Tired ! Really Tired !

Seems to me that those having "pain in between shoulders or shoulder areas" need some training as to the art of Triking. Not sure if I should tell you guys or have my wife explain it. :blush:

I'll just explain this much: Make sure your handle bars ends are not too low. Should have the "ends" up to the point of being nearly level. This will keep your wrists level and no kinks in the wrist. THIS enables YOU to "push" the bars rather than "pulling" the bars. Cup you hands to the bar ends as this helps to do most of the "pushing". Go right...PUSH with left hand/arm/shoulder. BUT did you brake/downshift and go to the outside of corner than inside. While going to inside...give more throttle to "pull" the trike thru the corner (or upshift)and move your butt a little but I only do that in really tight cornering. Most work is done by steering inputs/brake/shift and throttling out of corners. Only "pull" slightly on opposite bar end. Oh yes, don't put a death grip on the bars as a "looser grip" is enough for must straight line driving. Get that left tire very near the centerline...as this puts the trike in a smoother part of the roadway. Riding the trike this way helps with rough roadways.

Yes, I have a rake kit on my 1985 GL1200 Aspencade. It helps a lot...but "we" trained on the trike with no kit and we have ridden 4-600 miles in those days. Much better with rake but doable without.

The trike can come out of corners faster than a 2 wheeler and this surprises many fellow bikers as to how fast it is...with me or the wife driving.

2TZ

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rramo
Back