Reverse Motor

Do they charge 190 bucks to change rear brake pads like they do here in the Chicago area.??? It doesnt take a degree to change out brake pads

We have the same problem around here also. For some reason they think just because their a certified Harley Davidson master Technician their a mechanic all of a sudden, some are just parts changers with little to no troubleshooting skills.

Well they said they had reverse fixed and come get it. I get there (55 miles each way) and they tell me the part did not fix reverse and now it will not work at all. They say they have ordered a solenoid now and it should be in next week. You are right NO TROUBLE SHOOTING SKILLS AT ALL! I had told them when I brought it in that it was either the solenoid or brushes in the motor from how it was acting. Course I am just an ole fart (electrical engneer retired) and know nothing, so they ordered the clip that holds the gear onto the motor! Where do they find these rocket scientists. I am now writing a letter to the dealer and copy to H-D. There was a lot more stuff they messed up, I don't the room to type everything. :(

Trikermutha said:
Do they charge 190 bucks to change rear brake pads like they do here in the Chicago area.??? It doesnt take a degree to change out brake pads

They charged $189 to put new brake shoes on, did NOT machine the rotors, and when I left the brakes did NOT work. I almost hit another bike coming in. They say once the new pads wear into the groves on the rotors they will work better.

They charged $189 to put new brake shoes on, did NOT machine the rotors, and when I left the brakes did NOT work. I almost hit another bike coming in. They say once the new pads wear into the groves on the rotors they will work better.

That is one of my pet peeves. there is no excuse for the rotors to groove like they do. I'm going to be interested to see how well the new rotors I installed hold up with the Performance Machine Stage 1 brakes. I read Lyndall will be coming out with rotors to fit the Triglide, if the quality is the normal Lyndal quality they should be a winner.

That is one of my pet peeves. there is no excuse for the rotors to groove like they do. I'm going to be interested to see how well the new rotors I installed hold up with the Performance Machine Stage 1 brakes. I read Lyndall will be coming out with rotors to fit the Triglide, if the quality is the normal Lyndal quality they should be a winner.

It looks like the material the rotors and the pads are about the same hardness. I looks like the rotors are too soft. This problem does not happen to the front brakes. The rears are a poor design, 9.5" rotors, hard metalic pads. Most kits use a larger rotor, like Performance Machine stage 2.

if your clutch starts acting up you will know why. I would make sure you get that error noted somewhere on the billing so they cannot deny it if the clutch does act up.

Clutch is not working correctly. No free play and can NOT get it in neutral once it warms up. If I pull clutch lever all the way in and rev the engine the bike will move ahead. NOT disengaged! Another trip now......

Clutch is not working correctly. No free play and can NOT get it in neutral once it warms up. If I pull clutch lever all the way in and rev the engine the bike will move ahead. NOT disengaged! Another trip now......
You know you can adjust that free play yourself..it real easy..

It looks like the material the rotors and the pads are about the same hardness. I looks like the rotors are too soft. This problem does not happen to the front brakes. The rears are a poor design, 9.5" rotors, hard metalic pads. Most kits use a larger rotor, like Performance Machine stage 2.
I think harley used sinister brake pads which in my opinoin ruined the rotors..

My lyndall pads I dont like them at all after my recent drives...Going to try new brake pads with a different compound..

Back again to the dealer for the reverse problem. Second part they ordered came in a solenoid. Reverse still did not work. I had told them probably the motor the way it acted. Finally today after and small fit in the service department, they took a motor out of a new trike, and guess what? I now have reverse. Too bad they didn't listen in the first place. I do NOT know how they decided it was the clip that held the gear on the first try. I re-adjusted the clutch again by removing the cover and adjusting the internal screw and lock nut, and it is ok now. They have a bunch of new technicians there, I suggested they get the old ones back.

wow i'm not overly impressed with your dealers tech's. The HD clutch adjustment is basic and a first 1/4 student should of been able to handle it.

I did adjust the free play. It did not help, infact it made it worse.
did you make the adjustment under the derby cover also??? Once you loosen the cable then you have to adjust the clutch then go back and adjust the cable..

Good luck..

Mt reverse motor went belly up last month. I have had the bike for 3 1/2 years with 55K miles. Good thing for EXP, the bill was just under $2000.00; I paid $50.00.

i still like the idea of the baker

what i REALLY want is a baker 7 speed with reverse - my 07 w tle is geared so tall that it will do 20 in first - fully loaded on a uphill stop sign really sux

ive done some testing and gas milage is exactly the same 5th or 6th at 65 - so its clearly geared too tall - but to fix it requires tts to get the spedo and cruise to all work at the same time........

to

Hello All
My dealer blew my reverse motor during the rear brake switch recall and
the leveling of the Street Glide trike's rear end.
They told me if it ever goes out again they would recommend a mechanical
reverse gear and they would install and keep the trikes extended warranty!
I am tempted!!!:wave4:

Regards
Dante

Hello All
My dealer blew my reverse motor during the rear brake switch recall and
the leveling of the Street Glide trike's rear end.
They told me if it ever goes out again they would recommend a mechanical
reverse gear and they would install and keep the trikes extended warranty!
I am tempted!!!:wave4:

Regards
Dante
You better get that it writing from the MOCO too..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png