Road Zeppelin seat

So I read all the post and not sure.....will part # 51072-09 fit on a 14 Tri? Looks like there is a new part # 52000201.
Also, on the 51072-09 model do you find it to put you in the same position as stock?

51072-09 will fit '14 TG It will sit you just a little closer to the fairing. Seat is wider also.

51072-09 is in the P&A catalog, but 52000201 is not. So ?????

All I have to say is WOW. The Road Zeppelin seat I ordered about a month before for my '15 TriGlide on July 29, arrived the day before I left for my 2 week Sturgis trip, and rode it a total of 4,128 miles on that trip. After playing around with the air pressures in the bladders at each gas stop, on day 3 of the trip I seemed to have hit the perfect combination for me, and I never once experienced a sore butt or any discomfort while riding the rest of the trip.

:pepper::pepper::pepper:

A lot of the group I was riding with started to take notice to the seat (after complaining of their sore rear ends after a long days ride) and asking questions about it, many were turned off by the price, but for me, it was money well spent! Hands down, one of the better additions to the bike I've done so far! I was skeptical
about the seat in the beginning, and was hesitant about spending that kind of money for it, but now I'm glad I did! J.M.H.O.

Haven't heard one complaint. Doesn't mean there isn't any though.
What year TG do you have? I had a '12 and had no problems and now a '14 and I immediately replaced the ridiculously low windshield with a taller one.

Any passenger complaints about the seat being 1" higher in back and they pick up more wind?

I haven't noticed any additional wind with my Zep ... but I kinda like the wind so I probably wouldn't of .... if there is more wind, it's not a lot. The comfort this seat provides more than outweighs the extra wind if any. I've had the zeppelin on every Harley since my 07 ... the advantages of it are amplified on the tri glide. The width of the seat gives you a more stable B$tt platform and less sliding side to side in the turns, IMHO. I never saw this on 2 wheels ... but then you wouldn't since you just leaned.

Haven't heard one complaint. Doesn't mean there isn't any though.
What year TG do you have? I had a '12 and had no problems and now a '14 and I immediately replaced the ridiculously low windshield with a taller one.

Also have a 14. Not worried about me as much as the passenger. Had a lead on a used one and when we looked at it the guy told her she would be sitting 1" higher and get a lot more wind. She wanted no part of that! I knew the driver seat was higher, wasn't sure about the passenger.

Unique problem

I have a nerve trunk in my right leg that gets irritated and then I need to take pain killers to deal with it. I currently have a stock seat on my 2015 Tri-Glide. I can go about 20 miles on it and then the pain begins. In my wife's Avalon it is about 50 miles and in my Tundra about 100 miles. The difference between the Avalon seat and the Tundra is that the butt part is narrower in the Avalon. How wide is the Road Zeppelin at it's widest point?

I have a nerve trunk in my right leg that gets irritated and then I need to take pain killers to deal with it. I currently have a stock seat on my 2015 Tri-Glide. I can go about 20 miles on it and then the pain begins. In my wife's Avalon it is about 50 miles and in my Tundra about 100 miles. The difference between the Avalon seat and the Tundra is that the butt part is narrower in the Avalon. How wide is the Road Zeppelin at it's widest point?

I don't know the measurements, but my friend once asked me if I need to pack a lunch to slide from one side to the other. :D

Ray, I have the same problem. My sciatia nerve is unbearable on my right leg. Only when I'm riding and at no other time. It's getting worse as the years pile up. The RZ seat helps a lot - not as much as the older RZ seat that had the center bladder - that one worked like a charm - the new one not so much, but still better then a static seat any day. This year I did a Saddlesore 1000 so I bought a beaded seat pad to see if that would help even more. Believe it or not it did help a bit - I didn't shift as much as I did without it.
Bottom line is I don't think ANY seat will eliminate the leg pain. All you can do is get a seat that will hold off the pain a little longer and I believe the RZ does exactly that by changing the pressure points that a static seat just can't do.

