What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

I did get a response from Innovative Balancing. Basically, they said that if I just loosened the valve until air leaked, there shouldn't be an issue. I ordered the filtered valve stems and a new valve removal tool ... the one I got from Dad broke when I was putting back into the stems, had to snug them up with just a valve cap that had a removal tool built in.

I will wait to get the valves, then slowly bleed the air, install the filtered valves, then do the Nitrogen. Apparently, you can bleed the air faster with the filtered valves.

Wouldn't of been a big deal if I didn't want to add Nitrogen.

When I bought my Dyna Beads, the stems were included. 3-4 yrs ago. Must be like HD cutting items off to save a nickle. I bought them 2 separate times. Once for the trike , liked them, so bought them for the truck also. Both times the valve stems were included.

Reactions: MDO
When I bought my Dyna Beads, the stems were included. 3-4 yrs ago. Must be like HD cutting items off to save a nickle. I bought them 2 separate times. Once for the trike , liked them, so bought them for the truck also. Both times the valve stems were included.

Like every thing else .. we've become an a'la cart world. Sad part ... as usual ... would of saved time and money by just doing it right the first time. Paid shipping twice ... :Shrug:

Exhaust off to replace lost transmission bolt holding exhaust bracket. Clean and polish mufflers

Last edited:

I kind of swore off eBay for awhile ... too likely to get knocks offs, still my first looking pl\ace for used stuff ... :D

Oh yea ... almost forgot, did get a response form innovative balancing, Basically saying that you can do the Dyna Beads without the filtered valve stems, but, it will take lots longer to remove air as you have to go slow through the valve with the valve at 10 0or 2. With the filtered valve stems, you can bleed the air much quicker through the valve, but, with the beads if you just remove the valve at full pressure, no matter what valve is in there, you will get beads coming out.

Well for the last two weeks the new oil coolers return line was working loose enough to just put a film of oil on the connection. After lookingf and adjusting it 4 or 5 time. Yesterday I shorten the return hose 3/4 " wala shazam stopped working loose no more oily smear on the cooler. Who would have thought we test rode today 225 miles clean no oil. :good:Ride safe Fred

Got bored so i took a ride to a Harley dealer who is open on Sunday and bought a 3 pocket windshield bag...Had one on my 11 Tri.. Missed it on my 17....Comes in handy for my Sunglasses..And other small stuff...

Do you keep coins in one pocket to pay for all those toll roads up there .....:Shrug:

Nope — EZ pass it :clapping: Only have one privately owned bridge , cash only.

Every one needs a windshield bag , Everyone has Stuff !

Yep stuff......But i don't carry the EZ Pass...No need to my license plate is my EZ Pass a plate reader reads the plate and every month charges the fee to my credit card and mails me a receipt.....Easy Peasy.....

The cash bridge at Dingmans Ferry i haven't been over that one in ten years....

Got bored so i took a ride to a Harley dealer who is open on Sunday and bought a 3 pocket windshield bag...Had one on my 11 Tri.. Missed it on my 17....Comes in handy for my Sunglasses..And other small stuff...

Do you keep coins in one pocket to pay for all those toll roads up there .....:Shrug:

I keep a rubber coin pouch for the tolls, a flashlight, my garage door opener and a Velcro strip for the front brake.

Oh, and an instruction sheet on using the mechanical reverse in case I leave it for service. I make SURE to tell them about it so they won't lock it up.

I don't know how I could ride without a windshield pockets. I have everything in mine. I periodically need to take inventory and sort what I have. Although I will not store Ammo in there get a little hot at times. The one that I have now is velcro closure, not if it is the best any better types out there? Ride safe Fred

I don't know how I could ride without a windshield pockets. I have everything in mine. I periodically need to take inventory and sort what I have. Although I will not store Ammo in there get a little hot at times. The one that I have now is velcro closure, not if it is the best any better types out there? Ride safe Fred

The one i just got has magnetic closures.....Too new to tell if they're better' But as of now they snap shut with authority....:Shrug:...The one i had on my 2011 had turn buckles , Also because my 19 has the vent on the fairing the pockets are a just little smaller..

Question about tire pressures

Took Kira on a 50ish mile ride ... on the way home stopped and got a cashier's check. The gals at the bank all wanted to hold her ... She gets a little excited when she "meets" new folks, and has an accident on them ... Everyone I know knows that, and I didn't think to mention it to the banking girls ... :blush:

So, back to the tire pressure question. I haven't put "air" in my tires in probably close to 10 years. I can't seem to figure out how much to allow for warm up. I fill the front to 38# cold and it'll go to 42# when hot. I fill it to 36# and it will only go to 38# when hot.

When I say cold and hot, I'm talking before a ride and after. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how much the pressures vary. That's the big reason I'm going back to Nitrogen. I'm guessing it fluctuates so much due to the small volume, as compared to the rears?

