I have a mechanic to look after my trike. Hurray..

May 28, 2023
X
After reading that some folks found that their Honda dealer wouldn’t touch their bike after it was converted to a trike I began to worry I may face the same issue. While in town I visited the local Honda/Harley dealer and went straight to the Service Manager and asked if they would look after my trike. I mentioned that some refused to work on them after the conversion and his first response was customers should report them directly to Honda. Motosport is our local dealer and they will not only look after the Honda part they also look after the trike part too. He told me they have a trike expert and one of the top Wing mechanics in the country and they will do it all. I was so relieved. Motosport is huge. They have dozens and dozens of bikes and trikes in the showroom. The staff is friendly and helpful, at least they were with me. If you want Honda parts they order them but have Harley in stock… I won’t mention why. Fear I’ll hit another nerve. But now I’m so relieved.

My main issue was wanting the air filter checked/changed and they showed me how to scope it. So as I have a scope today when I got home I also scoped my air cleaner down the intake tubes… pink and fairly clean. One more thing I don’t need yet. What a good day. I had to share.

After reading that some folks found that their Honda dealer wouldn’t touch their bike after it was converted to a trike I began to worry I may face the same issue. While in town I visited the local Honda/Harley dealer and went straight to the Service Manager and asked if they would look after my trike. I mentioned that some refused to work on them after the conversion and his first response was customers should report them directly to Honda. Motosport is our local dealer and they will not only look after the Honda part they also look after the trike part too. He told me they have a trike expert and one of the top Wing mechanics in the country and they will do it all. I was so relieved. Motosport is huge. They have dozens and dozens of bikes and trikes in the showroom. The staff is friendly and helpful, at least they were with me. If you want Honda parts they order them but have Harley in stock… I won’t mention why. Fear I’ll hit another nerve. But now I’m so relieved.

My main issue was wanting the air filter checked/changed and they showed me how to scope it. So as I have a scope today when I got home I also scoped my air cleaner down the intake tubes… pink and fairly clean. One more thing I don’t need yet. What a good day. I had to share.

Happy to hear that he is willing to work on it. This seems to be a dealer that wants the customer's business.

Good to hear...

The thing I really don't get is things like an air filter, oil changes and most general maintenance are the exact same process if it's a trike or a 2-wheeler.

Glad I'm able to do all this work myself......I may even tackle the valves myself, we'll see when the time comes.

I did them on my 2001......2018+ is a little harder though.

Good to hear...

The thing I really don't get is things like an air filter, oil changes and most general maintenance are the exact same process if it's a trike or a 2-wheeler.

Glad I'm able to do all this work myself......I may even tackle the valves myself, we'll see when the time comes.

I did them on my 2001......2018+ is a little harder though.

Trikes take up more room than a two wheeler..And moving them around a shop is way harder than a two wheeler…Also the shop would need at least one trike lift…And that takes up space… Most shops are not as large as you might think…Also if they have to remove the body for any reason..Where do they keep the body so as Joe the wrench guy doesn’t sit on it at lunch break and spill mayonnaise on the seat..?

After reading that some folks found that their Honda dealer wouldn’t touch their bike after it was converted to a trike I began to worry I may face the same issue.

But now I’m so relieved.

That's awesume. Good GW mechanics are hard to find, and one that works on the trike half to is a bonus.

Trikes take up more room than a two wheeler..And moving them around a shop is way harder than a two wheeler…Also the shop would need at least one trike lift…And that takes up space… Most shops are not as large as you might think…Also if they have to remove the body for any reason..Where do they keep the body so as Joe the wrench guy doesn’t sit on it at lunch break and spill mayonnaise on the seat..?

I once brought my trike to the dealership that did the conversion. I forget why it was there but they removed the lid for the top storage compartment and it sat on the ground and got scratched to shite. Of course they denied it was their fault but I pointed out that the cover was laying on the ground when I got there. No drop cloth nothing. They said they'd give me a new one. Well, that turned out to be an old cover that looked like they spray painted from a can. I had them put the old one back on scratches and all but I learned a valuable lesson. Never ever, ever go back there again.

I once brought my trike to the dealership that did the conversion. I forget why it was there but they removed the lid for the top storage compartment and it sat on the ground and got scratched to shite. Of course they denied it was their fault but I pointed out that the cover was laying on the ground when I got there. No drop cloth nothing. They said they'd give me a new one. Well, that turned out to be an old cover that looked like they spray painted from a can. I had them put the old one back on scratches and all but I learned a valuable lesson. Never ever, ever go back there again.

Brian, was this dealership, by any chance in Keene NH????

Ronnie

6/30/23

I bought a used 04 Goldwing years ago, that had a "Tow-pak" kit installed on it. I needed a rear tire on it. So, I bought the tire on E-Bay. I took it to the local Honda dealership to see if they would install the tire. Not only did they install the tire. but they also repaired a recall on the rear brakes. I have a 2022 Harley Tri-Glide now. It's been having a lot of code issues, since I bought it. Been to 4 different dealerships. It seems, that nobody know how to fix it. If it isn't fixed this last visit to the dealership. I'm thinking of buy a Goldwing Trike. Really tired of the bad service I've been getting from Harley.

I bought a used 04 Goldwing years ago, that had a "Tow-pak" kit installed on it. I needed a rear tire on it. So, I bought the tire on E-Bay. I took it to the local Honda dealership to see if they would install the tire. Not only did they install the tire. but they also repaired a recall on the rear brakes. I have a 2022 Harley Tri-Glide now. It's been having a lot of code issues, since I bought it. Been to 4 different dealerships. It seems, that nobody know how to fix it. If it isn't fixed this last visit to the dealership. I'm thinking of buy a Goldwing Trike. Really tired of the bad service I've been getting from Harley.

Hey - sorry to hear about your code issues. What codes are coming up - and what is the dealer telling you.

From my experience, those codes are easily determined and fixed. I have a 2021 - and have had a few codes. All were because I did something. As an example, my wife accidently left my lights on and drained the battery. I recharged it - but when the bike started, it gave me a code. Code showed a battery drain.

So, share your code experiences - perhaps some here can help.

Hey - sorry to hear about your code issues. What codes are coming up - and what is the dealer telling you.

From my experience, those codes are easily determined and fixed. I have a 2021 - and have had a few codes. All were because I did something. As an example, my wife accidently left my lights on and drained the battery. I recharged it - but when the bike started, it gave me a code. Code showed a battery drain.

So, share your code experiences - perhaps some here can help.

Donald, he has another thread with the code problems

The dealer is stumped trying to figure his problems out

They have tried quite a few times to remedy his problems, all related to a ECM/ BCM problem, I think it is a bad ground or a bad ignition switch, he is going back 1 more time to have it checked out

Donald, he has another thread with the code problems

The dealer is stumped trying to figure his problems out

They have tried quite a few times to remedy his problems, all related to a ECM/ BCM problem, I think it is a bad ground or a bad ignition switch, he is going back 1 more time to have it checked out

Thank you Sir - I didn't see the other thread. Will try to find it and see if I am aware of any of those.

Found his post. He said he took it in on July 1st and they found a bad ground to the frame. Hopefully he will share if that fixed the problem.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yantwohands

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yantwohands
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png