Ok here goes, My first trike build

Now I have been working on the trike for the past couple days and got a few things done. I completely redone the seat. And welded new brackets to help steady the fenders. Also been trying to finish up on the body work and sanding and priming. Got the rear lights installed, whew lots of work for cutting out the fender for the lights to fit right. after that was done made up a rear bumper and installed it, but got to pull it off to paint. got some pics to upload. Couple of questions for ya, does the rack look better on the body or does the trunk look better? And where do you think I sould mount the licence plate? Also that is the rims I am going to use. Just not sure what color I am going to paint them as the body will be Plum crazy purple.

Another thing to consider with running a flipped rear end. You won’t get oil flow to the pinion bearing and run the risk of burning it up due to being starved with oil. Look at this video and you will see what I mean. Fast forward it to about 10:20. I plan on drilling and tapping some fittings to duplicate the oil feed and drain. The video is a different rear but still the same principal. I’ll take some pics of mine when I do it.

14-Bolt Axle 101 / Low Dollar Wheeler Part 3 | Xtreme 4X4 | PowerBlockTV.com - Video

If I can get the pics loaded here, it will show where I am at now. sorry won't upload need to find a site to make them smaller.
If you're running Windows open them with Paint. Paint is included with Windows. If you don't have an icon look under Accessories in the Start menu.

Click on the Resize button. You can do it by percent or by pixels.

If you're not running Windows, but are running Linux try GIMP. You can download it here: GIMP - Downloads.

I don't know how to do it on a Mac.

well got it started today and it ran pretty good, but still have to sycn the carbs. can't ride it yet because in NY I have to get it inspected first. but thank you all for the good replies, I used to build and race my own stockcars, so I have a little experience in fabricating. But the bike into a trike was quite abit different. I also did things a little differently, I used parts and pieces from just about everything. Like a subaru starter and 358 modified flywheel for reverse on the trike, mustang 16 inch alum rims just to name a couple. Also I built my own body, as the fenders move with the rear end and body stays stationary. And yes I would do it again. This is for my wife and now she wants me to build one for myself.

Amazing. Love this thread.

Did you make the curvy body piece behind the side cover, beneath the fairing, and the outer edge of the fenders? Although I've never done it, I can imagine how you must have done the flat pieces like the trunk and fenders, but I can't imagine how you do curvy pieces.

BTW. I don't know how I could get it to you, but I have a fairing you might be able to use on your next project. It is a frame mounted fairing has radio and speakers. It is a Windjamer II . Set up now I believe for twin down tubes. Was on a Honda 550 1978. That would make a great trike BTW.

Bigblue the covers are made out of 3 pieces of metal bent and welded together and some body putty. the front ones on the fairing came with it, the ones on the fenders I made out of sheet metal. the issue with rear was taken care of by drilling two holes in the rear and putting a tube in to catch the oil and transfer it to the bearing.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png