VW air cool engine

Depends a lot on the WIND in Gods country.
If it is a calm day I get about 30mph.
If the wind is blowing, ie 90 mph, mpg goes DOWN.:gah:
Since I only have a five gallon tank, and most towns
are about 30 miles apart out here, I usually fuel every
60 to 90 miles.

I typically get 28 or so with my 1915. Heading west on I90 through south dakota I got 17 mpg with a 25 mph headwind.

Hi all

Still have trike fever but I had purchased a camper and enjoy camping .... Not sure if I can do both but we will see.

Goal is to retire in 10 years so maybe I need to buy a new camper closer to retirement date and just buy a trike now...

Anyway going to check in more often.

1963 40hp engine in triker titled in march '78.

went through the engine add big bore, pulling cam, hot ignition, match port manifolds/heads and drilled main jet/hi-flow breather.. on a run from walhalla to myrtle beach and back (around 800ms) avg 36mpg running Sunoco 93. around 75mph tops in places.:AGGHH:

A few weekends ago I did a 350 mile trip on 1 day and a 300 mile tip on the next day.
Average about 25 mpg

The first day the oil temp only got to a little over 190 the 2nd day it got up to about 220

Ran great the entire time

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pjslack1981
Back