Mounting a Trike

...I tried to mount one once..... and burnt my nards on the exhaust!pepper

For 2 days, I have been trying to come up with a clever response to this one, and I cant produce anything that will not get me in trouble and kicked off the forum. There are so many possibilities that it overloads the brain!! :)

For 2 days, I have been trying to come up with a clever response to this one, and I cant produce anything that will not get me in trouble and kicked off the forum. There are so many possibilities that it overloads the brain!! :)

...glad I could stimulate your cerebral processes......as for getting kicked off...how bad would that be......show some nards trentmeister...........pepper:D

Anyone still interested, nice utube video on this. Look up getting on a motorcycle trike. Should be on first page. I've posted elsewhere in the forum but again for anyone wanting to ck it out.
cooltech:cool:

I ride a Trike due to limited leg/hip movement. I mount from by grabbing my left pant leg and swinging it over the seat, then slide onto the Trike. I have to push myself up onto the passenger seat in order to swing myself off. I would love to use a back rest, but this mount/dismount technique just will not allow it.

Good tip. I can get my leg high enough, grabbing the left bar give it the old heave ho. However, having had both hips replaced, not sure how long that will work. So maybe down the road I'll have to do the pant leg trick. Really don't want to start dragging the right foot over the seat.....

I have to use this technique because the "aqua-shields" won't let me get closer. If I try to use the pegs...I'm too close!! Can't win, but what ever I gotta do...I'll try to get on and ride.

After watching this video, when I think of it, I do get onto my trike this same way and find it is much easier to lift my right leg over that way. But my trike has very large passenger floorboards which make the step much easier.

My wife puts her left foot on the left passenger foot board.
Sits on the passenger seat and swings her right leg over the seat to the right foot board.
I then lift my right leg over the seat, sit down and put right foot on right foot peg, put left foot on left foot peg.
Start engine and ride :Trike1:

I've been standing on the left floorboard, grab the handlebars, stand straight up and swing the right leg over the seat. The wife does the same except she holds onto me when swinging her right leg over. Worked well so far. I figure as we age; might have to put a block and tackle on the garage ceiling beam and pull myself on.....later on might have to put a motor on the block and tackle though.....lol

Viewed 41,000 times... A lot of the Harley dealers are using it as a demo so I was told.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png