Tie Down Options

Tony8

60+ Posts
Hello everyone. I have a 2016 GL1800 Goldwing Trike with a CSC Viper trike kit installed. When trailing the trike, I know where to tie it down in the back but securing the front has me baffled. Where should I tie it down on the front? Also should the front suspension be compressed a little bit?

When trailing the trike should it be in neutral or 1st gear after tying it down?

Thank you,

Tony

Hello everyone. I have a 2016 GL1800 Goldwing Trike with a CSC Viper trike kit installed. When trailing the trike, I know where to tie it down in the back but securing the front has me baffled. Where should I tie it down on the front? Also should the front suspension be compressed a little bit?

When trailing the trike should it be in neutral or 1st gear after tying it down?

Thank you,

Tony

Apples 🍎 to Oranges 🍊 ??? But with my Tri-Glides I always trailer in gear with park brake on .

And I run a ratchet strap through the front wheel careful of the roaders and with a soft towel between the rim and strap so as not to abased it—Hope this might help you…

I installed a front motorcycle wheel chalk on my trailer. It is a ride in cradle that secures the front wheel. I then run a heavy-duty tie-down strap through the front wheel at about the 10 o'clock position. That strap then extends down and forward to anchor points at the front corners of the trailer. This secures the front of the trike and prevents any movement forward, backward, or from side to side. I use a good pad on the wheel to prevent any abrasion of the strap.

I have a friend that hauled his Goldwing trike cross country with it in gear. He had to have expensive transmission repair work done after doing so. I leave mine in neutral. Two rear straps to the back corners of the trailer prevents side to side movement of the rear end. I do not compress anything on the front fork. The trike likes to ride on its own suspension. It never moves and nothing is broken when I get to my destination..... Jim

Back