Took Kira on a 50ish mile ride ... on the way home stopped and got a cashier's check. The gals at the bank all wanted to hold her ... She gets a little excited when she "meets" new folks, and has an accident on them ... Everyone I know knows that, and I didn't think to mention it to the banking girls ... :blush:

So, back to the tire pressure question. I haven't put "air" in my tires in probably close to 10 years. I can't seem to figure out how much to allow for warm up. I fill the front to 38# cold and it'll go to 42# when hot. I fill it to 36# and it will only go to 38# when hot.

When I say cold and hot, I'm talking before a ride and after. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how much the pressures vary. That's the big reason I'm going back to Nitrogen. I'm guessing it fluctuates so much due to the small volume, as compared to the rears?

Nitrogen does not permeate the rubber like air does and is not as affected by the heat cycles the tire goes thru. The old rule of thumb with air is expect up to 10 percent more pressure with a hot reading. With Nitrogen, set it and forget it, try not to get in the habit of topping off with air

Nitrogen in ''Car'' tires was an sales $gimmick$ thought up by a savvy Florida car dealership back in the 70's for the old retired people...He would tell them your tires will last longer and you will get better gas milage...Always a worry for old retired people that drive less than a few thousand miles a year...:laugh:....

Now he's got them...At the time there wasn't any one else who sold nitrogen, So a tire looks low..Go back to him$$.....Got a flat go back to him$$...The flat tire has to be replaced go back to him$$....Need new tires from Sun rot go back to him$$.....

The worst thing is to Not to have to check your tires every now and then' Thinking Nitrogen is the best thing to happen to man since shaving cream was put in a aerosol can.....:D...

Almost got hit today.

Ya know, I've only ever owned three trikes. Two Tri Glides and a Champion conversion of an 08 Gold Wing.

Both Tri Glides the brakes were/are awesome (not ditzing Gold Wings, I love them). The Gold Wing Conversion never seemed to stop as quickly. I did new shoes, bleed the snot out of them and still not as sharp as the Harley brakes.

This morning I was glad they are good brakes. I was the third vehicle in the right lane at a stoplight. After we started off when the light turned green. the third vehicle in the left lane just came into my lane. I'm guessing we were doing maybe 25-30 mph when she decided I didn't need my lane at all.

I saw her coming, slammed on the brakes and veered to the right totally avoiding impact. Of course she didn't even acknowledge the horn blast that I gave as I was swerving.

I caught up with her at the next light, she rolled down her window and apologized, I told her I'd be praying for her to be safe and not kill anyone in the future, Kira just barked at her :D.

Okay, so after that, Kira and I stopped at a O'Reilly's to get some windshield washer fluid for my up coming trip. When we left. and started the Trike, it struggled and the message "V Inner" scrolled across the screen. Hmmm .... never saw that before. Googled it and as far as I can tell, it means low voltage. I also checked for codes and got several. Low Voltage was the theme. So, I guess after my trip, I will need to put a new battery in the old girl (the trip does not involve the Trike) .... It is the OEM battery, so, I guess 6-7 years is a good life from an OEM battery.

Now I need to start reading the threads of which battery to buy. Just always used OEM and they have been good to me, so, probably just stick with OEM.

Ya know, I've only ever owned three trikes. Two Tri Glides and a Champion conversion of an 08 Gold Wing.

Both Tri Glides the brakes were/are awesome (not ditzing Gold Wings, I love them). The Gold Wing Conversion never seemed to stop as quickly. I did new shoes, bleed the snot out of them and still not as sharp as the Harley brakes.

This morning I was glad they are good brakes. I was the third vehicle in the right lane at a stoplight. After we started off when the light turned green. the third vehicle in the left lane just came into my lane. I'm guessing we were doing maybe 25-30 mph when she decided I didn't need my lane at all.

I saw her coming, slammed on the brakes and veered to the right totally avoiding impact. Of course she didn't even acknowledge the horn blast that I gave as I was swerving.

I caught up with her at the next light, she rolled down her window and apologized, I told her I'd be praying for her to be safe and not kill anyone in the future, Kira just barked at her :D.

Okay, so after that, Kira and I stopped at a O'Reilly's to get some windshield washer fluid for my up coming trip. When we left. and started the Trike, it struggled and the message "V Inner" scrolled across the screen. Hmmm .... never saw that before. Googled it and as far as I can tell, it means low voltage. I also checked for codes and got several. Low Voltage was the theme. So, I guess after my trip, I will need to put a new battery in the old girl (the trip does not involve the Trike) .... It is the OEM battery, so, I guess 6-7 years is a good life from an OEM battery.

Now I need to start reading the threads of which battery to buy. Just always used OEM and they have been good to me, so, probably just stick with OEM.

7 Years on the OEM....Get another one....To Paraphrase ...

Stay with the one who took you to the dance......

And as far as blowing the horn....It is only used as an after thought, Or out of frustration ...:D...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png