What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

Temperature got up to 12 today.

IMG-20220129-140404-01-01.jpg

Today I added extended shift pegs to my Freewheeler, I hate the wimpy stock ones

J & P catalog shows no fit for 2021 FLRT, I questioned that since I already put that same part number on the front already. Their tech department said they could not yet confirm that, so I rode down to the Daytona store, bought the peg and put it on in the parking lot.

I had the tech come out to see the job so they can confirm the fitment, lets see how long it takes them to do it.

Here is the peg, part #

634-213_A_V4.jpg
J&P Part #: 634-213

Ordered ComfortZoneRide floorboard mount highway pegs and polished it up for Thursday's ride-it is going to be close to 70 degrees here that day. Average is 48 so we are being spoiled. Of course we're in a severe drought so it's not good, but.......... :clapping:

Installed My DK Customs Floorboard Extenders

Got the floorboard extenders from DK yesterday and it was too nice not to put them on today, despite supposedly being working. Very clear instructions and easy installation. I haven't had it out on the road yet, but just sitting on it I can already feel the difference. It's amazing what 1" can do. Thank you LadyOnAMission for the tip and the link and DK Customs for a nice product and quick shipping.

IMG_20220211_173420528.jpg

And I can fold both sides up all the way now, should I have a need to do that. Never could before.

IMG_20220211_173533486.jpg

Haven't disturbed the '21 Freewheeler since Christmas Day and FINALLY caught a break in the ice and snow in Jersey and got a 66 degree day with sunshine. Closed up shop and put 50 miles on. Feels like it's been forever. Might last another day or two, but the weather people lie so not holding my breath. One thing I was curious about, other than trying out the DK floorboard extensions which worked out great, was if the spark plug fins actually did anything except fill in that gap by the plugs. Stuck my finger tip on them when I got back and they were damn hot! So got to figure that they're actually drawing heat away from the cylinders with the rest of the fins and are at least a minor aid in cooling. Guess we'll see.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png