GL1500 Custom Home Build Trike - Pics

Re: Honda GoldWing Gl1500 Custom Built Trike

Skip, your whole trip was an adventure!!!!!! But look at you with a new King Ranch (LOVE the leather in that option!!!!) AND a new trike. Some adventures just make life better even if they seem to be a headache at the time :D

Here's a picture of the body I got from spiderbob out in Calif.
Will need to repair & do some mods on it to fit.
Will need to cut the trunk area to clear the rear end frame & maybe a few other area.
Will be changing the tail lights also.

Here you can see where I plan to mount the Jet Ski Gas Tank

Will need to cut & add new framing from the bike mount to the rear end for clearance of the body
Need to bend & remount the lower bag support to clear the gas tank & relocate the air pump dist.on the right side.
Redo the upper support from shock mount to rear end frame also.

Are them the tires you are gona ride on? I hope your radio is loud enough . they look like they are gona howl like a coon dog in heat ..

skip20 looks like you did good on the body. Looks a lot like my daughters 1500 CSC body.

Sitting level & pretty.
Sat the truck on for lookly see.
Now should I put fender flairs or cut the fenders & move them out?
Will need to cut wheel opening to clear the larger 17" rims & tires.

Fender flairs would give it some awesome lines and definitely make it a standout from the kits. But, of course, I am told I have no taste.

I think the flairs would be to wide. I vote for widing the fenders. It's going to look great.

Well here comes my nickles worth lol
if you have the skill to do either go for it.
I would widen the fenders first then try the flairs
and see how they look on and off
personally i would of course do both if i could
individualism is that a word? Has got to start in trikes
pretty quick.
Look at the car industry at 50 feet who knows what brand it is lol

Skip....I played around a little with Photoshop to try and see what your fender would look like with a little widening and a slight flare. I'm not very good with Photoshop but maybe you can get an idea from it???

That looks great. Wish I could do that.
Can I use the Picture else where.
I'm about 1 hour from the Dragon on the TN side, haven't been there yet.
Skip20

Flares look easier than cutting the fender down the middle . what happens to the tail light etc?

I think widening the fender + a small flair will look best. Just a personal thing, but I don't care for super big flairs. Adding the flair after opening up the wheel opening to match your bigger tires would also reinforce the edge of the opening. Back in the day, we used to flair wheel wells on our hot rods by brazing 1/2" or 3/4" EMT to the edge of the opening & leading it in -- for those of us that knew how to lead -- bondo for those who didn't. I wonder if you could use PVC for that with the fiberglass? PVC bends nicely if you warm it up.

NM

If you cut it to the inside of the fender an added material between the tail light and the body (Rather than down the middle) you could save the tail lights. You could strengthen the body side by filling in most of the gap

Got the tail light cups filled.
Trimmed & sanded to shape this morning
Put 2 layers of 1.5oz mat for a firm surface to bodywork.
Also finished laying up the bumper area.
1st picture shows the roller ( one of many types )& the need to roll out the bubbles.
The bright lite area to the left bumper area had not been rolled out.
2nd pictures shows the glassing finished & time for the waiting game & post here.
Will still need to grind & glass the inside damaged area.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png