LED Tail lights

I've tried the Search and either I'm the stupid guy - The search function doesn't like me, or there are no threads pertaining.

That said - I'd like to change the Bulb based tail lights. I thought there where units that either where direct plug in, or 3 wire sets that need to be wired in. My problem I can't find any out there. I'd like to not have to buy a $300 light with lens and all - Any Suggestions?

2015 TriGlide

Thanks - jc

I been lookin to. most sites want to sell the complete light for $$$$$. All I want is the light bulbs.
Electrical connection should be a good site but I can't find what I am lookin for.

Led tailights

I was in the same situation for a long time and after much research I finally settled on slope back Radiandez (sp?).
My friend bought the Bad Ass LEDs and while his are adjustable (mine are not) he paid well over $400 (HD's are also over $400) I paid $180 and they just plug in...... VERY VERY BRIGHT.
:Dorag:

I don't understand your problem. Just Google 1157 led or led auto light bulbs. Or go to Walmart and look at them or any auto supply house. Type 1157 led into the search box upper right corner of this page and you can read for hours.

Radiantz sells some 1157 direct plug-in bulbs that are much larger and (presumably) brighter than the usual auto-parts-store 1157 LEDs, for $30 each. Available direct or from Amazon. I ordered a pair a couple of days ago, after seeing Pete's ("Peter A.") new Radiantz taillights and am awaiting delivery. The auto-parts-store 1157 LEDs I have now work fine and are at least as bright as the original incandescent 1157s, but still not as bright as I would like.

I don't understand your problem. Just Google 1157 led or led auto light bulbs. Or go to Walmart and look at them or any auto supply house. Type 1157 led into the search box upper right corner of this page and you can read for hours.

LOL - I appreciate the heads up....but your delivery isn't exactly....thanks. Never occurred to me to type in 1157....

Okay ... I still don't understand all I know about the can bus on the Rushmore's ... can ya just swap out bulbs? ... I've been told to be really careful with the electrical. Me and 'tricity just don't get along.

Bulbs

1157 is the older style bulb (insert n twist)
3157 are the new bulbs that are used now ( I believe are 'wedge' base) just insert in socket.

Lets see how 'Jackthemachinest' makes out on his quest.

By replacing the entire lens unit with the built in circuit board (as I did) it was a simple plug n play - works great - just cost more!
Sorry I don't know much about the new 'bus boards'.
:)

1157 is the older style bulb (insert n twist)
3157 are the new bulbs that are used now ( I believe are 'wedge' base) just insert in socket.

Lets see how 'Jackthemachinest' makes out on his quest.

By replacing the entire lens unit with the built in circuit board (as I did) it was a simple plug n play - works great - just cost more!
Sorry I don't know much about the new 'bus boards'.
:)

There in lies the problem. I can't seem to get a real answer on needing a load equalizer. I know the bulb will just be a plug and play, just don't know if I will then have all the "Fast" flash issues. I hate being in the dark....so to speak

There in lies the problem. I can't seem to get a real answer on needing a load equalizer. I know the bulb will just be a plug and play, just don't know if I will then have all the "Fast" flash issues. I hate being in the dark....so to speak

Load equalizers are not needed. You just replace the flasher with an electronic unit. $10-$15.

That's not gonna work on a Harley if it has a security system ... since it's built into the flasher ... on non can bus the load equalizer is the fix ... just don't know about the can bus.

SO.....I've come up with the solution! Purchased the Radiantz {With Flasher} thru my dealer....they have assured me that they will be plug and play on the newer {Smarter?} systems from 14 on up. They are so sure that if by chance they cause a problem, they will fix it on their dime! I'll give you all an update next week!!

jc

SO.....I've come up with the solution! Purchased the Radiantz {With Flasher} thru my dealer....they have assured me that they will be plug and play on the newer {Smarter?} systems from 14 on up. They are so sure that if by chance they cause a problem, they will fix it on their dime! I'll give you all an update next week!!

jc

If it's not you can blame them ... :D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png