Help, pain in the butt

seat cover

Okay, here it is. I ride a 99 Wing trike with a Corbin seat on it. The Corbin feels like it's sewing buttonholes in my butt after 50 miles or so.

Been looking for a Hartco or Diamond, but no luck.

I'm now thinking of trying a pad to see if it helps.

So, if any of you know of a good & hopefully inexpensive way I can get some relief, please holler.

I have a '97 wing with the original seat and a Hartco sheepskin cover. Cover made an incredible difference. Butt never bothers me on long rides. Now if I could just get over the neck and shoulder pain....

Lots of options out there but you can look at http://www.buttbuffer.com/

Got one for the wife and she loves it, I don't need one because of the Zeppelin seat on our Tri but she was still uncomfortable even with the air adjustment. Her's is a medium pad with black sheepskin on it.

Was thinking about getting a buttbuffer but maybe get one for the truck and use it for everything...trike, tractor, truck....Do you really think it is better than the Air type?

Custom built comfort is expensive and time consuming. For the little woman and I it paid off in spades. We had Russell Saddles produce a dual saddle for our individual weight and leg length. A picture of us sitting on the trike was also emailed. The time is spent sending an original seat pan to the factory. His seats are so popular it takes two month to get yours. I have had experience with his products in the past.

seat.jpg

Custom built comfort is expensive and time consuming. For the little woman and I it paid off in spades. We had Russell Saddles produce a dual saddle for our individual weight and leg length. A picture of us sitting on the trike was also emailed. The time is spent sending an original seat pan to the factory. His seats are so popular it takes two month to get yours. I have had experience with his products in the past.

View attachment 36603

I agree 100%! I have had 2 Russell's. A Diamond, Hartco, Corbin can't hold a match to them. Comfort in a custom seat costs.

You will not find a unhappy RDL owner.

But if $$$ is an issue the Airhawk is the next best thing.

Found a nice looking Diamond in Florida. Owner wants $175 & $67 to ship it to me in Ga.

Guess that's a fair price, but then I'd have to buy a GL1500 passenger backrest for the diamond to fit over.

Current seat is a Corbin..

Found a nice looking Diamond in Florida. Owner wants $175 & $67 to ship it to me in Ga.

Guess that's a fair price, but then I'd have to buy a GL1500 passenger backrest for the diamond to fit over.

Current seat is a Corbin..

IMHO you will be no happier with the Diamond than the Corbin. Its been my experience that there both hard as a rock. If an Airhawk is out. Bite the bullet & get a Russell Day Long. Your Butt problems will be over.

Jim, I have a similar problem so I bought an Air Hawk which help some. The first day of a trip I'm good for about 6 hrs. Next day maybe 4 hrs then I'm hangin one butt cheek or the other off one side of the saddle or the other. Never had this problem when I was younger, think it just comes with age. Anybody else feel that way? Also I suspect in my case it might be from diminished blood flow to the gluteous maximus.

PC

My wife and I just arrived home (East China Mi) from Morgantown West Virginia, (Inzane 16) Valkyrie Riders Cruisers Club annual meet. This is my second time in attendance. Both of my trips were on Corbin seats. Please know, I'm not trying to slam any seat company but both of the seats I've had were way too firm for me. It may be due to the age of the seats (leather & foam) but the first time I rode to Ashville North Carolina, I had the beginnings of bed sore type spots on my can. On that first trip, I purchased an Ultimate Seat set. My ride home was much better on the Ultimate Seat. Like they say "There's a seat for every butt".... Mine happens to be an Ultimate!

After church then reading the paper Ma and I went for a short ride, maybe 2 1/2 hrs. Half way into that ride I was squirming in the seat so I guess the Air Hawk isn't the solution I thought it was. Ma sits on her rear perch of the Tglide and I don't feel her move around at all so it must just be me. How can you tell which seat will be comfortable for hours by just sitting on it for a few minutes?

Phu Cat

You need to get to a dealer and demo the different seats, our shop let us go for a couple of hours to try the different ones out.

Three words Russell Day Long. Expensive but if your planning to keep your bike for years.......Lets just say what price tag can you going to put on all day comfort.

I had one on my 95 Goldwing for 80.000 miles & never let me down. And one on a 650 Burgman for 40.000 when the bike was totaled. Both were good for the day long travel.
That said,
I've mentioned that the Diamond I had on my 78 wing was hard as a rock after 50 miles I sent it out to Seth Laam seats. Seth used to work for the founders of RDL I opted to try his seats as I just want to ride comfortably. My 78 is more of a novelty bike than an all day tourer. Seth is a bit cheaper than RDL.

Sat on my first Corbin in 1996 or so, in 1997 I ordered one for my '85 GL1200A .... put a Corbin on the GL1500 Trike then last year ..... Love them Corbins! They just "work". They maybe feel hard, but by golly ..... they work .

The one on my '85 that's 20 years old looks near new still.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michigander
Back