What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

With my 2017 Triglide (Blue) I took a Crayola crayon and match up the blues best I could with heat gun on low I heated up the scratch and rub the blue crayon into the scratch let it cool down a little bit then with rubbing compound just polished it to blend it in… just human nature but I always noticed that spot but when I told somebody else to check it they couldn’t see it..🤔..

Yeah but the Billiard Teal is a funny color, it is darker inside or in the shade, more brilliant in the sunlight

It is a Chameleon :p

Oh Man so sorry that happened to you. It really sucks and the fact that they did not even leave a note. WOW. I hope Karma is a bitch to whoever did it.

Reason why there’s so many hit and runs is because the perpetrator nine times out of 10 has no insurance has a warrant or doesn’t even have a drivers license😱

It’s the wild West out there on the roads….

Yesterday when picking up the trike at the dealer’s the service manager pointed out a “scratch” on friend’s trike fender. It had been left overnight the day before. It got gouged and scraped BAD.. into the fiberglass. They denied it happened there but could not explain how that fresh, obvious, deep gouge was not noted on the incoming sheet by the service manager.

They were big about it though.. sent a little tube of touch-up paint home with it… yeah right people…. :mad: Paint ain’t going to fill in the missing fiberglass.

Been there too.

I’ve had a similar problem with another bike in the past.Now when I drop off my bike or car for service I take bunches of pictures with the cell phone showing the condition of the vehicle being sure to include enough in the background to show where it is.

Haven’t needed to prove the condition of my vehicle yet but I am ready if it comes up.

I led members of our HOG chapter on a ride to Kinzua Bridge State Park. Beautiful weather for an our hour tour. 7 riders of which 4 were trikes (I was the lone Freewheeler).

IMG-20220424-105443-01.jpg

IMG-20220424-140920-01.jpg

IMG-20220424-160359-01.jpg

IMG-20220424-164041-01.jpg

KZ4.jpg

KZ6.jpg

KZ7.jpg

KZ8.jpg

Found a sissy bar backrest combo on eBay for $150 so it was cheap enough to try. I only want it around in case I need it. Most times I don't ride anyone, but when the time comes a passenger back rest is a must on the Freewheeler or your going to lose somebody off the back. Just didn't want to pay HD $260 + another $120 for the pad. Other than having to chase the threads on one of the body bracket holes installation went well. I did swap out the stainless steel bolts for black that I picked up at Lowes and a couple of 7/8" black plugs for the mounting bracket holes. For the few times I'll ever use it I'm satisfied with this eBay combo.

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

Found a sissy bar backrest combo on eBay for $150 so it was cheap enough to try. I only want it around in case I need it. Most times I don't ride anyone, but when the time comes a passenger back rest is a must on the Freewheeler or your going to lose somebody off the back. Just didn't want to pay HD $260 + another $120 for the pad. Other than having to chase the threads on one of the body bracket holes installation went well. I did swap out the stainless steel bolts for black that I picked up at Lowes and a couple of 7/8" black plugs for the mounting bracket holes. For the few times I'll ever use it I'm satisfied with this eBay combo.

View attachment 107653 View attachment 107654 View attachment 107655

Believe me you’re gonna use it more then you think… it’s a perfect place to hang your helmet on..ThumbUp ..I use the rack on my triglides top box to lay my jacket on..If I lay it over the seat there’s a chance of the hot engine or pipe burning 🔥 it..

Gear Shift Linkage Problem

I bought the Scripted Harley gear shift linkage and installed it matching the exact length of the stock one. Took my 21 Freewheeler for a test ride and it still clunks when shifting. I did notice that there is one inch play when you move it back and forth before it goes into gear. It seems like that is a lot of free play, half inch forward and half inch backwards. It was the same for the stock setup. Does anyone have the same problem on yours? I apologize for bothering about this bit it is very frustrating.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Cap Jim

I bought the Scripted Harley gear shift linkage and installed it matching the exact length of the stock one. Took my 21 Freewheeler for a test ride and it still clunks when shifting. I did notice that there is one inch play when you move it back and forth before it goes into gear. It seems like that is a lot of free play, half inch forward and half inch backwards. It was the same for the stock setup. Does anyone have the same problem on yours? I apologize for bothering about this bit it is very frustrating.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Cap Jim

Jim, the Harley transmission is a constant mesh, it is all but impossible to get all of the clunk out, you have to decide how much you can live with

Some heavier tranny fluid does help some, with hydraulic clutch bikes / trikes there is no clutch adjustment, this does not help the clunk either

Changing primary lube can help some also

I bought the Scripted Harley gear shift linkage and installed it matching the exact length of the stock one. Took my 21 Freewheeler for a test ride and it still clunks when shifting. I did notice that there is one inch play when you move it back and forth before it goes into gear. It seems like that is a lot of free play, half inch forward and half inch backwards. It was the same for the stock setup. Does anyone have the same problem on yours? I apologize for bothering about this bit it is very frustrating. Thanks for any help you can give. Cap Jim

My '21 Freewheeler has 3/8" free play. I do recall a wise man in this group say that eliminating the "clunk" in the shift will void your warranty. I say it was good enough for my '59 Pan and my '78 Shovel so it must be a feature not a flaw.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joefontenot

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joefontenot
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png