rear brake pads

arnie

450+ Posts
Reaction score
I was wondering what people on here are running for rear brake pads on there triglides.It's just about that time for me to replace them.thanks

What year is your trike? Mine is a 2010 and I replaced mine with the 2011 pads they cover more area. Some people are using the Lyndel pads.

2011 i've been doing some searches on the net,but i was just wondering what people on here was using.thanks bullet

I didnt like the lyndalls..Went with ebc brakes..or you can go back to the harley pads they have been superceeded a few times now..

how are your rotors..Most of the trikes have trashed rotors on the early models not sure about the newer models..

Well the dealer said my rotors were good.They wore evenly & are not grooved.If the aftermarkets aren't any better then i'll go back with the oem's.I'll have 15,000 miles on these when i change them,just thought i could get something to last a lil longer.

You did real good on the brakes..you will have to readjust the parking brake when new pads are put on the bike

Just had My rotors replaced 2 months ago. Mechanic said they were pretty grooved and assumed dirt had gotten up in crappy pads and done it.
On another note. Seems like every time pads get worn on my '10 TG, H-D uses that pad kit that includes bolts, etc. Am I imagining that is a complete waste of my hard earned pennies and that I should just be able to replace pads? The tone of all these posts seems to be that.

man it so easy to change the pads if you know exactly what to do it can be done within a hour- hour and a half..
do forget to lube up the bushings..

replaced the back pads this wkend.inside lower half of pad on both sides was worn out,the rest of the pad was good,hardly any wear on the outside at all.Taking the pads to the dealer to see what could be causing this.Any thoughts?

replaced the back pads this wkend.inside lower half of pad on both sides was worn out,the rest of the pad was good,hardly any wear on the outside at all.Taking the pads to the dealer to see what could be causing this.Any thoughts?
Did you take out the bushing and grease them up..As I found mine were hard to move..
If they stick they can cause problems..

yes i did,the spacer is much easier to move now.the out side of pads were hardly worn,just the bottom of both insides.seems funny how the piston would only move the lower half.every since they replaced the belt i've had a noise in the (what sounds like rt.side)rear.it doesn't track as well as it used to either.could just be me,but something isn't quite right somewhere back there

yes i did,the spacer is much easier to move now.the out side of pads were hardly worn,just the bottom of both insides.seems funny how the piston would only move the lower half.every since they replaced the belt i've had a noise in the (what sounds like rt.side)rear.it doesn't track as well as it used to either.could just be me,but something isn't quite right somewhere back there
Just a thought how did the pistons move when you pushed them back in?? another thing is how the parking brake adjustments were before the pads were replaced??

everything should line up when you were done..

well good luck

calipers were good as was the parking brake adjustment.I took the pads to the dealer today & he told me they had no clue on what could be causing the uneveness.They also stated that alot of trikes don't get anywhere the miles i have on mine.The area rep is going to be there aug.16,or 17th.& they told me to come back up with the pads & ask him to explain.The people on here that change your own pads are they wearing evenly?

Went through many sets of rear pads with dealer, try Lyndall pads lasted longer but rotors fried out so got new set from HD and sent to Lyndall Paul crossed drilled them to cool them down seams to work got over 20k on rotors and 2 sets of pads.Lyndall now makes their own rotors gonna check them out next time.

Went through many sets of rear pads with dealer, try Lyndall pads lasted longer but rotors fried out so got new set from HD and sent to Lyndall Paul crossed drilled them to cool them down seams to work got over 20k on rotors and 2 sets of pads.Lyndall now makes their own rotors gonna check them out next time.

Their new rotors sure look nice, I'll bet the price puts your wallet on tilt.

the outboard pads dont have a piston ( pushing them ie stationary) so the inside gets all the wear.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png