What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

Is that a Reckless fairing?

If yes, I like the taller tinted windscreen.

How tall is it?

Where did you get it from?

The fairing is from the USA Trailer Store, very reasonable. The shield is a 10 inch polycarbonate model from Dakota Shields on Ebay, again very reasonable.

s-l500.jpg

10" Light Tint Windshield Harley Touring FLH FLHT FLHX 96-2013

The shield was only $32 with $4.99 shipping, can't beat it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Light-T...447134?hash=item19b193f8de:g:6NwAAOxyfyhRYP96

THANKS ! ! ! !

Sent them a message on eBay about it fitting my bike.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Don't wash anymore !!!??? :confused::confused:

That is relatively close to what I do. I give mine a bath 2-4 times a year. ( I do use some waterless wash on the ceramic now and then)

I just ride in so much rain. I did give it a wash and quasi polish about 3 weeks ago, and 2 days after that I rode in 150 miles of rain. All that work was covered up with a new layer of wet road grime. :xzqxz:

Kevin

I put real a license plate on my trike and it only took 3 1/2 months to get it from NJ DMV. No longer running an extended temporary tag from Delaware, with a NJ license and a VIN that was assigned to a Ford Pickup. Glad I didn't get pulled over when I was in TN and had to explain that one. I'm also liking the the number. I couldn't have picked anything more my style if I paid extra for it. EZPass is on the way here now too.

NJ Plate.jpg

I rode 2,588 miles in the last week. I have had my Freewheeler for one fun filled year as of today. Next stop 15K service. :Dorag::)

Nice day so I played hooky and took a long lunch ride. Stopped at an old friends house, a guy I've ridden Harleys together with for decades and related my recent trip to TN to him and said I had hit 4000 miles on my Freewheeler. He made a comment that didn't really hit me 'till I got home. He said he's got 5000 miles on his Can-Am Spyder. He's had it for 3 years. I've had the Freewheeler for 3 months.

I rode 2,588 miles in the last week. I have had my Freewheeler for one fun filled year as of today.

Next stop 15K service. :Dorag::)

Wow, congrats Lola. Guy I know from our H.O.G. Chapter did the ride around Texas (RAT) a couple weeks ago. That's a way to pile some serious miles on quickly.

Completed the RAT in 65 hrs!

In-State Ride Around - Insanity Gold - Ride Around Texas Insanity Gold

28-Sep-2021 3,170miles (US) 2013 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic

244431587_4683026811716502_1951659408951054382_n.jpg

I'm definitely not up for that!

Got rid of the orange reflectors on the front fork legs but then it made those orange turn signals stand out like a sore thumb. HD conveniently offers smoked turn signal lenses with orange bulbs that are DOT OK and made me happy. My last two bikes were Triumphs and I replaced the orange lenses with clear ones and clear LED bulbs that were DOT approved orange when lit. Clear lenses with orange bulbs look like egg yolks. Not a good look. A similar set up is available aftermarket for the Freewheeler as well, but I'm concerned the bulbs may throw an error code due to changes in the resistance. Really didn't want to have to deal with that, so got the HD bulb and lens set. Remarkably it didn't cost a hundred dollars :) A before and after pic shown. No big change, but I like subtle changes.

G-21 Freewheeler-004.jpg G-21 Freewheeler-023.jpg

Got rid of the orange reflectors on the front fork legs but then it made those orange turn signals stand out like a sore thumb. HD conveniently offers smoked turn signal lenses with orange bulbs that are DOT OK and made me happy. My last two bikes were Triumphs and I replaced the orange lenses with clear ones and clear LED bulbs that were DOT approved orange when lit. Clear lenses with orange bulbs look like egg yolks. Not a good look. A similar set up is available aftermarket for the Freewheeler as well, but I'm concerned the bulbs may throw an error code due to changes in the resistance. Really didn't want to have to deal with that, so got the HD bulb and lens set. Remarkably it didn't cost a hundred dollars :) A before and after pic shown. No big change, but I like subtle changes.

View attachment 103326 View attachment 103327

No worries with led bulbs with the can bus electrical system on the H D bikes. If you do get a DTC, clear it and it will not come back on

The reason for a DTC is the can bus system needs to re learn the voltage difference of the led bulb draw

No worries with led bulbs with the can bus electrical system on the H D bikes. If you do get a DTC, clear it and it will not come back on The reason for a DTC is the can bus system needs to re learn the voltage difference of the led bulb draw

Jack, I've been thinking about your comments (above) and remembered there was a thread about LED turn signal bulbs, but I can only find references to LED tail light bulbs, not front turn signal bulbs. Somebody had posted info on an LED bulb in the $10 range from Walmart, I believe it was and the part number, that worked with no issues. I would really like to get a clear LED bulb that blinks orange behind my new smoked turn signal lenses. Think it would look better when it was parked and do the job of signaling better than the standard bulbs. Would you recall that info?

Jack, I've been thinking about your comments (above) and remembered there was a thread about LED turn signal bulbs, but I can only find references to LED tail light bulbs, not front turn signal bulbs. Somebody had posted info on an LED bulb in the $10 range from Walmart, I believe it was and the part number, that worked with no issues. I would really like to get a clear LED bulb that blinks orange behind my new smoked turn signal lenses. Think it would look better when it was parked and do the job of signaling better than the standard bulbs. Would you recall that info?

What I do know is the Sylvania bulbs do not work, the barrel of the bulb does not fit far enuff into the socket

You might check with these folks

https://www.superbrightleds.com/

or here

https://www.customdynamics.com/probeam-flat-harley-turn-signals-with-smoked-lenses

What I do know is the Sylvania bulbs do not work, the barrel of the bulb does not fit far enuff into the socket

You might check with these folks

https://www.superbrightleds.com/

Installed a set of hard lowers from Hogworkz last evening.

The paint match is very good and the installation was easy. Good quality product and much cheaper then OEM.

Delivery was 10 weeks.

Wow! The paint looks perfect. Looks like your trike came that way from the dealer.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rramo
Back