SE 255 Cams

We did the Wood 555 cams on my wife's trike. It pulls really good. Also did Fulsac ceramic pipes, big sucker stage one air, adj push rods and TTS. Happy so far with a few thousand miles on the build. Mileage is lousy (30 - 35), but not much worse than before the mods.

Who did the TTS tune? Might be some mileage improvement if the tune is on the rich side.

I can't tell you who did the tune. Then I'd have to rat out the Wiz. Woops! Actually, he did a great job. It runs great. I'll talk to him about any room for improvements on the richness.

I'd like to hear about the Thundermax once it is installed by Greydog. Thinking of putting one on myself but they are pricey

I bought the T-max and had to send it back. I thought I had Rinehart pipes but found they are Vance&Hines. The wide band oxy sensors are about an inch longer than stock and the bung on my rear pipe is too close to the top of the transmission for the sensor to clear. Was going to be too much more expense and bother to continue with installing it.

If you decide to go with the T-max call Zipper's Performance and speak with Pete. He's really knowledgeable about the product and can help you out. Although I sent the T-max back I think I would have liked the performance had I had pipes that the sensors would fit.

I can't tell you who did the tune. Then I'd have to rat out the Wiz. Woops! Actually, he did a great job. It runs great. I'll talk to him about any room for improvements on the richness.

Well the tune should be pretty good then because the Wiz knows his stuff. When I think about it 30 - 35 mpg isn't real terrible considering the trike is heavy and an aerodynamic brick. Last summer I was averaging in the mid 30's with my 10 and the SE255 cams, with a best of 38 mpg when running a nice easy 60 mph in 5th gear. I'm going to be interested in what mine does mileage wise once it gets off the dyno.

I have Andrews 54 in mine, and runs great. Talk to Fullsac performance about the difference. They don't think SE 255 is a good cam for the trike.

Depending on how fuel quality is whether or not the SE255 is good or bad for the Trike. I put 7,000 miles on my 2010 Triglide with SE255 cams in it last year, over all the performance was quite good. In my neck of the woods I'm able to get 93 octane gas so pinging wasn't an issue. The only time I run into any pining was out west in SD and the gas quality was marginal at best. I decided since I do travel and fuel quality can become and issue I should make a change. This past winter I installed the Woods TW555 and switched the transmission output sprocket from a 32 tooth to a 30 tooth on both mine and my dads Trikes. I've gotten a few miles on both of them while tuning them so they can be ridden before they are put on a dyno for the final tune. The biggest thing these changes seem to bring is the cam doesn't fall off at 4,300 RPM like the SE255 cam did, maybe more will become apparent once I can put more miles on it. The SE255 is great for bottom end punch, my wife can attest to that when I picked the front end up twice while she was on board.

I still haven't got the cams in yet, one of the local shops up here also suggested the andrews -- heading to myrtle beach on the 10th of may so I'll wait till I get back to put something in -- my foot clutch and jockey shift finally came in so I'll install that when I get back to. (this retirement thing is tough, don't have enough time to do anything. Should have retired 10 years ago!):Bug2:

I had the 255's in my 07Ultra/CSC along with a 103 kit. They worked well for me. Even with my gear change 4300 RPM would have put me up around 90mph,:innocent: so I didn't worry too much about them falling off at that rpm:wtg: No experience with the Woods cams.

Dwight

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joefontenot

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joefontenot
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png