What fuel do you use?

I wouldn't say we have full service stations but we do have stations where THEY pump the fuel. I've never seen a single one pop the hood for a look in there though. Guess if you ask they might but I'm usually on my bike any time I've been forced to use that station. And wouldn't you know, I have to pump my own anyway.:xzqxz:

I ride a Wing so I only use regular. Every study ever conducted has indicated that using a grade more than your manufacturer recommends is a waste of money.

1999 Goldwing 1500

I use regular, no problems at all. I tried 93 octane and did not see any difference in fuel mileage or performance.

Highest Octane available!

Reading some for the post about gas mileage and aux fuel tanks got me thinking. I know a dangerous. So here’s my question. Which octane do you use 85-87, 88-90, or 91-94 rating? Please include your bike type and fuel type.

Enjoy the ride and be safe!

Robert

Im riding a 2017FLHXS with SnS 465 camchest and a 2021 triglide 114 , both get the highest octane available at whatever station I happen to be in. Anything less and we get the ping/knock. I've never put additives as gas doesnt stay in my tanks very long:D

I have used both 87 & 93 and found no difference except for cost......:laugh:

Guess I should see the manual and see what it says to use....:Shrug:

My manual says minimum of 90... usually use 93 as 90 isn't available locally. 91 to 93 when traveling. Tried 89, it pings/knocks.

Now that I have the 117 motor I'm still using Shell Ethanol free 90 octane, if we're not near home then it's 93.

I try to use 91-93 octane fuel, but only if it is a dedicated hose for that blend, otherwise you're just getting the 87 octane that was in the hose before you start receiving what you paid for. Very few ethanol-free pumps around here, but I always buy it when I find it. JMHO.

Usually Marathon 91 ethanol free when running local.

Prefer Marathon, Shell or BP Premium in that order when on the road but will run what I can get that is 90+ if necessary.

Bob

When I had my 1997 wing I always used premium. I assume because it had carbs it ran poorly on regular gas. When I got my 2017 I started using premium but after reading the manual I switched to regular and never noticed any difference.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rramo
Back