• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

A Day in the Life...

Well, I am cutting out early today. It is Mary's bday, and it is already raining, so I'll be getting wet, but I want to beat the lighting that is on the way thru!

June%2016_zpsqycybo8n.jpg

Kevin
Please give Mary my best wishes on her 24th Birthday :birthday_balloons:Happy Birthday... Fred

Please give Mary my best wishes on her 24th Birthday :birthday_balloons:Happy Birthday... Fred

Tell Mary Happy Birthday from Jo Ann and I.

Hopefully you got home safe, also a belated Happy Birthday to Mary :birthday_balloons:

Happy Birthday to Mary.

Had the pleasure of talking to her briefly at Kerrville last year.

Wow, thank you so much for the Birthday Wishes. Hugs to everyone. Mary

And this is the reason I slow down at blind hilltops.

This morning on the way in, I topped a hill and in the middle of the road was an old hound dog, Laying down, smack dab in the middle of my lane.

I had already slowed from 65 mph to 45 mph and was covering my brakes, so I was able to slow down enough to give him time to meander off the road.

But if I had been going 65 mph when I topped the hill, pretty sure I would have hit him.

d49beab7c4dad156ad8fef4d9f588ca1.jpg

Kevin

Every summer, at some point, I wish for the cooler weather, and every winter, at some point, I wish for the warmer weather. lol

If it's how where you are today....Here's a little cool weather riding to enjoy....

Kevin
Well through my flat top windshield a little winter is fine but believe me at my age I prefer the warm sun and sweat weeding the garden and tooling around on Old Shiney... :Shrug: just sayin travel safely Fred

Last night Mary and went up to Beale Street. It was a perfect 82* on the way up, and the same 82* on the way back. :)

We got there a bit early, not too many bikes there yet.

1%20Beale%2062117_zpsmo5glmpk.jpg

Wish I had gotten a better pic of this sweet Softail Bobber.

2%20Beale%2062117_zpsf92xcixo.jpg

My phone camera is obviously not set up for moving pics... but this series of 4 pics taken one after another, in a 15 second period, was classic...

Big Wheel Bagger followed by....

3%20Beale%2062117_zpsmxnwhnkc.jpg

Big Wheel Tri-Glide, followed by...

4%20Beale%2062117_zpsgdin79ko.jpg

A couple of scooters, followed by...

5%20Beale%2062117_zpsx7paiith.jpg

A cop on a bicycle.

6%20Beale%2062117_zpscnaico7g.jpg

Starting to fill up now.

7%20Beale%2062117_zpsvipstvgi.jpg

We had a good meal, got to see a bunch of bikes, as always the people watching was good, and it was a great ride up and back!

Kevin

Last night Mary and went up to Beale Street. It was a perfect 82* on the way up, and the same 82* on the way back. :)

We got there a bit early, not too many bikes there yet.

1%20Beale%2062117_zpsmo5glmpk.jpg

Wish I had gotten a better pic of this sweet Softail Bobber.

2%20Beale%2062117_zpsf92xcixo.jpg

My phone camera is obviously not set up for moving pics... but this series of 4 pics taken one after another, in a 15 second period, was classic...

Big Wheel Bagger followed by....

3%20Beale%2062117_zpsmxnwhnkc.jpg

Big Wheel Tri-Glide, followed by...

4%20Beale%2062117_zpsgdin79ko.jpg

A couple of scooters, followed by...

5%20Beale%2062117_zpsx7paiith.jpg

A cop on a bicycle.

6%20Beale%2062117_zpscnaico7g.jpg

Starting to fill up now.

7%20Beale%2062117_zpsvipstvgi.jpg

We had a good meal, got to see a bunch of bikes, as always the people watching was good, and it was a great ride up and back!

Kevin

Looks like a great evening.

Yesterday I rode over to the Grand Opening of the Indian Motorcycle Dealership in Memphis, TN.

It was underwhelming.

Not a lot of folks there. They were doing no test rides.

Don't know what I expected.

Indian%20Grand%20Opening_zpsyyjsvxcu.jpg

I arrived on my Softail and left on my Softail. :)

Took the long way home thru a bunch of winding roads. Had a blast!

Kevin

Worked almost 90 hrs. last week so I had a chance to get out after 5 hrs. this morning so I took it. My wife and I took off on the Tri. Very cool wind especially when it's going to be July in a few days. We went through a small town about an hour away way' a milling operation there had an explosion a few weeks ago. 5 hard working men lost their lives in the explosion. We stopped for a minute, very sad to see all the devastation. Gives you a lot to think about and appreciate on the ride home.

Sometimes there is no good reason.

Sometimes it is just fun!

I don't even know why it is fun...I just know it is fun....

To do Burn-outs! :)

I had a great ride home yesterday...if it weren't for my adult responsibilities I would have just given in to the temptation to just keep riding til I had to stop for some sleep...might have made it as far west as Texas, or north into Indiana, or east into Georgia.

As it was I just took the long route home, and still being pumped when I pulled into the wood floor bike room...

I lit up the rear tire....

Burnout_zpsjbyahyce.jpg

hahaha, when Mary came out there she said there is some wood on fire somewhere...yeah, it was a pretty strong smell...but no fire. lol

Burnout%202_zpsrfmyxmjw.jpg

No reason, just fun! It was a good day! :)

Kevin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png