What GPS?

I do like the blue tooth technology on the Zumo 550. I will not talk on it as the only thing I have done is sync my cell phone to it while I am traveling. If someone needs to get in touch with me my Garmin screen will display who is calling me by the address book which is stored in my cell phone.

I now have the option of pulling off to the side of the road and calling the person back.

Received this in the mail today. Top quality, looks great, functions as advertised. American ingenuity at its finest. Full instructions including suggestions on wiring to MC headlight so you don't have to recharge. Highly recommended.

Recently lost my trusted friend the I-Way 600 just a few weeks before I was set to leave on what turned out to be a 10,360 mile trip out west. I pulled the plug and went with the Zumo 665. First time with a Garmin product and I must say that it has begun to grow on me. I have the Bluetooth, XM, and Weather and the weather feture alone was really worth it for me. Over the course of those 10,360 miles I only got wet once, and that only last for half the day.

I have a Garmin ZUMO 450 (no longer available in the ZUMO Lineup) that is rapidly headin' for it's 4th Birthday....thousands of miles, rainstorms, heat, and cold (have had ice hangin' off of it), and has been flawless through it all. The ZUMOS are really hard to beat.....:wtg:

I have a older style Garmin 2610 That has done well through the years. I added a Zumo 660. This is really great. No need to send routes to it, it will find it quick and easy. If you want a custom map then you should send it to the gps. Lane assist, is very helpful. Not everywhere yet but it is being adding by cites.

I have a Road Tech zumo 660 that I bought when I had a Harley. It's a fine GPS with a directory of Harley dealers that I don't want - Garmin says I can't remove the directory but that of course is no big deal. One of the best accessories I've come across in my short triking career is the Texelent mounting bar for my Gold Wing. It puts the GPS right where I want it plus there's plenty of room to mount other accessories to that same bar.

I have the Zumo 660 for over 1 year, really love it, but wish I would have sprung the extra for the Zumo 665, been thinking about getting XM Radio, and the Zumo 660 does not have that capability. On occasion it does freeze up, but I contribute the freeze to MP3's that I have stored on it, little over 1100 of them. I just turn it off and it restarts just fine.

We have been looking at the Garmin web-site and you can specifically pick what your needs are and what are not. We've narrowed it down to the Garmin Nuvi 2460LMT, listed for $299.00 at Best Buy. The ONLY difference between that one and the Zumo offered from H-D is the Harley name, not waterproof, and not all the H-D dealerships are not loaded in the Nuvi. And the Nuvi is half price too! Actually more than half price!! My question is will the Nuvi GPS fit the fairing mount kit for the H-D Zumo? If anyone knows let me know!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png