What's your monthly average mileage for triking?

What's your monthly triking mileage?

• Less than 100

Votes: 17 5.1%
  • 100 to 199

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • 200 to 299

Votes: 32 9.7%
  • 300 to 399

Votes: 36 10.9%
  • 400 to 499

Votes: 34 10.3%
  • 500 to 699

Votes: 64 19.3%
  • 700 to 899

Votes: 29 8.8%
  • more than 900!

Votes: 100 30.2%

• Total voters
I bought my 2011 TriGlide Feb 21. As of today it has 9640 miles on it. I have not been able to ride as much as I normally ride this summer however due to weather and health reasons. :)

We have had the Trike 10 months and turned 5500 this weekend = aver 550 per month. We ride more in spring and fall than in cole winter and very hot summer here. Plan to ride more next year.

just sayin jt

I have had my GW12 trike 9 weeks an have 16,000 miles..........last yr rode 72820 miles on two wheels an have 73,000 miles on 2 wheels this yr an a total of 1,520,000 for life time ridin for something like 33,00 per yr.
Hisst

I have had my GW12 trike 9 weeks an have 16,000 miles..........last yr rode 72820 miles on two wheels an have 73,000 miles on 2 wheels this yr an a total of 1,520,000 for life time ridin for something like 33,00 per yr.
Hisst

welcome aboard. when did you have time for the computer? thats some real serious riding.

I guess we`re all crazy. I`ve had my GL 1800 with new CSC conversion for 3 months and I`ve put 11,000 miles on mine. Just lovin it!

Geeeze! Compared to all of you (well, except for the other 10 people with 100-200/mo) I feel like a slacker. I guess my trike will wind up being one of those mint pieces people find under old canvas tarps in barns with barely any miles on them. I must say though, I have ridden this 3 wheeler more since I've had it than any of my other 2 wheeler's. And more importantly these have been the most miles overall with my funny little Honey behind me which is better than anything I could have hoped for.

Maybe this year will be more than my average. Time permitting, I hope.
Rob

Fascinating discussion, but I don’t think there’s any right or wrong here. Like Rich, my riding is dictated by my priorities.

My Sunday School teaching and other church activities limit our riding on a Sunday to short local rides after church and that changes only on rare well planned exceptions. With those obligations, we pretty much eliminate ourselves from most organized group rides.

My other free time revolves heavily around family, primarily involving my grandchildren, which again, by my choice, limits my riding time. Because the grandkids are not local, particularly the ones in SC, I will frequently trailer the trike. That, by the way brings out a lot of other critical comments from riders.

We do try to plan two extended riding trips a year, but we also enjoy trailering to a “base motel” (we’re not campers) and touring out from there in multiple directions. That gives us the option of using the truck for day trips, such as we did in freezing rain in VT.

IMHO riders should not ever let the opinions or activities of others either dictate their own actions, nor should they feel the need to justify not doing so. We paid a lot of money for what we ride and that gives us the right to ride however, whenever and as often as we prefer.

As with many others, I don’t ride near as much as I would prefer, but I do enjoy every minute of the riding experience. I can honestly say however, that I enjoy those times when I don’t ride just as much (well…most of the time anyway!).
:Flag:

My wife and I do the same thing you are doing, and having a blast doing it. Easier and a lot more fun than the old iron butt rides we used to go on. My money, our machine, our way of doing things i our 60's. keep it up.

Originally Posted by BlueTrinity, I will frequently trailer the trike. That, by the way brings out a lot of other critical comments from riders.

We do try to plan two extended riding trips a year, but we also enjoy trailering to a “base motel” (we’re not campers) and touring out from there in multiple directions. That gives us the option of using the truck for day trips, such as we did in freezing rain in VT.

My wife and I do the same thing you are doing, and having a blast doing it. Easier and a lot more fun than the old iron butt rides we used to go on. My money, our machine, our way of doing things i our 60's. keep it up.

I'm with you guys, the iron butt days and camping are long long behind us. It's all about comfort now, and security for our trike. I like using the enclosed trailer for extended vacations simply because finding a place to stay with a garage is almost always impossible. Sure, this cuts down on the total miles on the odometer (which seems to be a sin with some of the guys I ride with, like it is a contest or something) but the morning dew mixed with salt air on the eastern shore or beaches we like to frequent can wreak havoc on bare metal parts and aluminum. We also do country/mountain vacations and falling pine cones will dent a tank quick and tree sap is just pain nasty. All of which my friends complain about non stop.

I prefer my ride to look like day one new when I come out in the morning to get on it, and don't want to waste time washing it. I know it's frowned upon (trailering, especially a trike) to say the least, but you know what, to each their own. Ask me if I care what you think, no wait, DILLIGAF?

Rob

but 50,0000 km a year,,,,for about 5 month,,,, i am retiered and i sold my patio chair,,,,,hi hi hi :D:10::GL1800:

but 50,0000 km a year,,,,for about 5 month,,,, i am retiered and i sold my patio chair,,,,,hi hi hi :D:10::GL1800:

i do most of my drive alone,and sleep back home,,,,,,sometime go to far and end up sleeping very early morning!!!!:Coffee::D

Back