What did you do to your Trike this week?

I have to do the same thing, but it is raining in NH, go figure! No way to do it inside, so I will wait for a good day!

What do you use for oil, Shell Rotella T-6 and Fram filter on my GL-1800. Change it more than I have to. You can go 10,000, but lots of time, don't pass 6,000. I wonder if the new oil which can go one year works on a motorcycle? They say Mobil 1 can go 15,000 in a car.

Rosy

Zook did it again

Last spring had to have a new caliper put on my Hannigan trike. Now I have a red caliper and a new one, So, I will get some caliper paint and match the red one. Also paint the hub black to make it look purty! I know some trikers think this is foolish to make your trike look pretty, but it makes it mine.

Last winter's project was to hook my trunk door to the side cover display when open. Ran out of time finding the plug, rewiring the switch, and fitting the wires. Had some great help from fellow trikers in trying to figure out where the plug was for the hookup. Never found it under the seat, so I was advised it may be hiding under the upper trunk, or in the recess areas around the seat. So, with winter being so long, snowy, cold, and me just getting back from my "adventure" (that's another story) since December 8th, we are going to "try" and tackle these projects before spring.

Hope your "projects" go well for you.

Rosy

I drove 2000 miles to have Randy do his magic too my new Road Smith trike and it was well worth it and then some.

THANKS ZOOK YOU ARE THE # 1 MAN IN THE TRIKE WORLD BIG DENNY.

I drove 2000 miles to have Randy do his magic too my new Road Smith trike and it was well worth it and then some.

THANKS ZOOK YOU ARE THE # 1 MAN IN THE TRIKE WORLD BIG DENNY.

Thanks for the kind words Denny. I had a blast hanging out with you and Linda....we ate well and the trike came out real nice too.

denny vtx1.jpg

I started last week and finished today, replaced the air filter, changed the oil and oil filter, changed the coolant. new plugs, installed mic mutes, PTT/volume control for passenger, new LED flasher and a back rest. Done for awhile I think.

WOW, had my shop put the Hannigan fork extensions on, which was not done when the trike was built years ago, what a difference it made. A better ride, softer, and I can't believe how much easier it is to turn the front wheel, I can do finger rolls with it! LOL

Had my swing arm and u-joint greased, as per Hannigan's maintainace schedule, tuner said old grease looked good coming out, so everything internal was fine. Keep the maintainace schedule and you should have no problems. Great!

Had the Honda brake recall done at the same time. Replaced a couple of items in the brake system and bled the whole system. New clutch fluid was done.

So, now to change my oil and filter, give it a good wash, pack my Donkey trailer bearings, and we should be ready to go to the Americade.

Also to do is replace my air filter, can't let the shop do it, because a couple years ago, my alternator let go on a trip, took it to the nearest shop, they broke my cowl tabs and they said they found it that way, couldn't prove it, so had to jury-rig new screws to hold cowl on, or pay over $500 for a new cowl. It would have taken the shop a lot longer to change filter, and at $85 per hour, I will try and do it myself!

If anyone out in TT land had their tabs rebuilt with epoxy, please let me know how you did it. I will try and replace the screws with the OEM ones if possible.

Thanks,

Rosy

Having owned my trike for 5 years with the stock front end and never riding with a raked tree, I really don't know how the front end should feel. That being said, it turns quicker with less movement of the bars and feels heavier than I expected, so I need to get used to the changes in the feel. I also need to buy a taller windshield with a curve, right now bugs are hitting about cheek and eye level. So the testing continues.

Love it, built it and they will come! Field of Dreams to have a nice lift to make work on the trike a lot easier. At 73, getting up and down starts to get harder, that's the time you sue the city for building the sidewalks further from your B___! LOL 😜

Please let us know how it rides.

Need to put longer fork extensions on my Hannigan, will it make the ride better, I am sure it will, but it rides great right now..Better! WOW! We will see!

