Stop That Slipping Clutch

I have a triglide too. I have gotten used to the clutch, but hubby says it is still too heavy.
I am thinking I want one of these too. I would need the same thing as Barbara.

At's affirmative there Ironhorsepilot.

I have noted this before, but for any newcomers.....I researched this before I purchasd one and the only negative comment I could find was from a guy that said it reduced clutch effort too much for him. This guy may have had Popeye arms. The feel may be a bit different, but I found it different in a pleasing fashion. Smooth as silk.

I've probably missed it as I read through all this, but is there a ballpark price if they are ordered as a bulk order through you, UltraBoy? I don't have a strength limit, but my very small hands would probably like this item too! My clutch hand gets very tired in traffic.

I'm still standing by to get in on the group purchase......Ted

Ted, since Joan wants one too that makes four so we have met the best deal purchase and we still have Bryan who is now on the fence because he has spent more on his trike than he had a permit for.

He will be coming over here Friday for some cam and Dyno work so we will get a good chance to chat. He'll be staying in my guest house but headed back Saturday I think. Maybe I can get him to reconsider.

IHP... i will PM you the cost of the VPC which Ultraboy has given us. He's getting us all a deal which is just super of him to do so. I don't want to publicly post the cost but it is a great price.

Yes, you and Barbara should get the same one which VT says only takes a few minutes to install. It goes right through the hole where the derby cover goes.. easy, easy.

I've probably missed it as I read through all this, but is there a ballpark price if they are ordered as a bulk order through you, UltraBoy? I don't have a strength limit, but my very small hands would probably like this item too! My clutch hand gets very tired in traffic.

Nana.. I'll copy you on the quote from Dave as well. This is great to have friends in high places..

Thank you again Dave.. I know you are going Mach II at the shop and hope things are going well.

reksul, I looked on the AIM web site and for my HD 103 they are saying the VP 008-92T. Anyway PM me the cost and I will PayPal the money. Ted

Hi all, been busy lately and not here too much... Anyway, everybody who wants one of the AIM clutches, please post here, and we'll get the bulk order together. My best pricing comes at qty. 4 or more. I'll get the common part numbers posted here later today. Pick your part, and post here. Please note that some aftermarket derby covers will need a spacer. Check the AIM website for which ones.
AIM

UB.. I'm in

I can't make up my mind between the VP013-84S or the VP014-84T

The Standard (S) version is for my 96" motor with the modifications that I have but the (T) is for the same modified motor with higher bottom end torque which my Andrews 26H produce so it engages earlier in the lower RPM range. So I am leaning towards the (T)

Either will work but which ever one has the best pull reduction with an SE clutch spring.

If you PM me your address I'll send you a check rather than PayPal taking a chunk.

I did talk to Bryan and he doesn't want to get one right now.

Thanks again Dave

-dave

To be honest with you, I went to the site and I have NO idea what I need, since I assume these clutches are for regular motorcycles and not trikes. It has to be heavy enough to support the weight. So guess I need you guys to figure that one out for me. I can send money through pay pal. The one that I would think would be for me, says for bikes with carb and mine is fuel injected.

OK, I went back to the site and there is not one listed that will fit the triglide . We have 1687CC with fuel injection.

Last edited:
To be honest with you, I went to the site and I have NO idea what I need, since I assume these clutches are for regular motorcycles and not trikes. It has to be heavy enough to support the weight. So guess I need you guys to figure that one out for me. I can send money through pay pal. The one that I would think would be for me, says for bikes with carb and mine is fuel injected.

IHP, I have no clue either which one I need....but, I'm guessing it'll be the same one you get? Let me know payment method also.

All...it should not matter a twit as to carb or EFI. You're not going anywhere near the fuel delivery system. However...I do not know any particulars on any changes in the drive train for the newer scoots. Don't have a clue if HD changed-up the lifting components or primary covers. The thing to do is for someone to call AIM (or e-mail) and ask them. It could be their information has not been updated....don't know.

OH...I failed to mention that I have the Lehman Renegade kit on a 2000 ULTRA Classic pulling the 105-pound wife, her 200 pounds of baggage and my 200-pound self with a full load of fuel and 3-gallons in a reserve tank....powered by a 1550 Stage II kit, SE spring and hydraulic clutch. Just completed a 2800 mile venture in the mountains in the rain..IT NEVER SLIPPED EVEN ONCE! If your clutch is not slipping now....it won't slip after this install. Matter-of-fact, if you clutch may be slippning now, it won't slip after this install. Don't worry about the weight of the TriGlide or the fact this thing was designed for 2-wheelers. Mine weighs just as much as the TriGlide and the device was designed for the HD clutch...2, 3, 4 or as many wheels as you can wrap around it. Mine is the lowest effort pull at 40% and it works fine. If you go for the stronger models, you won't get the full 40% reduction. The various models offer less reduction based on the model you need. Don't guess...you can e-mail these guys and they will make a recomendation. They recommened the "middle" model for me, but I went ahead and sprung for the low-end....works fine!

My clutch doesn't 'slip' per se.....thought the AIM device would make an easier pull on the clutch lever? That's what I'm looking for. Are we all on the same dance page?

Being on the same page... Yep, we need to be there so everyone is happy with their decision and the proper VPC.

The TG has a 103" which is advertised to pull over 100 torque and HP at the crank, not the wheels. This is more than my 96" even with the motor work but not that far off.

Slipping the clutch is something you do with every trike or bike. You must slip the clutch when starting off from a stop and a little bit then shifting gears. What none of us need is a weak stock clutch slipping too much with the weight of our trikes and the combined low end power that our motor possess.

I've read the site over and over and the way I read it there is one thing in common with each VPC. It will assist you with a positive clutch lock up when the clutch should be locked up. This will extend your clutch life.

Next thing is the percentage of clutch lever assist which is rated in percentages. There is 70%, 50% and 20%. To get the 70% assist you will have to spend a lot more by purchasing a full kit. Nope, I don't think any of us need to do that to make a stock clutch feel like a feather but remember they all come with a guarantee lock up at the proper RPM's.

The 50% reduction is the "low end" VPC and it will only give you 50% reduction at idle. Your pull reduction will be less as the RPM's increase.

I think this is what VT is speaking of which I think would be great for a TG owner with a stock motor since your pull lever is less than 18 lbs stock your lever pull will be reduced to 9 lbs or less at idle. It will also assist with less clutch slippage and extend the life of your clutch which a trike is hard on due to it's weight.

The 20% reduction would be for hell raising in my opinion and for someone that needs the clutch to lock up at a lower RPM and a good amount of torque at the lower and mid range areas of the power curve and doesn't care about the lever reduction. This is the higher end that VT is talking about and not what I need at all.

So, with all this said... I'm going with what VT has suggested and get the low end VPC for the best pull reduction. It will hold not only my trike but it will do a good job on the TG's too. Light pull on the lever and guaranteed clutch lock up at the proper RPM and power range and if it will fit a Harley touring bike it will fit the TG. The only difference is from the seat back but the power train is the same as a touring Harley with a 103" motor.

So i'm going with a VP013-84S which i believe to be the lower end model and the lightest pull. It will also fit the 103 TG motors.

UB (Dave) did tell me that they have changed the numbers or style around not too long ago but it was on a PM that was deleted so If anyone sees this as wrong then chime in and straighten the page.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png