Rain Gear Suggestions

Rain Gear??? We don't need no stinking rain gear

We live on the fringe of the Mojave Desert, average yearly rainfall here is about 9" Almost always comes from the North-West and we usually have 2 or 3 days notice before it rains Too many mountains for thunder showers out here. Soooo, rarely get caught in any rain. Last time was a year ago in Utah. Was kind of fun actually. Wife and I carry 'wet vests' to keep us cool in the summer.

Both of us have rain gear from the harley dealer and we love them!! I've had some cheaper gear and as stated before, "you get what you pay for!"....Highly recommend the genuine Harley gear!!

Both of us have rain gear from the harley dealer and we love them!! I've had some cheaper gear and as stated before, "you get what you pay for!"....Highly recommend the genuine Harley gear!!

Yep, we each have HD two-piece suits (they came with hoods but we don't use them) and stay completely dry (except for soggy gloves!) in the worst downpours! We rode 34 hours (two loooooong days) from Texas to Maggie Valley in the rain last June, and were not too uncomfortable. Even tho we ride a GW 1800 CSC now, we haven't found any rainsuits that keep us as dry as the HD grey and orange suits.

Bright, easy to see colors are important with rain suits, IMHO. The Harley orange shows up really well, as does the red and yellow paneled suits of other brands.

My experience has been that in rainy conditions (like my home state of Florida), visibility should be at the top of the list when making your choice. Some of the reflective piping and badging found on riding jackets and pants can also be had on rain gear. To be seen is to be safe (or safer, at least!). It can make a big difference. When road visibility goes south, I want to stick out like a sore thumb!

Yep, we each have HD two-piece suits (they came with hoods but we don't use them) and stay completely dry (except for soggy gloves!) in the worst downpours! We rode 34 hours (two loooooong days) from Texas to Maggie Valley in the rain last June, and were not too uncomfortable. Even tho we ride a GW 1800 CSC now, we haven't found any rainsuits that keep us as dry as the HD grey and orange suits.

Not to worry this year, you can leave your rain gear at home as it is not going to rain.:D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkile1
Back