It isn't over until the fat lady sings

Douglas44

100+ Posts
Apr 2, 2019
Lewisville
Well today the fat lady sang.

I joined this great forum for info , humor and guidance in my quest to ride again after a stroke.

I received all, and more from you folks, for that I am grateful.

Had to accept the fact of my limitations today, and it makes me sad. But as they say it could always be worse.

I went to the local Harley store today to look at trikes. They were very friendly and helpful.

Try as I might, I was not able to use my legs to get on or off without help.

Add that into the fact's clearly laid out for me from my most recent MRI .

My spine compression has accelerated and the disc's are failing at a rapid rate.

Surgery is an option , but after the last one I am not interested, and the doctors are not recommending that I go that route.

As Clint Eastwood said " a man's got to know his limitations"

Douglas44 ; OUT

I joined this great forum for info , humor and guidance in my quest to ride again after a stroke.

Had to accept the fact of my limitations today, and it makes me sad. But as they say it could always be worse.

I went to the local Harley store today to look at trikes. They were very friendly and helpful.

My spine compression has accelerated and the disc's are failing at a rapid rate.

Surgery is an option , but after the last one I am not interested, and the doctors are not recommending that I go that route.

Douglas44 ; OUT

Doug........Sorry to hear, But stay in touch with us at Trike-Talk ....You don't have to ride to join in with the fun group we have here....Stay Strong ,,:pray:.....

Douglas44 ; OUT

Sorry to hear your news. It can be a difficult pill to take. Please remember this, the folk that make up this forum understand. Do not be a stranger come back often. Yes riding is a large part to motorcycling the other is the people, friendships, stories and memories.

Take care of yourself my brother and God Bless!

Robert

Well that's some sad news. I have always thought a trike would be how I could stay riding. I have the same spine compression thing going on and the experts all say to wait until I hit the ground before trying to fix things. The chances are not that great or at least were not that great 5 years ago, for me to even be able to walk after. It was like a 20% that they could fix things. That's not great odds.

Have you also checked a Spyder out? We(wife) just bought an F3 and added something called a missing mid peg or something like that and she only has to lift her foot just a little to get over the seat. I'm assuming that's your problem. Might be worth checking out if you haven't already.

No matter what, don't be a stranger. The site is made up of its members not their rides. Always keep that in mind. It's the people. Good luck at any rate. I do hope you have better luck with your back than I do.

BTW, I thought this thread was about Kate Smith singing. I heard something about that happening somewhere but don't have any details about it. That's why I clicked on the thread in the first place. So you got me there.:)

Don't feel alone. The eyesight is going - right one had the retina detach and the left one has a rather large floater that obstructs my vision now and again for brief periods. And, a hip problem makes it increasingly difficult to get on and off the Prowler and into and out of the Stallion. Wife and I have already discussed selling the scooters and going to the cages. Hate the idea, but having already had one darn serious accident which messed me up more than little bit, safety has became an issue, especially when the wife is aboard. Still, I would remain a constant visitor to this site.

Douglas44 ; OUT

Douglas,

You joined for all the right reasons. I hope you will hang around, enjoy the fun and fellowship and add to the conversations.

Randy

Absolutely hang around Douglas. It ain't just about the rides it's about the comraderie. Lots of great folks here on the forum. Thanks to Zook for the best trike forum bar none.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffHenk

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffHenk
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png