What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

I put real a license plate on my trike and it only took 3 1/2 months to get it from NJ DMV. No longer running an extended temporary tag from Delaware, with a NJ license and a VIN that was assigned to a Ford Pickup. Glad I didn't get pulled over when I was in TN and had to explain that one. I'm also liking the the number. I couldn't have picked anything more my style if I paid extra for it. EZPass is on the way here now too.

View attachment 103044

It took me almost that long for me to get my handicapped plate from NJ-DMV and this was years before the COVID-19 B/S...And i already had the placard for the trike for a few years...I just wanted the plate cause even though i had a way to lock it to the bar, I always figured somebody would rip it off...Not to steal it but out of spite...You would be shocked that some people couldn't accept a trike/bike parked in a handicapped spot even with a placard..Some try to give me grief when with the plate...But my Dynamic Personality shuts them down .....But like my Old Man would always say to me...Bob he always called me Bob..Bob' Always leave them with a Smile......ThumbUp....

I am happy to see today with over 2k miles on my 21 Freewheeler I have very little oil and water goop in my catch can

Compared to my 17, this one is not spitting as bad;)

I just had my 1000 mile service at the dealer and they replaced my Oil Tank gaskit due to a leak. I was down almost a quart by the dipstick when I took it in. They had it for 3 days. HD Syn 3 in motorHD Formula+ in primaryHD Heavy Synthetic Gear Oil in transmission HD FilterHavent put much mileage on afterwards due to rain and cold. That sucks.

I just had my 1000 mile service at the dealer and they replaced my Oil Tank gaskit due to a leak. I was down almost a quart by the dipstick when I took it in. They had it for 3 days. HD Syn 3 in motorHD Formula+ in primaryHD Heavy Synthetic Gear Oil in transmission HD FilterHavent put much mileage on afterwards due to rain and cold. That sucks.

Oil leaks suck:mad:

Added a Grasshopper backrest.

IMG-20211109-060403.jpg

Replaced front tire Dealer said this was for a 2015 FREE WHEELER Dunlop D408 F- 19'' 130/60819 made in USA. had a Commando 2 on it had 14,000 miles on it they said

it still had good thread did need to replace it I said replace it any way.

Sure is a lot of difference on bumpy roads, It's a fatter tire, really happy. It cost a lot more thou.

(I couldn't figure out how to fix Picture?)

Attachments area

Attachments area

20211024_114802.jpg

Cleaning the insect life off the Freewheeler after a 100 mile ride around the environs of southern New Jersey on a relatively nice day. Listing to some music with a fresh Michelob Ultra and noticed a spring on the floor of the garage underneath the left floor board. WTF! Parking brake return spring fell off. I mean, how in the hell did it just fall off parked there? It wasn't on the floor when I started whipping the trike down and I don't activate it in the garage. Thinking this may be a part I should have on hand when I'm out and about. Easy enough to put back on. Can I just remove the entire assembly without throwing a light? I think putting it in gear would be just fine and eliminate the issue.

Cleaning the insect life off the Freewheeler after a 100 mile ride around the environs of southern New Jersey on a relatively nice day. Listing to some music with a fresh Michelob Ultra and noticed a spring on the floor of the garage underneath the left floor board. WTF! Parking brake return spring fell off. I mean, how in the hell did it just fall off parked there? It wasn't on the floor when I started whipping the trike down and I don't activate it in the garage. Thinking this may be a part I should have on hand when I'm out and about. Easy enough to put back on. Can I just remove the entire assembly without throwing a light? I think putting it in gear would be just fine and eliminate the issue.

You will have to do something to the pb switch to not have a light stay on the speedo

Look @ # 24 here

HD16FLHTCUTG033.gif

You will have to do something to the pb switch to not have a light stay on the speedo...

Looks like a mechanical connection, so it seems to me that without the brake being there the system won't know any better. The light only comes on when I apply the parking brake, if it's not there it can't be applied or am I missing something?

Looks like a mechanical connection, so it seems to me that without the brake being there the system won't know any better. The light only comes on when I apply the parking brake, if it's not there it can't be applied or am I missing something?

I dunno, unplug that connection, see if the PB light is on, you will end up unplugging it if you remove the parking brake all together

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png