Rosy

Having owned my trike for 5 years with the stock front end and never riding with a raked tree, I really don't know how the front end should feel. That being said, it turns quicker with less movement of the bars and feels heavier than I expected, so I need to get used to the changes in the feel. I also need to buy a taller windshield with a curve, right now bugs are hitting about cheek and eye level. So the testing continues.

Sonny I went to a flat top I'm 5'8" and use a 9" windshield several Manf. out there good luck in you search. Ride safely Fred

Attachments

• DSC00268.JPG
    DSC00268.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 185
IMG_3077.JPG

Some people do not like this type of windshield because they have to look through it. I have been riding for years with it and it gives great protection for everything you throw at it. Rain goes over us when riding, and bugs do not have a chance to get to my glasses!

That is why many windshield manufacturers are still in business, because there are not two people who like the same thing! LOL

Good luck in finding yours, I am sure when you do, you will say, That's the one!

Rosy

I was going to something to my trike, And as i went down to my garage where i have it parked, I totally forgot what i was gonna do to it...But i did walk down the stairs and into the garage and stare at it for a few minutes trying to figure out why i walk down to the trike. , So i guess that does count as doing something to it' Right?:xzqxz:

I keep telling you guys, it is the door jams that steal our thoughts away! In a room you remember, but as soon as you walk pass a door jam, Wham, your thoughts are gone.

I bet we can stand in that room for hours and remember, but as soon as you walk into another room, thought is gone, just like a magic hand has wiped your mind clean, and no matter what you do, you just can't remember! BUT, at 2AM, while you are laying there in bed, Lo and behold, you remember, because the door jams relax their hold on you!

Those are my thoughts, and I am sticking to it! :Joker3:

Rosy

Rosy, I Whole-Heartedly agree with you, Its been found that passing though a doorway triggers what is known as an ''Event Boundary''in the mind, That separates one set of thoughts and memories from the next. Your brain files away the thoughts you had in the previous room and prepares a blank state for the new local...So its not that were-are [As my Kids say] ''Getting old''.... Its those Dam doors......:mad::gah:

I decided to do away with the manual primary chain adjuster for a hydraulic one. Being the old Evo needs to be adjusted every 5k or so. Been collecting the parts for a couple of months thought i would put on a new primary cover while doing the job. Went pretty smooth primed the pump sits in the oil, down pressure on the shoe from the chain pumps it up just like on the lifters. Trike runs quite no chain noise much smoother shifts with no slack now. Pretty happy for the 200 bucks laid out with free labor.:Drsz_20170528_154214.jpgrsz_20170528_154315.jpgrsz_20170528_154803.jpg

Took the "dust" cap off the Donkey trailer to repackage the bearings, the grease looked it was put in yesterday, brand new. Don't use it much, so put the dust cap back on and said, next year we will do it. It is kept under cover, So weather really doesn't get to it...

Rosy

Holly Molly.. Time goes by so quickly!

Changed my oil yesterday, and while I was laying on the pavement waiting for my oil to weep out, notice the Front tire. I said, I put that tire on at 41,000 and now I have 64,000 and it still looks like the t will roll for another 5,000 miles. Great! NOT So Great, the born date was staring me in the face, 10/11, Whoa, can't be right, rose up and looked at it again, Yup, that's correct. Yikes, it is about time I consider putting on a new front tire!

Now the fun begins, what tire to put on...Have been reading your wonderful articles on various tires out there from my Michelin Pilot Ativ to the new Avon trike Tyre! So, now to get serious, what to put on, who has an Avon, how many miles do you have on it and what do you expect for total mileage? I know what my Michelin has done, yes, the Michelin is not the softest tire out there, but, do you trade a soft ride for mileage? Does $ rule, or comfort! Let me know!! 👍 👎

Rosy

Rosy 23k on the front tire, I would say pretty good. How has your ride been? Hard to trade a known for an unknown. Sounds like you have some more research to do to get to that final decision.:xzqxz:

Back