Tri Glide LED Tail Lights

Ron,

Those lights look fantastic and I cannot wait to get mine.

In your video, you had a note saying the stock light was incompatible with the converter.

Can you expand on that a little bit? Do the LED lights come with some sort of converter module that either replaces an existing one or is put in-line in the lighting harness somewhere? Or are all of the electronics built in to the LED light assemblies?

The converter that comes with the new light's is about three times the size as the stock one. I installed the new converter under the seat first, then installed the right LED light. I took the video to try and show the difference in the two. That's when I realized the stock light wasn't compatible with the new converter.

Ron

Cool!!! They look just like mine!!! People will see what you are doing now fer sure.

You were right about the blue wire Trent. I don't understand why HD didn't have the wire pushed in the Deutsch connector if these are specific to Triglides????

I got everything through Kuryakyn for my 2012 tri glide front. turn signals and rear lights, had to get a relay also. took about 20minutes to install . call Kuryakyn they have the whole kit.

Hey 10...Yeah..I think you prob got the same light as me, just with the different harness and converter,,, that's what my dealer sez anyway. I am assuming the light has the blue wire unplugged for some other bike model that it possibly could go on. I reckon if it was specifically for the TG, it would already be plugged in huh?!!

Hey Guys, will the new HD led lights for the Tri Glide work with a tour pak 69200042 signel conversion kit? Thanks...
They should I have the Bad ass tail lites with the tour pack turn signal lights and they all work fine once I intsallled the load equalizer for the tail lites

Thanks. Also, there's a blue wire on the new lights that's is not connected to the plug. I gone over the install sheet and diden't see anything about it. Any thoughts???

Read some ealier posts on here...Mine were the same way...you gotta plug that blue wire in on the INSIDE of the new light before you install it. Dunno why they did that.

I had the HD LED tour-pack lights put on when I converted from bike to trike.Very happy with them and the wrap around turn signal in traffic.Also had a lighted license plate frame from Signal Dynamics Corp dual intensity for running and brake lights very happy I did.

Had the new 67800133 led lights installed. The problem is the HD Tech did not not use the big black unit that came with it. He said when he pluged it into the wire harness nothing worked. He also said it's not needed. What is the black unit, and what does it do? Thanks...

Had the new 67800133 led lights installed. The problem is the HD Tech did not not use the big black unit that came with it. He said when he pluged it into the wire harness nothing worked. He also said it's not needed. What is the black unit, and what does it do? Thanks...
wonder which side of the converter he hooked it up to could make a difference..

do your turn signals work ok??

That black box maybe a load equalizer?

That black box is a load equalizer for use with the LED tail lamps. Sounds to me like the tech doesn't know what he's doing.

All the lights flash at the same rate and look good. And yes, the black unit is a load equalizer. I did pull the seat to look for myself, and threr's only one cable to plug the equalizer into. So hopefully the tech coulden't screw it up. I wonder if it can cause any damage? Any thoughts???

I have all the HD LED lights that HD makes, with smoked lenses, all the way around my TG. Including the tourpac rack light and a 40 light front fendertip light. The only lights not LED are the front turn signals. About $2,200 worth. Never had a single problem with any of them not working correctly and have no extra equalizers or harnesses or black boxes or anything added. Dealer installed most of 'em and I did a coupla of them myself. Zero problems.

Housefire, if your turn signal lights do not flash to fast then don't worry about it. That's all the load equalizer does is put enough load in the circuit to have the flasher modual see the correct resistance. If you ever change the front lights to LED then you MIGHT need it. I have had LEDS in the back (BRIGHTASSLIGHTS) for 3 years and have not needed the equalizer.

I have heard that some bikes it works fine as for others a load equalizer is needed.

You will know when you need one. the turn signals start normal then all of a sudden they go into super sonic speed mode..I even think it messes up the security system in some way..

All the lights flash at the same rate and look good. And yes, the black unit is a load equalizer. I did pull the seat to look for myself, and threr's only one cable to plug the equalizer into. So hopefully the tech coulden't screw it up. I wonder if it can cause any damage? Any thoughts???

If you follow the wiring harness with the plug on it to the back you will find it connects to a box which has an identical plug coming out the other side, this other plug is normally hidden pretty well but its there and can be found if you follow the wires. I'd lay $100 your mechanic left his seeing eye dog home the day he worked on your trike. The box is a converter to split the normal single tail light signal of a 2 wheel bike too 2 tail lights with stop and turn function for the Triglide, the plug on each end is identical.

M3 is right, we bought the rear led taillight's from HD for my wife's 2012 Triglide. The kit came with a new larger than stock converter. you will find it ty-raped under the dome shaped frame under the passenger part of the seat.

UPDATE: Met with the service Mgr. and he called an other dealer that works on alot of TG's. They said the same thing you guys indecated. Some might need the LE and some may not. If your turn signal and emergency lights flash at the correct speed, your good to go. And yes, I do have the LED head and Aux lights. I also had them install a Kuryakyn brake light and Tour Pak brake flasher. Works great... Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png