the Sun (where the Moon blocks our view of the Sun.)

Anyone see this.
:Shrug:

We could not look at it without safety glasses, it was too bright....

Yup.. I was right in the middle of it in Kerrville, Texas…. at home… inside, doing housework.

I did have the NASA website up and glanced at it a few times.. I did not buy the special glasses nor attempt to look at the action outside. NASA was set up here with all their equipment. So… it was just an eclipse.. I have experienced a few. Why they hyped this one up so big is beyond me.

There’s going to be a TOTAL eclipse of the sun, with Kerrville being in the middle of it again.. next April. They have already started the hype on that also.

If it interests you to be here to physically observe it I highly suggest you make your hotel or RV Park reservations now. Watch the weather forecast.. could be cloudy.. April is historically a very rainy month here.

We were supposed to be able to see a partial eclipse today here in Florida but we forgot all about it, it was clear today too.

Yup.. I was right in the middle of it in Kerrville, Texas…. at home… inside, doing housework.

I did have the NASA website up and glanced at it a few times.. I did not buy the special glasses nor attempt to look at the action outside. NASA was set up here with all their equipment. So… it was just an eclipse.. I have experienced a few. Why they hyped this one up so big is beyond me.

There’s going to be a TOTAL eclipse of the sun, with Kerrville being in the middle of it again.. next April. They have already started the hype on that also.

If it interests you to be here to physically observe it I highly suggest you make your hotel or RV Park reservations now. Watch the weather forecast.. could be cloudy.. April is historically a very rainy month here.

There are no rooms within 50 miles of Kerrville. I know, because I have tried. Also no VRBO as well, tried also.

It passed over lovington and it looked like the sun went behind a cloud. :xzqxz:

To me, here in Kerrville, when the eclipse was at its most full, it looked like a moderate dust storm in west Texas. I thought it would be a little darker than it was.

Having lived 48 years at various places in west Texas, before moving back to this area, I have seen dust storms so dark that the street lamps came on in the middle of the day. :tumbleweed:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinamc209
Back