Oil from trans to primary......

Stonecold is his name

The only thing I see wrong here is now you have altered your bike. If HD does come out with a real fix you may not be covered having altered your bike

Yep, Thats what they told me....Non-authorized part...Also i read Stonecolds post/fix..

And it is a lot to digest , So i might be wrong 'But i don't think anyone has driven more than 5k using his fix..:Shrug:

Stonecold is his name

The only thing I see wrong here is now you have altered your bike. If HD does come out with a real fix you may not be covered having altered your bike

Exactly. I just hope HD has a real fix before my warrantee runs out.

Funny thing. I just got a call from the sales people at Black Hills HD (where I bought mine) telling me how many Trike they will have for sale at the Rally this year. HAHA. As if I'm going to buy another headache.

Fix

Frank i have contacted a lemon law attorney [schonos@lemonlaw.com] and they will be sending me a packed with forms to fill out.....Win or lose there is no charge .....

There could be one of four scenarios....

1] Full purchase price back...

2] Up grade to a new Trike.....

3] Finally fix it...With money back money back for a Trike with a repair record...

4] Thats to be seen....??

Re #2 - WHY would someone upgrade to ANOTHER problem trike????????

:xzqxz::gah::gah:

Exactly. I just hope HD has a real fix before my warrantee runs out.

Funny thing. I just got a call from the sales people at Black Hills HD (where I bought mine) telling me how many Trike they will have for sale at the Rally this year. HAHA. As if I'm going to buy another headache.

Jerry, When you get to the rally, Nonchalantly ask them if they ever heard of the oil migration ......Bet i know what they will say; Never heard a thing about it..:Shrug:

NO..Was the answer , you might bind up the cluch ...??

I dunno, My guess is the clutch may slip, harder to find neutral, The clutch is wet but not to be drowned in fluid

So it is alright to ride the bike with low fluid in the tranny but over full primary is ok? Sheeeeez, can it get any more convoluted than this? Whilst HD spins this as they all do it and is normal, why has this not been reported with earnest til now and HD knows their fix does not work, they are putting a band aid on a broken leg and hoping the public will accept it and remain loyal, NAH I aint drinkin the Kool Aid

What ever happened to the owners manual ( I Am para phrasing here) to protect your investment {read IE make sure your fluids are up} before riding

Looks like HD will be having to re write new owners manuals for future sales?

Reactions: MDO
They need to look at 2 bikes that don't do it & compare them to 2 bikes that do. I'm glad I'm a non-migrater(for now), but the other forum says any bike/trike will do it if ridden at high RPM's. I am now really glad I initially chose to run

Lucas High Performance 20W-50 motorcycle oil in all 3 holes.:clapping:

I'm not changing brands now. I want to stay a non-migrater. ;)

Hey Jack, is it time for another oil thread?

Hey Jack, is it time for another oil thread?

Humor me:p

Harley cannot make up its mind, first 20-50 dino oil is OK, next Syn3 is OK, BUT wait, now Formula + is OK for up to 20K HMMMMM my owners manual does not say that

I dunno, My guess is the clutch may slip, harder to find neutral, The clutch is wet but not to be drowned in fluid

So it is alright to ride the bike with low fluid in the tranny but over full primary is ok? Sheeeeez, can it get any more convoluted than this? Whilst HD spins this as they all do it and is normal, why has this not been reported with earnest til now and HD knows their fix does not work, they are putting a band aid on a broken leg and hoping the public will accept it and remain loyal, NAH I aint drinkin the Kool Aid

What ever happened to the owners manual ( I Am para phrasing here) to protect your investment {read IE make sure your fluids are up} before riding

Looks like HD will be having to re write new owners manuals for future sales?

This for what its worth......If you keep on adding to the trans then it will bind up the cluch , Happened to one member here , Wish i could remember their name..

This for what its worth......If you keep on adding to the trans then it will bind up the cluch , Happened to one member here , Wish i could remember their name..

If mine ever does start to transfer and I will know ahead of time I hope my clutch and tranny both blow up, I may help that a long a bit:p

Humor me:p

Harley cannot make up its mind, first 20-50 dino oil is OK, next Syn3 is OK, BUT wait, now Formula + is OK for up to 20K HMMMMM my owners manual does not say that

Actually, I'm saving my Lucas for the engine. At my 10,000 mile service, I'm putting in the Quicksilver 20W-50 I got from Walmart for $4 a quart in my transmission & differential.

I have you to thank for telling me about that.:cool:

Actually, I'm saving my Lucas for the engine. At my 10,000 mile service, I'm putting in the Quicksilver 20W-50 I got from Walmart for $4 a quart in my transmission & differential.

I have you to thank for telling me about that.:cool:

I think your trike will like it

I changed my 15 over @ 1k miles

My M8 got changed @ the same mileage, both trikes appear to like this oil

I do not get the valve train clatter like Mobil1 oil does;)

i just dropped my trike at the dealer after putting on the requested 1000 miles to test out the transmission oil. they all confirmed that the oil was low. I was expecting the run around about my problem but was told they would order the repair parts from Harley and would call when the repair was complete.

i just dropped my trike at the dealer after putting on the requested 1000 miles to test out the transmission oil. they all confirmed that the oil was low. I was expecting the run around about my problem but was told they would order the repair parts from Harley and would call when the repair was complete.

Good Luck Gary, please post what parts they are using on yours;)

I'm not sure if anyone here has read the article on the HDFORUM or not. But very interesting. It's called "the fix is in" A guy made a shaft nut alteration and installed a seal basically. Long, but worth the read. If Harley doesn't do this, than they don't want to fix it. He sells the mod's for $190.00. Includes the altered nut, the seal, and milled case. You have to send your case back to him. I think he has a good product. Will see if HD ever has a permanente fix or not.

So in the word case you mean the trans case.

I have followed that repair on the forum, no doubt it will probably be better than The MOCO, however we risk voiding our warranty using this fix JMO

I will wait til my extended warranty runs out or my tranny blows up:p

I have followed that repair on the forum, no doubt it will probably be better than The MOCO, however we risk voiding our warranty using this fix JMO

I will wait til my extended warranty runs out or my tranny blows up:p

I'm with you on that Jack. Hopefully Harley has a solid fix before the warrantee runs out. In my case, they have 1 year to find it. I think HD has been keeping a close eye on their discussion. He actually want's HD to use his fix.

I'm with you on that Jack. Hopefully Harley has a solid fix before the warrantee runs out. In my case, they have 1 year to find it. I think HD has been keeping a close eye on their discussion. He actually want's HD to use his fix.

Apparently this issue hasn't made it to the Western Colorado dealers. I asked the service manager, the parts manager and the sales manager .... told them all I was considering an 18 free but was afraid of this issue. Nada ... could be a good coverup.

Apparently this issue hasn't made it to the Western Colorado dealers. I asked the service manager, the parts manager and the sales manager .... told them all I was considering an 18 free but was afraid of this issue. Nada ... could be a good coverup.

Ask them about this Harley-Davidson Milwaukee Eight Transmission Fluid Leaking Into The Primary (TA0022)

This is an internal bulletin dealers have access to

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png