Several Codes?

Update on the code situation. Took it to another Harley dealership. they looked at it for a couple days. Called and said it was fixed. They said there was a ground wire loose. Got it home. Went on a 300 mile ride one day. Ran fine. Next day, went for a 200 mile ride. Ran fine. Today, went for a 60 mile ride. Ran fine. Left it outside to wash the wheels. Cleaned the trike. Started it up to put it in the garage, and there they were. U121's on 3 modules. ECM, BCM, and Speedo. After 3 or 4 cycling of the ignition switch, it allowed me to clear the code. Now back to square one. :gah:Time to call the Mothership.

Update on the code situation. Took it to another Harley dealership. they looked at it for a couple days. Called and said it was fixed. They said there was a ground wire loose. Got it home. Went on a 300 mile ride one day. Ran fine. Next day, went for a 200 mile ride. Ran fine. Today, went for a 60 mile ride. Ran fine. Left it outside to wash the wheels. Cleaned the trike. Started it up to put it in the garage, and there they were. U121's on 3 modules. After 3 or 4 cycling of the ignition switch, it allowed me to clear the code. Now back to square one. :gah:Time to call the Mothership.

One good thing is you have paper trail that cannot be denied by the MOCO, good luck

and keep us posted

This is an embarrassment to the dealers that have worked on your trike

Update on the code situation. Took it to another Harley dealership. they looked at it for a couple days. Called and said it was fixed. They said there was a ground wire loose. Got it home. Went on a 300 mile ride one day. Ran fine. Next day, went for a 200 mile ride. Ran fine. Today, went for a 60 mile ride. Ran fine. Left it outside to wash the wheels. Cleaned the trike. Started it up to put it in the garage, and there they were. U121's on 3 modules. ECM, BCM, and Speedo. After 3 or 4 cycling of the ignition switch, it allowed me to clear the code. Now back to square one. :gah:Time to call the Mothership.

Hey, wishing you the beat. U121 is the antilock. Was there an H meaning history code?

Also, I believe your trike had a brake recall - was that done?

Hey, wishing you the beat. U121 is the antilock. Was there an H meaning history code?

Also, I believe your trike had a brake recall - was that done?

Thanks. When the code first comes up, it's U121C. Which mean's it a currant code. When it let's you go through it's cycle, it turns into H (history) Then I get rid of them.

Update on the codes. Just got back from my ride out to Sturgis. Spent a week out there riding everywhere. The good news is, not one code problem, :laugh:. That bad ground on the frame must have fixed it. Ran great. 2800 miles. 4 days of rain. Got stuck in the Custer State Park Wildlife loop in a big storm. On the next day, it rained all day. but still went out a rode the hills. Wasn't bad at all. Lots of crazy bad drivers out there though. On the way home, we had to pull over for the night, due to the torrential rain. So, we are home now, we get to sleep in our own bed. :). Jerry.

Update on the codes. Just got back from my ride out to Sturgis. Spent a week out there riding everywhere. The good news is, not one code problem, :laugh:. That bad ground on the frame must have fixed it. Ran great. 2800 miles. 4 days of rain. Got stuck in the Custer State Park Wildlife loop in a big storm. On the next day, it rained all day. but still went out a rode the hills. Wasn't bad at all. Lots of crazy bad drivers out there though. On the way home, we had to pull over for the night, due to the torrential rain. So, we are home now, we get to sleep in our own bed. :). Jerry.

Good on you, glad to see the problem is solved

Sounds like you are correct in that the bad ground was the issue. Happy that all is well now.

I know about the rains in Sturgis - been there and done that. Still sounds like you had a great time.

Welcome home

Been awhile since I have posted about the codes on my trike. Well, everything has been working great on my trike, since they found the ground problem. I've been on many rides and lots of miles. Not one code. ;)

So glad to hear that all has worked out well. Your post will surely help others here.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png