A Day in the Life...

My daughter and family came home from Montana this last weekend. I told her youngest girl that her cousin got a ride on the trike. (post #201 above) You should have seen the jealousy flare up. :) So I popped a helmet on her and she got her first ride on a Harley. Smiles all around...

Making those kind of memories for the kids is priceless! :clapping:

Kevin

Last night I left out from the shop....

730pm%207-10-17_zps7f6oqrph.jpg

...it was 72* when I arrived at 8am. Last night when I left at 7:30pm, it was still 90*. But it was a fun ride home! :)

This morning, on the way in, look what I saw right before getting to the shop...

8am%207-11-17%20a_zpsagn0opru.jpg

...from the other side. Was he texting and not paying attention? Or maybe just in a hurry and cut the corner too tight?

It's 1.5 hours later as I type this and he is still there...only thing different is there are a couple of Sheriff cars there with their lights on.

8am%207-11-17%20b_zpstuu6m136.jpg

Kevin

Yesterday morning I pulled the windshield off my Softail.....won't be putting it back on til it starts to turn cold again in the fall.

It is a very different ride without the windshield, and I enjoy it in the warmer months....bugs and all. :)

Photo taken on the ride home last night-

Softail%20Ride%20Home%207-13-17_zpsrwpzkx10.jpg

Kevin

Yesterday morning I pulled the windshield off my Softail.....won't be putting it back on til it starts to turn cold again in the fall.

It is a very different ride without the windshield, and I enjoy it in the warmer months....bugs and all. :)

Photo taken on the ride home last night-

Softail%20Ride%20Home%207-13-17_zpsrwpzkx10.jpg

Kevin

Something seriously wrong with this picture.....

Where are the pot-holes......:Shrug:

Something seriously wrong with this picture.....

Where are the pot-holes......:Shrug:

That's his driveway - you notice there's no traffic on it...:laugh:

For sure it's not in the NE ! The land of the mines :gah:

:laugh:

We do have some bad roads in N. Mississippi, but surprisingly, most of the roads are very good. :)

Might have something to do with not much traffic traveling over them. :D

Kevin

Sometimes I gotta work on the bikes instead of ride em. :)

I made a small tweak to the Sporty yesterday.

With the floorboards, I no longer need the 2" forward extensions.

Removing%202%20inch%20ext%201_zpsp438xxdr.jpg

Removing%202%20inch%20ext%202_zpspbafo4ct.jpg

So off they came...

Removing%202%20inch%20ext%203_zpsyfwrjshe.jpg

I like the floorboards even more...

Right%20Side%20Done_zpsqgyvf2z9.jpg

...without the extensions. I can still stretch out as far as I want, but they are far enough back that I can easily stand up on them while riding now.

Left%20Side%20Done_zpsdeinnhwp.jpg

Pic of them folded up.

Folds%20up_zpszxt8tuxb.jpg

Out riding...

Right%20Side%20Done%20Outside_zps1uxaxjxo.jpg

...testing them out in the new location.

Left%20Side%20Done%20Outside_zpslws6zab6.jpg

Kevin

Hello Kevin,

I hope you don't mind I'm going off topic with a question.

Where did you get that pipe wrap? Why couldn't that be used on our Trikes for rides in hot weather? It seems that might take the extra heat away from the passenger unless engine heat is finding it's way to the back.

Other brand Trikes have running boards that guard riders and passengers from the heat off the pipes. Perhaps this would be helpful and only needed on 90+ degree days? Just unwrap it when the weather cools?

Thoughts?

http://www.jpcycles.com/harley-exhaust-wrap Look here

Sorry Kevin, not tryin to hijack ur GREAT answer. Heat wrap looks old school I lke it, BUT Moisture can and will get trapped under and in the wrap. How I know is I have seen it. After riding in the rain or washing the bike. Heat wrap works GREAT on race bikes, Why? The extra heat held in helps the low pressure signal from the exhaust{ BIG INCH ENGINES} benefit from this for the extra help needed to scavenge the exhaust. Extra help is needed with big cams, they are almost always in overlap and NEED the help. JMO

Hey Kevin...so these are not as nice (compared to your scenic ride home picks Lol...see the trash cans) but it looks like I've got my own MC club started here at work. :cool: minus one Harley, he'd already left for the day...

