Mounting a Trike

I jump and then slide onto the seat and lift right knee to my chin and lift leg over the tank then reach down and put both feet onto the floorboards. try that one. ( Im a paraplegic)

At the end of the video she said it was better to hit any obstruction on the road with the front tire, not the rear. Anybody know why?

Rear wheel contact only could launch the object and cause injury and lose of control of the bike. Training courses recomend slow 'till your at the object and gently accelerate over it with the front wheel. Same with the rear wheels now but keep in mind length size of the object may be a concern.
Ride carefully.
cooltech:cool:

Just looked at this old thread and tried the method in the video link that Nana posted. What a difference it makes.

Due to limited mobility, I sometimes have trouble with mount and dismount on my trike. Especially after a long day of riding I can barely get off the trike. Forget about getting back in the saddle after refueling or a quick rest stop.

Thank you, thank you! :D :clapping:

I started doing this method ... It does work ... my problem is getting off the thing I tend to put my foot on the seat ... doing this method eliminates that.

As a side note ... ya look like you know what your doing if ya do this ... not so much when your "lifting" your right leg with your right hand.:blush:

I tried to do the pants grab and jerk thing but was wearing an old pair of pants and ripped them right off me just like a Chippendales dancer. Luckily the wife had bail money and I am now free at last, free at last. Of course I got banned from the Wal Mart. Not sure if it was each one or just the one in Columbia SC.

Seriously, I use John's method , especially when fatigued. It has kept boots off the tank or side covers or the wifes shins which really sends her into orbit when I do that.

Steve

I'm glad you re-booted this thread. I got our trike a year ago and have been struggling all year figuring a way to get on and off of it. I'm not very athletic and cannot lift my leg enough to step over the seat so I have been lifting my leg by the trouser cuff to get it over the seat. Some other methods had me kicking the fenders or scuffing the seat or worse getting a cramp in my leg. This method works great and is so simple and now I look like I know what I am doing. Thanks.

Just watched the video. If I had that sort of movement at my hips, I would not be riding a trike. I am riding a trike because I do not have the mobility to lift my leg over a bike seat. I get on my trike by stepping on the rider's footpeg then physically lifting my right leg over the seat.

Ditto... that how I get on our trike too.

Morning all. Since I bought a trike back in 2014 for some reason it came natural to step on the rider floor board with my left leg and put my left leg over it. I'm pretty sure this isn't going to help you. BUT it might make it easier for some. I'm 5"10 or was at one time :D. But that works for me. :).......Rick

mounting a trike

They do make a mid step for the Harley trikes. I saw it on this forum

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png