Snowbird Welcome Rally 2013

My wife Christine and my self will not be able to make like we had planned. We wanted to meet you folks and enjoy in some good conversation,but it's not in the immediate plans. Hope y'all have a good time and best wishes to everyone.

Randy and Crhristine

My wife Christine and my self will not be able to make like we had planned. We wanted to meet you folks and enjoy in some good conversation,but it's not in the immediate plans. Hope y'all have a good time and best wishes to everyone.

Randy and Crhristine

Randy, we will miss you but that's the way things go. Maybe next year. Ride safe and have fun ThumbUp

Restaurants on the list are:
Yoder"s Amish Restaurant ThumbUp:D
Miller's Dutch Kitchen ThumbUp:)
Jose's Real Cuban Food pepperpepper
The Old Salty Dog Cafe ThumbUpThumbUp
Cody's Roadhouse ThumbUpThumbUp:D
The Anna Maria Oyster Bar :):DThumbUp
The Broken Egg :Coffee:;):D

Yoder's, And Salty Dog have been on Travel Channel, and Jose's Real Cuban was on Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives

I like them all, Cody's gives the most bang for the buck and is a fun place. The most formal place is the Oyster Bar, Jose's is just plane good, Broke Egg is breakfast and small not to good for a crowd. Miller's has a breakfast buffet on Saturday.

What's up no more thumbs up? Now you get a blue Stallion?

FRED please leave a copy or post a copy at the front desk of all the restaurants so we can try them alll.........:wave4:

Re: Snowbird Welcome Rally 2013 Friday Morning Ride

The plan is to leave the Ramada and head north on surface streets to Rt64 west, over the bridge onto Anna Maria and go north circle the island. Head south to Cortez, go east over bridge and stop at Jose's Real Cuban for lunch. After that you can free ride, head back to the hotel, or continue back over the Cortez bridge and south down Long Boat Key to City Island and Mote Marine Lab, or the Salty Dog.
Then we could hit Lido Key, on over the Ringling Bridge, and north on 41 to the Classic Car Museaum or hotel. Clean up and dinner. We can vote on where, in the morning.

Getting close now, leaving first thing in the morning. Supposed to be around 8 deg's in the morning, looking forward to some warmer weather. We will be arriving Thursday evening.

Guys...Have been remiss in not checking the Board for awhile, so I have no one to blame but myself, Would've loved to attend the Rally in Sarasota but have prior committments. Will look forward to the Next time, Y'all have a Fun Weekend.

Ed

Just heard about this. I'm back on 2 wheels and don't frequent the board very much. I tried to make a custom google map, but either my Mac doesn't like the program or the nut behind the keyboard is loose. Anyway, I have a suggestion for a ride, one which I take frequently. We don't have many twisties here in Florida. There are a few nice curves and lot's of wide open space, farms, cows and horses on it.

Get a map, and follow Fruitville rd (rt 780) East to Vamo rd. There is a stop sign there and if you go any farther, it's a dirt road. Turn right/south at that point. (Oh, by the way. A few lights past the interstate, on Fruitville rd there is a Texaco station on the right that sells non-ethanol gas. It's the center pumps along the far side of the station.) Vamo road is renamed Myakka rd, continue on down and go on Clay Gulley rd. When you go over the bridge, slow down and look to the right. I frequently see alligators there. Many miles down the road, go straight at the stop sign at Sugerbowl rd. Stay on it until you come to the stop sign at Rt 70. Go left (west) on Rt 70 for about 10 minutes until you come to Myakka city. You'll know you're there because there is a blinker light and a gas station (full service convience store with some (not so good) food.) Turn right at the light onto Wachula rd. Watch the speed limit for the first mile. Also the first two corners frequently have some sand on the road. Continue all the way out to the stop sign at Rt 64. Turn right (east) onto 64. Continue to rt 17 in Zolpho Springs. I believe there are 2 gas stations in Zolpho Springs. But it's a small place, I wouldn't depend on them being open. Turn right (south) on Rt 17 to Arcadia. There, turn right onto Hickory street, which should be labeled Rt 70. Go through town. About a mile or less after you cross over the railroad tracks will be the intersection of Rt 72. Turn left. There is a gas station on the left corner. About 5 or 6 miles down make a left on Rt 769 It's just a small side road at that point. I believe there is a small sign that says "Port Charlotte" with a left arrow there. Stay on it until you see the Interstate. I75 will get you back to Sarasota quickly. Or you can pick up Rt 41 down the road. That's a lot slower. Some of it is 65 mph, and some of it is 35mph with stop lights. Generally, I turn around and do the ride backwards.

