Natchez Trace

Jan 5, 2014
Jackson, MS, USA
I ride on the Natchez Trace a lot. The speed limit on the Trace is 50 at best and the speeding fines are pretty steep. What speed do those of you that use the Trace ride at?

I agree. My wife and I was on it and we had no place to go and no time to get there. Just need to be careful about gas stops at times. We enjoyed it.

We rode the trace a couple of years ago and just took our time and enjoyed the scenery. I don't remember seeing any patrol but I think the trace is a federal regulated highway so the fines will be high. Just set back and take your time and make several stops along the way. Enjoy your ride and ride safe!ThumbUp

ThumbUpThumbUp,,,One of my favorite places to ride ,,mainly the speed limit ( or close ) but I have been passed a lot . Like to ride a little faster than the deer !!!:D

I ride on the Natchez Trace a lot. The speed limit on the Trace is 50 at best and the speeding fines are pretty steep. What speed do those of you that use the Trace ride at?

I use the trace between Houston and Tupelo a lot, haft to watch not to get run over. people think it's race track .I stay close to the speed limit between 50 to 53.

Thanks for the responses. I keep my speed between 50 - 55. The reason I asked this question is because I see a lot of groups on the trace. When they go by me it seems like they are going much faster that 55. Maybe that's because the group just seems to be going faster. I was just curious how fast you vets go.

The speed limit or less. I ride for enjoyment. If I am in a hurry to get somewhere I take the cage, you can make much better time in a cage (don't have to stop as much). I like to ride the back roads and stay off the big ones. I never understood why you want to get on the bike and ride so fast you can't enjoy it, I know to some speed is the fun but not to me. Love to ride the Trace and the Blue Ridge Parkway.

The speed limit or less. I ride for enjoyment. If I am in a hurry to get somewhere I take the cage, you can make much better time in a cage (don't have to stop as much). I like to ride the back roads and stay off the big ones. I never understood why you want to get on the bike and ride so fast you can't enjoy it, I know to some speed is the fun but not to me. Love to ride the Trace and the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Let's not forget the Skyline drive

ThumbUp I agree and while we're on the Skyline who's rode the Dragon on their trike ? I've done it on bikes but afraid I would hold up traffic on my trike . :D:D

On the upper Tennessee end of the Trace, there is very little Speed Controlling from where Hwy 50 intersects, south to Lawrenceburg, Tn.....not to imply that You "can't" get a ticket, but "Terry" controls from Hwy 100 (start) to Hwy 50 diligently....."very seldom" past there...I ride the Trace a lot on Trikes, Motorcycles, Scooters, Convertibles, and Bicycles......Great Place to ride to "Smell the Roses".....ThumbUp

We rode the Trace a couple of years ago. It seemed like we were the only vehicle on the road. My wife looker over my shoulder and said your going 70. I really had a problem trying to ride near the speed limit. Great ride. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lavinia

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lavinia
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png