I've tried the gel pad and the Airhawk pad and neither one is as good as the RZ seat.....for me. Some others swear by them.

Good luck.

Thank you for the comments this is what I needed to know. I will be trying one out when wife's arm heals.

Ray, I have the same problem. My sciatia nerve is unbearable on my right leg. Only when I'm riding and at no other time. It's getting worse as the years pile up. The RZ seat helps a lot - not as much as the older RZ seat that had the center bladder - that one worked like a charm - the new one not so much, but still better then a static seat any day. This year I did a Saddlesore 1000 so I bought a beaded seat pad to see if that would help even more. Believe it or not it did help a bit - I didn't shift as much as I did without it.
Bottom line is I don't think ANY seat will eliminate the leg pain. All you can do is get a seat that will hold off the pain a little longer and I believe the RZ does exactly that by changing the pressure points that a static seat just can't do.

I've tried the gel pad and the Airhawk pad and neither one is as good as the RZ seat.....for me. Some others swear by them.

Good luck.

If you have a 14 or up, the air compressor won't work unless you already have the add on acc connection added. But you'll still get a feel for the seat.

You mean they took that off too?? First Harley took of the saddlebag guards, then the front fender bling, then the CB and now the accessory plug. What's next the auxiliary lights? :AGGHH:

The thing they took of that I miss the most was the CD player. I have hundreds and hundreds of CD's. Now I have to buy and copy over to mp3 cards and thumb drives. Bummer!

I was getting the 'numb butt' syndrome after about an hour in the saddle with the stock setup so we decided to try some different seats. After trying the Sundowner seat, it was OK for me but the Misses disliked it a lot, next up was the Hammock seat and it fit both us pretty good with no ill effects after about 2 hours.

Our dealership didn't have one of the new style Zeppelins for demo but ordered one for us to try, BINGO! We bought the harness to hook it up and went for a ride, spent about a 1/2 day in the saddle, went back to the shop and signed on the dotted line for it, it's been a couple of weeks now and we love it. The only problem is now that we're sitting several inches higher the wind is bothering both of us a lot, the wife is taking a beating when we hit the free-way.

Got the butt comfort just right and now we're going to look at some different windshields to solve the other problem, it's a never ending circle isn't it, lol.

I was getting the 'numb butt' syndrome after about an hour in the saddle with the stock setup so we decided to try some different seats. After trying the Sundowner seat, it was OK for me but the Misses disliked it a lot, next up was the Hammock seat and it fit both us pretty good with no ill effects after about 2 hours.

Our dealership didn't have one of the new style Zeppelins for demo but ordered one for us to try, BINGO! We bought the harness to hook it up and went for a ride, spent about a 1/2 day in the saddle, went back to the shop and signed on the dotted line for it, it's been a couple of weeks now and we love it. The only problem is now that we're sitting several inches higher the wind is bothering both of us a lot, the wife is taking a beating when we hit the free-way.

Got the butt comfort just right and now we're going to look at some different windshields to solve the other problem, it's a never ending circle isn't it, lol.

We put wind deflectors on our '13, and are about to put a set on our '15, along with the fork baffle. Went with the chrome deflectors this time. :)

We both think it cuts down on the wind buffeting. I've also put on a ClockWerks windshield, I think that helps too. It is available in different heights. You want to be able to see just over it. The combination works very well for us.

The wife also lets some of the air out of her seat at high speed on the freeway, so she sits down more behind me. The rest of the time she like the bladder almost fully inflated so she can see over me better.

Link for the wind deflectors/baffle: www.street-glide.com

Recurve windshield

Switch to a recurve windshield you probably won't need higher they just work so much better.

Attachments

• DSC00144.JPG
    DSC00144.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 90
My dealer had the correct pig tail to plug in the road Zeppelin seat to my 2014 when I did my demo.
My wife (rear seat) found my portion way too wide for her comfort .... and I found it too high for mine.

Bob :Dorag:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png