To do it as a big loop coming home on the interstate takes around 3 hours if you only take quick breaks for gas. There is gas, fast food, and maybe a couple of coffee shops in Arcadia. At the end by the interstate is gas, fast food, and a Cracker Barrel. If you get yourself an area map and look at my route, you can see there are any number of ways to shorten the ride by adjusting to different turns. RT 70 will get you back to Bradenton quickly, and Rt 72 will get you back to Sarasota. But those routes aren't all that pleasant.

Have fun.

Steve.

Just heard about this. I'm back on 2 wheels and don't frequent the board very much. I tried to make a custom google map, but either my Mac doesn't like the program or the nut behind the keyboard is loose. Anyway, I have a suggestion for a ride, one which I take frequently. We don't have many twisties here in Florida. There are a few nice curves and lot's of wide open space, farms, cows and horses on it.

Get a map, and follow Fruitville rd (rt 780) East to Vamo rd. There is a stop sign there and if you go any farther, it's a dirt road. Turn right/south at that point. (Oh, by the way. A few lights past the interstate, on Fruitville rd there is a Texaco station on the right that sells non-ethanol gas. It's the center pumps along the far side of the station.) Vamo road is renamed Myakka rd, continue on down and go on Clay Gulley rd. When you go over the bridge, slow down and look to the right. I frequently see alligators there. Many miles down the road, go straight at the stop sign at Sugerbowl rd. Stay on it until you come to the stop sign at Rt 70. Go left (west) on Rt 70 for about 10 minutes until you come to Myakka city. You'll know you're there because there is a blinker light and a gas station (full service convience store with some (not so good) food.) Turn right at the light onto Wachula rd. Watch the speed limit for the first mile. Also the first two corners frequently have some sand on the road. Continue all the way out to the stop sign at Rt 64. Turn right (east) onto 64. Continue to rt 17 in Zolpho Springs. I believe there are 2 gas stations in Zolpho Springs. But it's a small place, I wouldn't depend on them being open. Turn right (south) on Rt 17 to Arcadia. There, turn right onto Hickory street, which should be labeled Rt 70. Go through town. About a mile or less after you cross over the railroad tracks will be the intersection of Rt 72. Turn left. There is a gas station on the left corner. About 5 or 6 miles down make a left on Rt 769 It's just a small side road at that point. I believe there is a small sign that says "Port Charlotte" with a left arrow there. Stay on it until you see the Interstate. I75 will get you back to Sarasota quickly. Or you can pick up Rt 41 down the road. That's a lot slower. Some of it is 65 mph, and some of it is 35mph with stop lights. Generally, I turn around and do the ride backwards.

To do it as a big loop coming home on the interstate takes around 3 hours if you only take quick breaks for gas. There is gas, fast food, and maybe a couple of coffee shops in Arcadia. At the end by the interstate is gas, fast food, and a Cracker Barrel. If you get yourself an area map and look at my route, you can see there are any number of ways to shorten the ride by adjusting to different turns. RT 70 will get you back to Bradenton quickly, and Rt 72 will get you back to Sarasota. But those routes aren't all that pleasant.

Have fun.

Steve.
Thanks, Steve
We have one planned out in that area from Myakka Park out and up Sugarbowl, in on 70 , and down to Linger Lodge and then over to Sarasota, one more day!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png