Winter Project

Man, wish I could do what you are doing. No way!!!! I am a total dunce when it comes to mechanicing. So, being a dunce I can ask, what is a delrin disk? What does it do?

Thanks for the positive comments!

I took the front wheel in today to have a new tire put on. I went with the Battlax BT45 and am having it mounted in normal rotation.

Jackpoet, I didn't know what a Delrin Disk or a rzeppa joint was until I looked into doing this project.

Delrin is a registered trademark for a crystalline plastic that has good wear and abrasion properties.

The disk fits in the center of the adapter (see picture) and serves a duel purpose.

First it provides a wear point for the tail end of the drive shaft. You can see in the picture where the drive shaft has been wearing into the adapter.

The drive shaft is connected to the rzeppa joint (CV Joint) with a snap ring. The disk forces the drive shaft forward so that the bearings in the rzeppa joint are centered and also pushes the front of the drive shaft further into the yoke (universal joint assembly) for a more secure connection.

Not the best explanation, but I hope you get the idea.

P1000032_zps0d95f947.jpg

DSCN0151_zps8371c9c7.jpg

Brother and i got out for a short ride. The temp was about 34* and there was frost on the road where the trees hid it from the sun.

Spent as much time cleaning them after as we did riding them.

BTW..... Love the Trike!

Re: Body/Ground Effects Repair

Chose to do the repair work on the running boards myself. Figured that they were going to be covered with a spray-on bed liner, so didn't need to be as perfect.

DSCN0036_zps114fb35b.jpg
[/QUOTE]

What brand of spray-on bed liner paint did you use??

Well I liked what you have done! Next question is WHEN can you do mine? just need the running boards, but a new paint job would be nice too ! ThumbUp:D That really would give me an excuse to bring the wife up for a couple of weeks on a road trip!! Hopefully you have a good campground up there, so we could brind the new bunkhouse up and do some camping in the late spring !!:D

Not a big fan of running boards ( aqua Shields ) but after seeing yours in Black I liked it. Body color makes the trike look to big IMHO. I already get the " why didn't u just by a Miata . " looks good nice ;)job...

Not a big fan of running boards ( aqua Shields ) but after seeing yours in Black I liked it. Body color makes the trike look to big IMHO. I already get the " why didn't u just by a Miata . " looks good nice ;)job...

Thanks John!

I like things that are functional. To have running boards that are not usable is like having a pretty woman in a glass case. Nice to look at but not good for much else.

I did some work on my running boards to make them weight bearing and added the Comfort Controls to put the rear brake and shifter down and forward. This allows me to put my feet where they are more comfortable.

It actually does make the trike feel bigger or more roomy.

I like the idea of coating the Aqua Shields, Wing Boards or what ever your running boards are called with a product such as LINE-X! ThumbUp

Not only for the protection it provides, but in my opinion it looks great as well! ;)

This might be a small project for me as well in the future, We'll see,,,.

I like the idea of coating the Aqua Shields, Wing Boards or what ever your running boards are called with a product such as LINE-X! ThumbUp

Not only for the protection it provides, but in my opinion it looks great as well! ;)

This might be a small project for me as well in the future, We'll see,,,.

I think that it should be an option when you have your trike built. It is less expensive and more durable then paint.

BTW..... It was your posts that got me looking at the Comfort Controls..... Thank you!

I think that it should be an option when you have your trike built. It is less expensive and more durable then paint.

BTW..... It was your posts that got me looking at the Comfort Controls..... Thank you!

I agree 100% about the LINE-X or equivalent being an option.

As far as the Comfort Controls go, no thanks needed. Glad to help. ThumbUp

I hope you found they were worth the cost regarding foot/leg comfort. I still think it was a worth-while option.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yantwohands

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yantwohands
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png