Tri-Glide CVO RDRS Question

Jan 8, 2023
Kamas
I just bought a '22 CVO Tri-Glide. It comes with a 19" front wheel and 18" rears rather than the non CVO model that has an 18" up front and 15" on the rears. I want to put a 21" on it. My local HD dealer says that Harley doesn't have any software that would update the RDRS for the 21" wheel. My question is would I have any issues if I put the 21" wheel on? Would I get false codes? Can I do the change? Would my RDRS system just work with the 21". Or should I just order a 19" wheel and be done with it? Any help here is much appreciated. Anyone been down this road? Thx all.....

Hello Bruce, welcome to the forums, sorry but I can't be of any help with your question.

Bruce, Welcome to Trike Talk and your first post

You have a good question that can (for now) only be answered by the engineers @ Harley that designed the system IMO

I just bought a '22 CVO Tri-Glide. It comes with a 19" front wheel and 18" rears rather than the non CVO model that has an 18" up front and 15" on the rears. I want to put a 21" on it. My local HD dealer says that Harley doesn't have any software that would update the RDRS for the 21" wheel. My question is would I have any issues if I put the 21" wheel on? Would I get false codes? Can I do the change? Would my RDRS system just work with the 21". Or should I just order a 19" wheel and be done with it? Any help here is much appreciated. Anyone been down this road? Thx all.....

As far as I know all non CVO Tri GLides have 16" Front wheels not 18" My Indian came with a 130/70/17 front tire I switch to 180/55/18 wheel & tire its a lot larger I had to buy a new custom made front abs ring, with out it the abs light was on, the speedo did not work, cruise did not work, changed the ring and everything is back to normal.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rramo
Back