Rear Tires

Not an expert,but that sounds like a problem. Never seen or heard of that happening before. I would get someone that knows about your kit to check that. GOOD LUCK

Something is out of alignment big time. IRS or Straight axle? I'm thinking IRS and something is not right on the side that is wearing out the tire.

On my 2006 GL1800 with a 2007 Lehman kit the right rear tire all the tread it about gone but the Left side looks like new is this about right for a Trike and do you rotate them from side to side

Not being familiar with your riding style, I would look at air pressure (20psi) and possible aggressive acceleration on right hand turns. Since right hand turns are tighter in this country it is easy to spin and wear the tire without ever hearing it chirp. Moving the tire to the left (rotation) will increase the life of your tire.

I have several customers that experience the same issue.

Some of it is the tire brand also. I had a set of Cooper's that at 27,000 the center of the right tire was half worn down. I replaced them with Michelin MXV tires and I almost have 63,000 and theyre both wearing evenly. I run 20-21 psi in the rears.

this is a solid axle I run 24 psi in the rear on both sides the wear is all a cross the tire not just in the center. Asked at the Place I had my brakes put on there a Hannigan dealer now they said it was the way the roads were here in Illinois. So should I run 20 psi that seems a little lite seeing how the tire is made to run 35 psi on a car, but if it help that what I will do

Over-inflation

The rear tires on your trike are made for a car that weighs 4,000 lbs. Maximum pressure is meant for those instances where the car's weight is approaching the tire's maximum capacity.

I have always suggested 20psi in rear tires since the trikes only weigh 1100-1200lbs. Tires inflated to 26psi show immediate wear in the center.

You could very well have a defective tire but your wear, the right rear, seems to indicate what I mentioned before. Your tire wear is dependent on your riding style, your air pressure, your suspension setting and your load. All of the fast wear in these tires have been from right side tires and not the left.

What are the odds that all defective tires find their way to the right side of a trike ???

Looking at tire sizes what is on mine is 205x70rx15 the spec. are 25.3x8.07x27.3 I am looking at a set of 205x75x15 that are 27.1x8.0x27.1 or a set of 215x70x15 that the spec. are 26.8 x8.43 x 27.3. I think that getting a little taller tire would help some and a little bigger side walk make it a smoother ride anyone else make this kind of change

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lavinia

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lavinia
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png