Frankenstein Parking/Hand Brake Kit

I'm looking for opinions from someone that has Frankenstein's parking brake kit on their trike.

I picked up a 2007 sportster with a Frankenstein kit on it for my wife and am thinking about adding their parking brake kit. I would also rig up a warning/indicator light to make sure it isn't left engaged.

Thanks

George

I'm looking for opinions from someone that has Frankenstein's parking brake kit on their trike.

I picked up a 2007 sportster with a Frankenstein kit on it for my wife and am thinking about adding their parking brake kit. I would also rig up a warning/indicator light to make sure it isn't left engaged.

Thanks

George

I wasn't aware they offered such kit. Do you have a link?

Thanks

George

I wasn't aware they offered such kit. Do you have a link?

http://frankensteintrikes.com/components_parking_brake.html

It is a mechanical caliper that mounts on the same disc as your regular rear brake, along with the brackets, bolts, and cable. The handle mounts to your rear fender bracket. I figure it would cost $200 to buy parts. A decent caliper would be about $100, plus the lever, cable, and then you would have to make brackets. So $300 seems to be a fairly reasonable cost with all the brackets and bolts.

http://frankensteintrikes.com/components_parking_brake.html

It is a mechanical caliper that mounts on the same disc as your regular rear brake, along with the brackets, bolts, and cable. The handle mounts to your rear fender bracket. I figure it would cost $200 to buy parts. A decent caliper would be about $100, plus the lever, cable, and then you would have to make brackets. So $300 seems to be a fairly reasonable cost with all the brackets and bolts.

Interesting. I thought I scoped out everything on their website. I have just been keeping my front brake lever compressed with a piece of rubber off a guitar stand. Some people use a strip of Velcro.

Interesting. I thought I scoped out everything on their website. I have just been keeping my front brake lever compressed with a piece of rubber off a guitar stand. Some people use a strip of Velcro.

I sometimes put it in gear along with the velcro. K.I.S.S.

Parking Brake Installed

I installed the Frankenstein parking brake kit on my wife's sportster. The kit was easy to install and works well.

I have included a picture of what is included in the kit and the final install.

In addition to the kit, I added a brake switch and bracket wired to an LED light on the handlebars. So, note that the brake switch and LED are my add-ons and don't come with the kit.

6.JPG

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Back