I just can't decide >>.. Help please.....

I can see we are getting off message a little here.....I was debating Harley Tri Glide, or G.W with CSC conversion. I will let you know what I have decided. This is based on my own circumstance's and no body elses. First I will say I own a H.D Street glide and very much like it. This was a tough decision, and I also had to have my wife's input in my final decision. Well I chose the Honda 2015 Gold Wing 1800 Annivarsary edition with a new CSC conversion. Here are my reasons: From what I have researched , The wing will hold up better, less maintenance, more comfortable especially for the wife, easier to ride with the ez steer and IRS. I'm not a tech. guy that likes to work on bikes. So knowing the wing should hold up better i chose it.

It also has a warranty till nov, 2018. The CSC now has a warranty for 5 years. As far as having a dealer network that can work on my bike if need be, I have the CSC dealer, and several Honda dealers both about 15 minutes from me. Iv'e talked to all of them and I won't get the song and dance....they both would be happy to take care of any issues that might arise. Also everyone that I talked to about the G.W, even all the H.D Dealers I went to all had positive thing to say about the G.W. I am not bashing H.D. at all. Like I said i was always happy with the harleys I have owned, but you have to stay on top of them, service ect. I'm getting older now, so budget is a factor. Gw.

say service every 8,000 compared to Harley every 5,000. G.w also take reg. gas. Not a deal breaker but a possitive in my mind. Both trikes are great bikes, but one must choose which one is right for you.

Ride safe ThumbUp

Keith

Man you will enjoy the Ride ! There is nothing wrong with GoldWings ......! Wife got a million mile warranty with her CSC .... Now for all those Chrome gadgets to buy. : ). Enjoy ��

I normally agree with most everything you post, but I have to say over the last 7 years of owning a HD Champion conversion and a TRI putting roughly 80k miles on them, my experience at HD dealers has been nothing but great. The 4 years on the 07 road king with a conversion I had a throttle body position switch go out, spark plug wires wear out, a stator replaced and one, on the road service. The 3 years so far with the TRI I have had a battery replaced. All on the road and I was taken care of by the dealer right away. MY TRI just had to have the front head replaced because the mount bolt broke off in the head. Fixed by my local dealer in 6 CALENDAR days and they had to order the head. The dealers that provided the service were in Georgia, Arizona, California, and Virginia. My home dealer is in Miami. Never a we are really busy and most were, just we will fix it. Maybe I am a rarity in my experience.

Although I have had many other brand bikes over the years I have only on the road experience with the HD.

Then,I did a poor job of articulating my point and you did a great job,Gorilla. Here on this site,I constantly see many TG riders bash conversions. It wouldn't be so annoying if most of them had any clue what they were talking about but hey,let's don't let facts get in the way of a good conversation. You and I both know most,not all,Harley dealers will do what they can to help if we have problems on the road. We're riding a Harley,right,and it's comprised of Harley parts. If the problem is our Hannigan or Champion rear suspension,do I honestly expect a H-D dealer to jump right on it and try to fix the problem? Of course not,though I would certainly appreciate it if they did try. If it's something unrelated to the conversion,I would expect them to help solve the problem. Our trike is a Harley and they sell and service Harley Davidsons. This notion that just because someone rides a Harley trike conversion and that most H-D dealers won't touch them, is false and counter-productive.

Keith,my apologies for derailing the thread.

Glad to hear you have decided on your new ride.

You should be very happy with your choice. In you get right down to it most items that come up for repair deal with the main unit be it a Harley or a Honda. The conversion part is normally almost bullet proof. Change the brake pads is about it. Ride safe.

You should be very happy with your choice. In you get right down to it most items that come up for repair deal with the main unit be it a Harley or a Honda. The conversion part is normally almost bullet proof. Change the brake pads is about it. Ride safe.

Dodds Trikes where I bought it from use's the upgraded brakes with the CSC Kit. ThumbUp

Thought I'd post a pic.. He just completed the conversion, and the sun was going down, kinda hard to see. He will be adding a few more accessories.

<div class="size_fullsize]IMG950102.jpg[/LEFT]

Dodds Trikes where I bought it from use's the upgraded brakes with the CSC Kit. ThumbUp

Thought I'd post a pic.. He just completed the conversion, and the sun was going down, kinda hard to see. He will be adding a few more accessories.
View attachment 38494

Are you going to Haleyville Al to get it or are they shipping it out here? Love the color..looks nice from what I can see.

I think you made the right call for you. I owned 2 two wheelers both for a while, Honda and HD. Had to sell my Honda, cost to much to maintain both. Then I went down on my Harley and insurance totaled it out. Thats when I started looking at the trikes. I figure if I go down (and live) on my GW trike its time for me to stop riding. Like you, age was a factor. As much as I enjoyed my HD it was getting hard to stand up and backup, heritage classics are heavy bikes. I love my GW trike and really enjoy riding it. My Honda dealership doesn't have any problem servicing the trike.

Your trike is fairly new so for now just enjoy riding it and don't worry about the maintainance part .

View attachment 38494

Dodd done wife's conversion !! Steve is a great guy to deal with. ! His Dad not so much , Steve will give you his cell number and when you have questions he will help you !!!

How did it turn out ? Any problems with the conversion ? How long ago did he do it?
Thanks ;)

It took 3 weeks .. The Red paint from honda was back ordered. But was 1 week later than promised. But he did warn me on the U S Paint shipping before hand .The transformation turned out great. Bad points are. The trunk leaks Steve told me how to fix it. But it still leaks. We keep it garaged.
But when we were in North Carolina last week. Ever thing in trunk was soaked ....
But it was a torrential rain on the blue ridge parkway ... It don't leak when being washed ..

I don't like the exhaust. I didn't know when we done the conversion the factory mufflers couldn't be used ... Exhaust is louder than we like.... I would use Dodds again !!

We had it done last year !

Last edited:
It took 3 weeks .. The Red paint from honda was back ordered. But was 1 week later than promised. But he did warn me on the U S Paint shipping before hand .The transformation turned out great. Bad points are. The trunk leaks Steve told me how to fix it. But it still leaks. We keep it garaged.
But when we were in North Carolina last week. Ever thing in trunk was soaked ....
But it was a torrential rain on the blue ridge parkway ... It don't leak when being washed ..

I don't like the exhaust. I didn't know when we done the conversion the factory mufflers couldn't be used ... Exhaust is louder than we like.... I would use Dodds again !!

We had it done last year !

Thanks for the feed back ! I actually like a little louder exhaust, so that will work for me...
Thanks,
Keith

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png