What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

Took my Memphis Shades fairing off my '21 Freewheeler this evening and went for a ride. Got about three miles, turned around and put it back on. The wind noise was so bad I couldn't hear the exhaust or the motor. Had no idea what gear I was in unless I looked at the readout on the speedo. At 55 mph the wind to the mid section felt like somebody trying to push me off the trike. I remembered why I dropped several hundred dollars on that batwing fairing setup after just two months of ownership. I've been on street motorcycles since I was 16. Through 3 Triumphs, 2 other Harley's and 1 Ducati and never used so much as a windshield, even on my to trip from NJ to Key West. There's just something about the configuration of the Freewheeler that the fairing and windshield is a must for me anyway. Very strange.

G-21 Freewheeler-005.jpg G-21 Freewheeler-014.jpg

Took my Memphis Shades fairing off my '21 Freewheeler this evening and went for a ride. Got about three miles, turned around and put it back on. The wind noise was so bad I couldn't hear the exhaust or the motor. Had no idea what gear I was in unless I looked at the readout on the speedo. At 55 mph the wind to the mid section felt like somebody trying to push me off the trike. I remembered why I dropped several hundred dollars on that batwing fairing setup after just two months of ownership. I've been on street motorcycles since I was 16. Through 3 Triumphs, 2 other Harley's and 1 Ducati and never used so much as a windshield, even on my to trip from NJ to Key West. There's just something about the configuration of the Freewheeler that the fairing and windshield is a must for me anyway. Very strange.

View attachment 109182 View attachment 109184

I hear ya, I rode my Streetbob from Jax Florida to Sturgis with no windshield, I had one on when I returned;)

I rode with a group of friends Saturday for lunch and ice cream. I tallied 250 miles.

IMG20220806143258.jpg

I took my trike in to an indy shop today to have all three fluids and the filter changed. Lucas oils. $175. I had my state inspection done and an overall checkup at the same time. I put on almost 5K since I bought it in November of last year, used with 2110 miles. Unknown service history but now it has fresh blood and a clean bill of health.

I took my trike in to an indy shop today to have all three fluids and the filter changed. Lucas oils. $175. I had my state inspection done and an overall checkup at the same time. I put on almost 5K since I bought it in November of last year, used with 2110 miles. Unknown service history but now it has fresh blood and a clean bill of health.

Now you have good records, keep a ledger and you are good to go:clapping:

As usual some beautiful pics. I could take a picture of most any back road in a 50 miles radius of me and it would look like every other back road in South Jersey. :(

I drove through South Jersey more than a few times. I know what you mean.

Come up this way, I'll take you on some good roads.

Just got back from a 65 mile lunch ride to the world famous Pic-A-Lilly Inn on Rt. 206 Shamong Twp NJ. About 20 miles between nothing and nowhere in the Pine Barrens. I get there when they open at 11AM.

G-21 Freewheeler-037(Pic-A-Lily Inn).jpg

This is what it looks like at Noon.

IMG_20220819_120151648.jpg

This pic doesn't do it justice. That line of cars/trucks stretches 100' in both directions. There are two side parking lots. The one on the right was full. Good place to stop if your in South Jersey.

Just got back from a 10 day trip to Jacksonville FL. (Jack, I'll PM you later with my apologies.) Was one step ahead of some nasty weather the entire trip, but was beautiful most of the time. Stopped for lunch in Roanoke VA at a Logans Roadhouse I like. Went from there to Lanexa VA. About 20 miles from Williamsburg to visit my daughter.

(This is an error. Lanexa VA was the first stop then Roanoke VA on down Rt.81 to TN.)

Logans Roanoke VA.jpg

Then on to Mount Carmel TN to visit my brother. Stopped south of Orangeburg SC to hang with a long time friend for a bit then on to Jacksonville.

Mnt Carmel TN.jpg

Spent three days with my Granddaughter who's been after me to come down for months and I finally made. Parked the trike and secured it and an hour later the rain cut loose complete with right there lightning strikes and a tornado touch down at Jacksonville Beach where my granddaughter works. Real mess. Didn't stop until about 9PM. Thought for sure the trike was going to hate me because I never got to put the cover on. It was still too hot when I parked her. Was going to do it when we got back from dinner, but didn't make it. The trike didn't blink an eye, though. Started right up and never gave me a minutes worth of trouble.

Had to stop in NC on Rt. 26 coming back and take a couple pics. That stretch of hwy is gorgeous.

Rt 26 Scenic Overlook NC.jpg Rt 26 Sceneic Overlook NC_b.jpg

Continued to reverse the trip and had to stop for breakfast at Hornes Restaurant in Port Royal VA.

Hornes Port Royal VA.jpg

If it weren't for those pesky bills I've got to pay I could have kept going while I was in FL. I have friends and family scattered throughout the state. The Freewheeler ran like a swiss watch the whole time. All in all a 2400 mile trip covering 9 states. Loved it.

Just got back from a 10 day trip to Jacksonville FL. (Jack, I'll PM you later with my apologies.) Was one step ahead of some nasty weather the entire trip, but was beautiful most of the time. Stopped for lunch in Roanoke VA at a Logans Roadhouse I like. Went from there to Lanexa VA. About 20 miles from Williamsburg to visit my daughter.

View attachment 109613

Then on to Mount Carmel TN to visit my brother. Stopped south of Orangeburg SC to hang with a long time friend for a bit then on to Jacksonville.

View attachment 109614

Spent three days with my Granddaughter who's been after me to come down for months and I finally made. Parked the trike and secured it and an hour later the rain cut loose complete with right there lightning strikes and a tornado touch down at Jacksonville Beach where my granddaughter works. Real mess. Didn't stop until about 9PM. Thought for sure the trike was going to hate me because I never got to put the cover on. It was still too hot when I parked her. Was going to do it when we got back from dinner, but didn't make it. The trike didn't blink an eye, though. Started right up and never gave me a minutes worth of trouble.

Had to stop in NC on Rt. 26 coming back and take a couple pics. That stretch of hwy is gorgeous.

View attachment 109615 View attachment 109616

Continued to reverse the trip and had to stop for breakfast at Hornes Restaurant in Port Royal VA.

View attachment 109617

If it weren't for those pesky bills I've got to pay I could have kept going while I was in FL. I have friends and family scattered throughout the state. The Freewheeler ran like a swiss watch the whole time. All in all a 2400 mile trip covering 9 states. Loved it.

👍👍….

Other than two nice days since I've been back from FL the weathers been rain and general crappiness. So if I can't ride I can spend time in my favorite room.

View attachment 109693

Funny u talk about the rain, as u know your trip here was pretty rainy, Today was the first day since that it has been sunny, I took advantage of that with a ride to St Augustine;)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png