GL1500 Custom Home Build Trike - Pics

Re: Honda GoldWing Gl1500 Custom Built Trike

Lookin good Skip. Are you going to re-gelcoat or fill and paint?

Last edited:

Looks good, Skip! How do you deal with all that 'glass dust? Makes me itch just thinking about it!!

NM

Looks good, Skip! How do you deal with all that 'glass dust? Makes me itch just thinking about it!!

NM

+1 Me too. I don't care how long a sleeve you wear or how you cover your head that dust finds its way into evey pore it feels like. :(

I worked on 18 wheeler cabs. (fiberglass). the first time I came home Honey washed my clothes in with the rest of my work clothes , I Itched when ever I wore anything that was washed in that load

If you rub your arms and neck down before being exposed to the fiberglass dust you don't itch and the dust showers away easily.

There is a cream you can use that washes off in the shower.
I take a cold then hot shower to open & close the pores.
Wash your clothe by them self's, & undress in the basement or you will have little white hair all over the place & will checking you head in the mirror.

That's good to know. Where do you get that cream? Body work supply places? Cat doesn't use much fiberglass & I guess I lucked out with the truck tractor cabs in only having to work on aluminum. 'Course, then have to deal with the zinc chromate primer. Been a while since I did truck work - may be something better out now that doesn't kill the lungs. That kinda tells how long it's been, huh? Respirators back then were a luxury & not mandated like today.

NM

The hazards we were exposed to and did not think anything about it. We are the lucky ones.

The hazards we were exposed to and did not think anything about it. We are the lucky ones.

After 18 years as an auto mech., working in fiberglass boat shop & all of the other thing that are now hazards to you, guess I'm lucky to still be alive. But then again I would still eat eggs.

The cream was white & supplied by the boat shop. Don't remember the name but it worked unless you sweated.
Maybe fiberglass supplier may have a lead on it.

I've started the body work on the trike body.
Plan on making a mold of it when finished.

That is coming along great . I am excited to see the finished product . Would love to see it close up and personal.

You certainly are multi-talented being able to do all the mechanical and body work. I have enjoyed following your progress and look forward to seeing the finished project.

Nice work.....................Now some 59' Caddy tail lights molded in there would be fantastic

WoW Skip I can't believe all the work you are doing. That wax job is great. Having made a few molds I can appreciate all the work that was involved to make it look that good. Keep the pictures coming. On such a dreary day they are great!

Been working on the molds for the different parts of the body.
Below is the outside of the trunk lid.
Already did the inside.

Working with fiberglass myself in the past I can really see your hard work. BTW that yellow car in the background is that a Fiberbab Bradsy GT. are you going to be producing the trikes for sale ?

Back