20170718_141526-1.jpg

20170718_141518-1.jpg

Hello Kevin,

I hope you don't mind I'm going off topic with a question.

Where did you get that pipe wrap? Why couldn't that be used on our Trikes for rides in hot weather? It seems that might take the extra heat away from the passenger unless engine heat is finding it's way to the back.

Other brand Trikes have running boards that guard riders and passengers from the heat off the pipes. Perhaps this would be helpful and only needed on 90+ degree days? Just unwrap it when the weather cools?

Thoughts?

It is DEI wrap. You can see it at this LINK. I like it better than other wraps, it is made from lava rock. Lot's of folks do use them on their trikes, and it does reduce the radiating heat. No reason to unwrap it. I would make sure to run the bike for a good 45 minutes after washing it, just to avoid water sitting against the stock headers....see post below.

I have run wrap on many bikes and never had a problem. However, I have seen other folks that do have a problem after a few years. I think the difference is that they don't completely dry the wrap out after getting it wet.

http://www.jpcycles.com/harley-exhaust-wrap Look here

Sorry Kevin, not tryin to hijack ur GREAT answer. Heat wrap looks old school I lke it, BUT Moisture can and will get trapped under and in the wrap. How I know is I have seen it. After riding in the rain or washing the bike. Heat wrap works GREAT on race bikes, Why? The extra heat held in helps the low pressure signal from the exhaust{ BIG INCH ENGINES} benefit from this for the extra help needed to scavenge the exhaust. Extra help is needed with big cams, they are almost always in overlap and NEED the help. JMO

Kevin - I didn't see any scrape marks on those floorboards, they might need more testing...:laugh:

lol....I have TRIED scraping them. I have not been able to. I even dreamed about it one night last week. I think with the "right" camber in a curve I might be able to get them to scrape, but normal everyday riding where I normally scrape with footpegs, these do not scrape. :)

Hey Kevin...so these are not as nice (compared to your scenic ride home picks Lol...see the trash cans) but it looks like I've got my own MC club started here at work. :cool: minus one Harley, he'd already left for the day...

View attachment 46930

View attachment 46931

That's cool to work with others that ride!

Kevin

Mary fixes me an apple and some strawberries to take to work each morning.

Here is what they look like upon arriving at the shop when I ride the Softail and put them in the saddlebag....

Softail%20Breakfest_zpsnxv6ca3a.jpg

...here is what they look like upon arriving at the shop when I ride the Sportster and have them in a backpack strapped to the sissy bar. Some serious vibes happening on that sissy bar. lol

Sportster%20Breakfest_zpsrm8fyik3.jpg

They taste good either way. :)

Kevin

It was warm yesterday...like 95 actual and 105 heat index...when we headed up to Beale Street in Memphis.

We got there early...around 6pm.

Early_zps9qwst922.jpg

Saw this helmet...must look even more interesting going down the road at speed. :D

Weird%20helmet_zpszj0ogdjx.jpg

It's starting to fill up a bit-

Starting%20to%20fill%20up_zpsgzb3fh2o.jpg

A few Slingshots rode (drove?) by-

Slingshot_zpsamgjgeco.jpg

This family took turns...

Backdrop%201_zps5rtfdhnb.jpg

...taking photos in front of our Softail. :)

Backdrop%202_zpswefjcrld.jpg

Bikers Lives Matter!

Bikers%20Lives_zpsdzwwczua.jpg

After the sun went down, and it cooled off from 95 to 90, it got pretty crowded.

Last_zpsoouxecfc.jpg

As usual, we had a great meal and fun watching the people and bikes go by.

Last nite was the first time I rode the Softail to Beale Street sans the windshield. It was pretty interesting that it got Far more folks gathering around it and talking about it than normal (like 10 times more folks) and the only difference was no windshield.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png