What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

where are you staying while in the area ? Make sure you have a mask. Last I heard they were used at the AF museum. There are several motels on Miller lane ,Dayton. many eating places. There is a Comfort right up the street from AF but kinda high dollar

Dyna Beads Questions

If I remove the valve stem now that the beads are in the tires, with the valve above 9 or 3 o'clock, will the air coming out of the tire carry some of the beads with it????

The reason I ask, I want to remove the air and put nitrogen into the tires as recommended by Innovative Balancing, the makers of Dyna Beads. They recommend Nitrogen because there is very little moisture to gum up the beads.

If I remove the valve stem now that the beads are in the tires, with the valve above 9 or 3 o'clock, will the air coming out of the tire carry some of the beads with it????

The reason I ask, I want to remove the air and put nitrogen into the tires as recommended by Innovative Balancing, the makers of Dyna Beads. They recommend Nitrogen because there is very little moisture to gum up the beads.

Let the air out with the valve stems in then after all Air is out just unscrew the valve stems...👌

Why not just depress the schrader valve with a pencil type tire gauge or
ZAW173001.jpg
the bleed off valve on one of these?

After ride repairs

1250 mile trip. Wards fans quit working on the temperature switch , bypassed to keep cool. Today I cleaned the connections and back in business. Wasn’t happy with highway pegs position so moved them and went for test ride an a fill up. Sounded fine on ride to station. Heard a rattle on start up. Exhaust bracket 1 bolt out on transmission side and bolt out on the head pipe side. So exhaust has to come off for repair. Good thing I still have a 2 wheeler for back up. Still a slight weep from the head breathers banjo bolts.

Why not just depress the schrader valve with a pencil type tire gauge or
ZAW173001.jpg
the bleed off valve on one of these?

The only place I know to get the Nitrogen is Big O. I really don't want them to have to wait while all the air goes out through the valve. I sent a question request to Innovative Balancing (Dyna Beads) to see what they say. I suspect they are gonna say with the filtered valve stems, I shouldn't have an issue ... only ... I didn't put the filtered valve stems in .... :blush:

The only place I know to get the Nitrogen is Big O. I really don't want them to have to wait while all the air goes out through the valve. I sent a question request to Innovative Balancing (Dyna Beads) to see what they say. I suspect they are gonna say with the filtered valve stems, I shouldn't have an issue ... only ... I didn't put the filtered valve stems in .... :blush:

You mean you didn't follow directions !!??:confused: shame shame :laugh:

Maybe so but now he has the wrong valve stem in.

Yep ... on the advice of several members here ... that advised me that they have never used the filtered ones and I didn't need them. Innovative Balancing did not say they were necessary, just recommended.

So, let that be a lesson ... info here is not Gospel. Every once in awhile, you will get the wrong advice.

Old Navy saying ... "You get what you inspect, not expect."

Been a long time since I installed those, but I think they are different to help keep beads from getting stuck in stem & allowing air to bleed off :confused::confused:

Been a long time since I installed those, but I think they are different to help keep beads from getting stuck in stem & allowing air to bleed off :confused::confused:

I did get a response from Innovative Balancing. Basically, they said that if I just loosened the valve until air leaked, there shouldn't be an issue. I ordered the filtered valve stems and a new valve removal tool ... the one I got from Dad broke when I was putting back into the stems, had to snug them up with just a valve cap that had a removal tool built in.

I will wait to get the valves, then slowly bleed the air, install the filtered valves, then do the Nitrogen. Apparently, you can bleed the air faster with the filtered valves.

Wouldn't of been a big deal if I didn't want to add Nitrogen.

Been doing a lot of different tests on the Tri Glide the last couple of months...heat run comparisons with an M8 Softail, and a ton of suspension testing.

Did an oil change last weekend...took the time to do a video (that should be out soon) on how to clean a permanent performance oil filter.

Going to wash it tomorrow for the first time in months. Loving how well the ceramic coating is working.

Kevin

Last edited:
Reactions: MDO

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png