Goldwing 1500 stereo

Has anyone replaced their stock stereo on a Goldwing 1500 finally getting rid of the cassette player? I have hit nothing but dead ends and it is a shame because an mp3 player would be so nice. Just thought I would ask.

WS

Are you wanting an input jack to play an mp3 through or wanting to replace the whole thing?Between goldwingdocs.com and goldwingfacts.com there are multiple instructions for doing both if you have the abilities.

Has anyone replaced their stock stereo on a Goldwing 1500 finally getting rid of the cassette player? I have hit nothing but dead ends and it is a shame because an mp3 player would be so nice. Just thought I would ask.

WS
Shouldn't have to remove the cassette player to play your MP3 player. Just install a jack. GOOD LUCK

There are two ways you can play your mp3 music without breaking the bank.

a. Go to www.goldwingsdoc.com and order one of Steve's GPS audio input devices. It can be used to play music through your radio. Cost: About $65.00

b. Check Walmat (or online) for a cassette adapter. The cassette goes into the 1500's player and has a pigtail that will plug into your portable mp3 player. Cost: About $20.00

I like the latter best since it plays through all the speakers.

Picked up the adapter and hooked it to my phone, works excellent.

Thanks again for the help. Now we will see how long the adapter lasts as the reviews weren't great for longevity.

WS

Get an extra adapter and keep it in the trunk. When we had Her Purpleness, a '94 GL1500SE Motor Trike I used an adapter, and it worked well, the only thing was the cord gets pinched when you close the cassette door and it will eat through the insulation over time - first one lasted just over a year. On the next one I put a wrap of electrical tape in that spot (only once nor twice around or it is too thick to close the door) but it still messed up the cord, just lasted a bit longer.

Thanks for the contribution Ozarkryder.

I will keep this in mind for down the road. I need to find someone in my area who is capable and willing to tinker.

Thanks again!

WS
[h=1][/h]

Back