Excessive Heat on right leg

Heat Issue

Actually because they are mounted about 1/2 inch off the other shield they allow air to flow under and between them helping them actually draw heat away from the pipes - I've had them on long enough to tell you that i will never take them off - I have since mad a small triangular shield to cover the elbow section - They do more than just save you leg - Simple fix to a age old problem

I also installed the mid frame deflectors , 1" floor board extensions ,and straight threw louvered baffle slip-on mufflers - My next project will be a tank lift

Actually because they are mounted about 1/2 inch off the other shield they allow air to flow under and between them helping them actually draw heat away from the pipes - I've had them on long enough to tell you that i will never take them off - I have since mad a small triangular shield to cover the elbow section - They do more than just save you leg - Simple fix to a age old problem

I understand the dynamics here

The main problem is these engines run TOO hot for their own good

Cooling them down is a win win for longevity JMO;)

Check your head temp and oil temp just for grins

Oh my! Lot's of band-aids being applied without addressing the fact that these things run too hot.

Covering up/shielding the heat may temporarily make the owner of a Twin Cam or M8 feel better...but it is actually trapping the heat, making the already too hot engine run even hotter.

The best solution, for rider/passenger comfort And for engine performance/longevity, is to reduce the amount of heat (not cover it up).

Reports on heat and what can/should be done about it are in the following two links-

LINK 1

LINK 2

Protect yourself and your Trike

Kevin

Back